1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Magic 3/1/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 28, 2013.

1. alX

alX Member

totally disagree. his energy and defense is consistent.
    his shot falls enough, when given consistent minutes.
    always like this guy and we need to keep him.

2. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

This change was done back back in November. The point is to stagger Lin & Harden's minutes so Lin doesn't just play spot-up shooter and so the team always has a playmaker/floor general on the court (because we have no one like that on the bench).

Lin & Harden have been playing a lot better together than they were back in November, though. Do you think it should be returned to a more normal sub pattern? Or maybe make Lin a full-on 6th man with Beverly starting?

3. gate470

gate470 Rookie

The media here is terrible. You know better than that.

4. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

No, they were irrelevant. They were never on the SI's cover twice. :)

5. Exel

Exel Member

Beverly got hot at the right moment, scoring 7 points in a row in the fourth. If anything, Lin should have given Delfino a rest. Sure Delfino hit a nice 3 in 2:22 mark and some free throws in the last minute, he wasn't that effective guarding Moore who scored 7 points in the 4th.

6. muas2010

muas2010 Member

McFail, like most coaches, is on a short leash...for him it's all about the Ws at the expense of player development. What he fail to recognize is the latter might actually get him more Ws and coach longer......but then you have to deal with Morey...swapping out rosters on a yearly basis.:grin:

7. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

I was very pissed in those games when we clearly needed some protection under the rim, only to have Asik sit on the bench eagerly looking in.

I am not getting on you about it, just try to share my thoughts. I really have no interest to join the pissing match and flame-baiting on the board, but look for discussion with posts and posters you can actually discuss/debate with.

8. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I was visiting Clutchfans long before Yao ever came along. All of us old lurkers were forced to sign up in order to even read anything on the forums after the Rockets won that number one lottery pick they used on Yao. I've been a Rockets fan since 1971 when the Rockets moved to Houston. I've never been a player only fan, I've only been a Rockets fan.

Lin fans will go wherever Lin goes. They care very little about the Rockets, and they prove it in every game thread.

9. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

steal, alot times, means taking risk. i can't remember each steal beverley did but a couple due to his gamble. lin often does that too. some times getting burned. luckily beverley got on the right side. i believe mchale doesn't like it when lin tried. he wants lin to be more or less a traditional pg, playing safe and initiating the offense w/o TOs.

i have the problem with benching asik too. some times, i can't argue due to matchup issue like other team playing small. today there is no matchup issue with lin. i feel it is just a trust issue.

10. visible

visible Member

good win. I am glad we finally win. glad Beverly showed up.

I am kind of mad at Lin been so stubborn for not looking for his own shots at all. He deserved be mistreated. It is his own fault. if he keep playing like this, his days as starter will be reduced more.

I believe he can do more and do better.

11. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

No, I don't agree with you that a quiet CF is a peaceful place. It is just quiet, no traffic.

And I do apologize if I mistook you for one of the many LOFs migrated here from NYK forums.

12. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I didn't get to watch the game tonight did the Rockets lose?

13. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Lin and Harden's minutes haven't really been staggered much recently. I have seen a trend in the Harden/Parsons combo though. One is always on the court. If Harden sits, then Parsons plays and vice versa.

14. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

The game was close because of this.

15. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Just poking fun, Rip. ;)

There is nothing wrong with falling head over heels for a player. Give LOFs time to mature.

16. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

it's the reason i have no issue with other posters of whatever types. when yao was retired, those real YOFs were gone too. when lin leaves, i believe those REAL LOF will leave too. why bother to hate them?

17. The Rocket

The Rocket Member

im tired of posters putting Lin on a pedastool as if he has earned anything in this league....he hasnt.....he is still a ROOKIE.....he has not played a full season yet and he's only 24 years old...the way he came on the scene has unfairly authorized these outrageous expectations for a 24 year old rookie without any substantial playing time...

he is not in the category where his mistakes go overlooked...he needs to be reprimanded and play with a chip on his shoulder....maybe it's the contract? He is no longer playing as if he has something to prove....that's what happens when you overpay a player....his contract is front loaded so maybe we will get a better lin down the road....remember he was an economics major at Harvard....

you must reduce your expectations of this player....he does not have ELITE athleticism...IQ....OR skills....he is NOT A POINT GUARD.....he is a shooting guard that flourished in a system that matched his skills almost perfectly....

1 person likes this.
  18. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

It's cool! I was reading your posts and agree with you, in fact some had me laughing.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Thanks!

But yeah, I felt that Beverly just kept himself in. He got hot right at like the 5 minute or so mark? Maybe Lin was coming in then? I think at that point the coaches rolled with Bev instead.

I'm not saying that Lin wouldn't have closed it, none of us really know that...but we did see that Bev was closing the game.

McHale just goes with the flow, there really is no strategy to his subs. Some say he staggers to keep Lin and Harden on the floor separately but they don't even do that a lot.

20. instar

instar Member

Welp, He's def not a shooting guard cuz he can't shoot.