1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale "(Lin) rather have 29pts and 9 TOs, I tell him 'we wanna win'""

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Feb 24, 2013.

1. BayAreaBaller

BayAreaBaller Member

The least he could do is give Jeremy fake props, like say "oh, he shot the ball well tonight for once, blah, blah..." but to completely ignore the question, LOL, wow...

2. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Again it will save everyone the headache if LOFHs would just say "McHale does not think Lin is ready to run an nba team, he think lin is a rookie and will treat him as such"

By going around calling all Lin fans as paranoid for thinking the above is just ridiculous.

1 person likes this.
  3. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Oops wrong thread

4. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

He was talking about Kidd, Johnson, Nash, and Stockton. He wasn't the one that mentioned the stat that he was 40th, but nice try

5. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

6. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

The usual suspects back to defend one of their own without understanding the discussion. He brought up all those PGs as examples of how Lin's usage is not really low. What he is IGNORING is the stat that was brought up about how Lin is currently ranked 40th among PGs right now in usage rate. Got it??? I guess not.

7. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

dude are you that guy's alt?? Seriously, are you talking about what that guy accidentally thought?

8. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

That scenario would also piss of the some of the fans here. " he is putting him down for saying he shot well for once. OMG mcfail hates Lin he is saying he is a bad shooter"

Yeah I understand what you're saying, sure he might be annoyed because im sure he's received many Lin questions, but at least give him some credit. He was indirectly complimenting him though

9. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

dude stop it, by saying we think he hates Lin is a joke.

First, we think McHale does not think Lin is not good enough to be a starting PG does not equal to him hating Lin. You guys are randomly putting words in people's mouth because it makes your point and discredits LOFs.

Second, if you don't think McHale is not high on Lin, you are clueless.

10. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I just don't see how he was implying the people above Lin on the list were HOF players, all I read was he mentioned those 4 players and some other guy mentioned the list of 40 people. But whatever

Yeah of course, im his alt, howd you onow?! :rolleyes: did you not read the part where I said "I guess"? The 19.4 was next to his 22.3 Usg%, I'm just saying its possible he didn't follow down the list correctly.

11. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I wasn't even talking about you, some people say Mchale hates Lin, I'm not saying all of Lins fans.

12. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

See below and next time before you blindly jump into the middle to defend your fellow LOFHs posse, read.

(about Lin)

13. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Ok now I can see the connection between the 40 players and HOF, my bad.

(also its nice to see someone finally use the correct term lol)

14. Bball_4life

Bball_4life Member

Exactly, the dude does not like Lin doing well I'm telling you; he just want him to do well enough to not cost him the game and that's it - defer to Harden and Parson and get out of the way. Sometimes his true feelings comes out during interviews and that he can't even hide it.

15. pacmania

pacmania Member

If Mchale was a good coach the Boston Celtics would've fired Doc Rivers and would've hired him instead .

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

JVG used to blast his players all the time for TOs and defensive lapses in wins. Are you implying that JVG hates his players?

Coaches believe that shots come and go, but mental mistakes can be limited through sheer focus. Basically, McHale is saying stuff that all coaches say.

17. munco

munco Member

is JVG going to limit his starting PG to 25 min a game?
    McHale means well but he is not a good coach. Amazing player, but a coach that has been gifted an amazing situation. People are ecstatic that we might make the playoffs but we have a top 5 player. If you have a top 5 player you have to make the playoffs at the very least.

18. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Lin played with Tony Douglas energy on D all game tonight, first time I've seen him fight through screens like that. It was like he was almost begging McHale not to pull him. I get if McHale doesn't want him to take a bunch of shots, but what I won't understand is why McHale refuses to let him handle the ball. He's gotten over his fear of ball pressure by opposing PG's, scouting reports have noticed it too which is why opposing PG's don't apply full court pressure anymore.

19. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

They run the same plays for the subs. So you mean to tell me that the coach says to the team, "when Jeremy has the ball, I want the ball out of his hands and passed immediately and when Beverley has the ball, I want him to run the plays" Um, ok. To my observation, it seems like Jeremy in fact isn't completely confident and passes it too soon at times. Sometimes he will do it and sometimes he will run the plays. Maybe THAT is why the coach gets upset, because maybe Lin isn't handling the ball. I'm not saying that is true or not but I'm also not there and anything is speculation.

20. pnr

pnr Member

This. I gotta think Jeremy himself is passing it of his own will after he gets across halfcourt, cause Beverley didn't do that when he was in in the 4th. This speaks to me like he has little confidence in his abilities to make plays for the team. He often passes it to Delfino too. Definite head scratcher.