1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Podcast] Daryl Morey interview with Zach Lowe

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  2. BeardsOnParade

Wow, Morey said we're the number one half court defense when Omer is on the floor. Thats pretty crazy.

3. BeardsOnParade

let me fix my last comment lol

4. BeardsOnParade

The fact the Omer covers up for the rest of our teams lack of defense to that extreme is nuts. Everyone knows how much of a stud Asik is on defense but did anybody honestly expect us to be number one when he's on the floor? If only we had 2 Omer's and improved on our transition defense lol

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What would be great would be having a shot-blocker next to Omer.

6. Postcall

Postcall Member

All our guys gamble on D all the time. Asik is the fail safe for the gambling.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Good stuff. Thanks for posting. The interviews with the two other guys are quite good as well.

Interesting about the trade talks. Seems McHale was on board with dealing Morris to give minutes to Motiejunas but was not nearly as in the loop on the Pat/Robinson trade because Robinson's availability was a surprise even to the front office. Also seems the front office guys are just really high on Robinson while McHale is less so judging by his comments immediately after the deal.

#7 Carl Herrera, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

interesting that Parsons came to Morey and asked if his contract could be voided

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

That's because it's not McHale's job to know how good or bad Robinson is. He's the coach for the Rockets, and the only things he need to know about other players is how to exploit them when we play them. Besides, coaches always eventually adjust. Adelman had no trouble mixing in Brooks/Lowry after the Rafer trade. Nor did Battier trade prevent him from giving up a 1st rounder for CBud 2 years later.

It's good that coaches have a wait-and-see attitude on new players, rather than buying into any sort of hype.

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Parson should have been more confident in his ability and taken less guaranteed money in the form of a shorter contract.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

To be fair, his contract is not much different than that of a late 1st round pick. In fact, all 1st round picks are locked in at a low salary for 4 yrs even if they outperform it since year one.

If Parsons wants more money, he needs to pimp his looks for endorsement.

This, for example, would be a good product for him to work with:

[​IMG]

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The other thing is that Parsons will not be restricted at all. He will get true market value when is a FA. The rockets will have to pay a lot to keep him.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm positive Parsons will get an extention next season after (DH,CP or whatever big money free agent comes) the FA are signed. wouldnt surprise me if he gets MLE type offer from Morey.

14. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Is there an mp3 version of this? I'd like to listen to this at work, but ESPN's media player is blocked.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

When you click "Download"...

16. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I can't even access the page, so I can't click anything on it. Would anyone be kind enough to post a direct link to the mp3 if possible?

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

18. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

this so awesome...never heard morey talk so much and so open about things.

19. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

He really seems to be getting comfortable with his celebrity. And I think he's especially comfortable being with the Grantland guys because of his friendship with Simmons.

20. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

yah i wish he would have went into more detail on what especially he likes about t-rob. Thats kinda what I wanted to find out. Most sports analysts say hes not an elite talent and best case is a rotation energy big.

Morey keeps saying potential all star