1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Linconsistency a sign of stardom

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Mar 4, 2013.

1. CXbby

CXbby Member

One night Lin looks like Chris Paul. The next he looks like Cliff Paul.

This may make fans pull out their hair, but to me, it is the biggest sign that he will become a star player.

For young players, the highend of their games is what is most important. Young players are all naturally inconsistent simply due to the fact that they aren't sure what the heck they are doing either. However, their highest of highs will show you a glimpse of their potential down the line.

I would much rather have a young player who is elite some nights, and horrendous on other, totaling out to an average player, than a young player who is steadily, consistently average.

The latter may be easier on fans' psyche, and without a doubt easier on coach's cardiovascular health. But in the long run the player who shows glimpses of elite ability will always become the much better player.

The two things that are easiest to improve as young players are shooting and consistency. The fact that those are Lin's two major, and potentially only, flaws bodes extremely well for his future.

2. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

I think that's why Morey gave him that contract. His numbers last year were off the charts and it was a good value bet at this point in his career.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Sounds like Tyreke Evens to me.

1 person likes this.
  4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I totally agree. Its very frustrating when it's so obvious how good he would be if he could just make a jumpshot with regularity.

5. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

I would give a break to any player stuck in Sac-town hell. The ownership needs to be resolved then coaches.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Nothing wrong with Cliff Paul. He's a heady player.

7. CXbby

CXbby Member

Nothing wrong with Cliff Paul. What I meant to say was Cliff Paul with a basketball.

8. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

It'll take time, but I think that jumpshot is already improving anyway.

9. leejl01

leejl01 Member

Agreed. Also he seems to be looking for his shot instead of passing everything

10. JMG524

JMG524 Member

Most of these Rockets fans doubting Lin weren't watching Knicks games when the whole Linsanity thing happened and therefore don't truly understand his potential. It's only a matter of time before they all become believers.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is super super smart, and you can see him making plays (mostly passes) that the average person would not attempt.

So, I think he has a good upside.

DD

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

That's racist.

13. flipmode

flipmode Member

racist would be, "he's so good at mentally calculating velocity, angles, and momentum needed to pass successfully."

or

"imagine, an asian guy who can't pass. if he can't pass, he can't even begin to get A+ on anything."
    :grin:

14. FearTheBeardJH

He never looks like CP3.

15. coffeelover665

its also well documented in science. Psychologist agree that if you can do something once, you can do it again, no matter how hard the task at hand seems to be.

16. art

art Member

he looks like jkidd/tony parker one night and a guy that doesnt even belong on a nba court the next two. heck he does that from half to half

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Totally agree, there is something about Lin, especially when he is pushing it in transition, he sees the floor so well, and he's getting more and more confident and consistent.

18. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

Cliff Paul. I love it.:grin:

19. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

:grin:

20. aziankingz

aziankingz Member

Confidence fyucks with his head.