1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Magic 3/1/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 28, 2013.

1. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

I respect Jay's posts. This guy is pretty cool.

Tonight's benching of Lin has no logical explanation. Lin was actually not playing okay. Bev played better.

But was Bev so much better to warrant benching your starter for the entire fouth quarter?

2. daernoth

daernoth Member

I find it hard to believe that Terrance Jones would play worse than Robinson. Why not give him some minutes and give Robinson some DLeague minutes?

3. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

That's pretty nonsense. Geesh, Lin played great in the 1st and Bev did good in the 4th. Let it go.

4. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

teebone21
    MemberSince 2011

How was Lin playing like crap tonight?

5. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Haha I was gonna do the same but you beat me to it

6. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Nothing wrong with that. If the old members don't bring in new ideas, positive energy, then they should spend the time doing better things that will make them happier. Same old same old doesn't work in internet.

7. seahawk

seahawk Member

I will take a win over anything.
    We are consistent in one thing - the ridiculous rotation of McHale.

8. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Not hitting on Beverley as he did play well, but Lin was 3-6....it's not like he was bricking things. Perhaps the problem was that he was not shooting at all versus not making any shots. McFail kneejerked again....that's all. But this is a good rest for Lin's ankle or whatever.

9. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Put him on ignore like most people.

10. timyeung

timyeung Member

Well in the the last two games it has been the starters rocking on all cylinders from the gate and building up a small early lead, and then we start substitutions and the momentum as well as the big lead is lost. Hate to say it but Robinson also has not been playing well and it shows.

11. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Hey, watch it son. Or I will label you a LOF.

I welcome new members. A little heated debate never hurts anyone.

12. muas2010

muas2010 Member

McFail's is using his method of player development......playing his potential players with bench minutes.:grin:

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's their problem. So if I say Delfino played great defense does that mean Parsons isn't?

Beverly played great defense. He played better defense then Lin tonight since his defense created key turnovers.

Every one's subs patterns are off under McHale except for Harden. That's just how McHale is unfortunately.

There was a strong of games when people wondered why Asik was on the bench in the 4th.

They expect something different from Lin, they seem to have a role for the PG and it is what it is. Don't get on me about it, I've already said a while ago that I don't like McHale as a coach...

14. ChandlerBANG

ChandlerBANG Member

Breaking news: ClutchFans sold to Chinese-American millionaire, to be renamed to LinOnlyFans

On that note, there really should be a ClutchFans subforum dedicated to LOFs. :p

15. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

agree. i don't know what was in mchale's head. this starting lineup except pf position has been used since day 1. how many games we have played? by now, i don't know what i am going to say. it looks to me mchale hasn't decided who is his starting pg. he has no trust on lin at all. what has he been doing? if he doesn't trust lin, he should tell morey to get a new starting pg. probably, when morey asked him how about lin, he would have said "i have no idea."

16. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

So you disagree that a majority of game threads ends in a LOF vs LOH debate? Also, you disagree with my statement that the OKC game thread was enjoyable to read because it was peaceful? Who said I came from the Knicks forum?

17. Karolik

Karolik Member

It was both.
    He was not shooting AND he wasn't making any shots. Watch the game and look at the context . He was 2-2 in the first quarter on 3's. Thats 1-4 the rest of the game. 4 shots from your starting PG who made a reputation on making shots the rest of game unless your name is Rondo is too little. Missing 3 of 4 shots when he did shoot is also bad. He didn't take a single 3 the rest of the game even though he was hot. He's not exactly doing himself a favor. Remember Linsanity wasn't 10 pts and 15 assists. It was 25 pts and 8 assists.

18. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Every freaking game.
    uh, Lin not doing this, lin not doing that. why he plays like crap? why can't he shoot? he can't play D!!
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

How was robinson today? Still don't understand how Robinson get the minutes before Terence Jones.

It's unfair.

Why is McHale not playing Anderson? :confused:
    Let Delfino back up Parsons, and let Anderson back up Harden. What's the big deal?

Why don't they ask these kind of question in the interview? :confused:

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I can't remember but did we have a Dragic Only Fan, Dragic Only Hater,Lowry Only Fan and Lowry Only Hater?

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

String of games.

But yeah, I've always hated his rotations. Especially how he'll throw out the entire second unit (as if we are a deep team) in the 2nd qtr.

Every game he does this, he'll play the back up for every player all at one time for about 4 or so minutes and this is when we usually lose the lead we managed to get.