1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden not getting calls might be a tactical conspiracy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jfbradley1985, Mar 1, 2013.

1. jfbradley1985

jfbradley1985 Member

As soon as Kobe announces his guarantee, the refs lay off the calls for harden. How bad would it be for a star studded LA Lakers team miss the playoffs in terms for ratings? I'm sure the leagues hierarchies feel the same way... Just saying.

2. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

probably not

3. ooox

ooox Member

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Stern blocked a Gasol to Houston trade because he wanted the Lakers to remain competitive and then tried to compensate for it by giving Houston the All-Star Game even though we had one like 5 or 6 years ago. And then the Lakers/Kings fiasco..

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Many are noticing Harden not getting calls lately (@<a href="https://twitter.com/bull50">bull50</a> ), before all-star break Harden avg 10.0 FT/g (tops in NBA). Only 7.8 FT/g since</p>&mdash; Adam Wexler (@awexler) <a href="https://twitter.com/awexler/status/307668006996168704" data-datetime="2013-03-02T01:45:43+00:00">March 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Harden just got complete jobbed on 2 straight drives to the rim. Luckily he still made the 2nd one.

7. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

Because ref's aren't going to be stupid forever. Harden has a lot of no calls go his way for just head bopping. Eight a game is still pretty good.

8. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I agree! Something is fishy about these no calls

9. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Yes, I'm sure tapes have been sent how he sticks the ball out there so players reach and then get the foul. I expect a rule change next year trying to do to him what they did to Martin. This is of course convenient with the Rockets in 8th and above LA.

10. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

He hasn't been driving to the basket as effectively since his injury, that's what's going on.

It is hard to see the difference, because it is minute -- but in professional sports inches make a world of difference. But we've seen him score less on drives, and he is drawing fouls less for the same reason -- he simply is not driving as well injured.

And we can of course all see the detriment it has had on the team.

11. robrhodes

robrhodes Member

I've noticed it. He gets hammered often and no call. He holds his arms up and they get hit and that should be a foul. When he reaches true superstar status those will be fouls more often.

12. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

Lay off the crack pipe.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Please shut up

14. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

The Lakers have won 12 of their last 16 games including a few games heavily influenced by the officiating. I think they will make the playoffs and knockout the Spurs in the first round. Stern doesn't want the Clippers and Lakers to meet each other in the playoffs ever. He wants LA sports fans to support both teams.

6 is pretty good too...let's not say anything until he is down to 3.8.

15. okguy456

okguy456 Contributing Member

i also thought it was fishy...could be!

16. jfbradley1985

jfbradley1985 Member

Maybe this a reaction towards the gimmicky word, conspiracy. Nevertheless, you can't stray from the fact how much ratings for the NBA matter in the play offs... I mean, it may not be ethical but for the money alone ANYONE would influence the game the way I mention in the OP. Come on guys, its not so far fetched logically unlike most crazy conspiracies.

17. Orange

Orange Member

We already had the 2013 all star game locked in before that trAde. I'm tired of this stupid argument.

18. nbafever

nbafever Member

I like how he adjusted in the 3rd. Missing his 3s and not getting calls on his drives?

He just dribbled up to the FT line and got several jumpers that way

19. instar

instar Member

U R CRAY CRAY

20. OpportunityCost

Why is this unbelievable? Stern fined San Antonio $250,000 for not having the team on the court he felt should be on the court - and this was in public view. Who knows what he's doing privately. It is clear that Stern will use his resources and influence to have what team he thinks should be on the court, on the court!