1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

McFail is horrible at coaching strategy. It's like he doesn't even care if Delfino is over-match during crucial crunch time. The smart coach, they know who to play and who to put in just for that possession before another time out or switch possession. This coach is costing the team loss and these are huge losses. It could mean the difference between making the Playoffs or not.

2. Zergling

Zergling Member

I see Chris Finch being our HC in the long-term, but I also don't see us firing McHale. Next year is the last year of his deal and then we have a team option. I'm going to guess we're not going to exercise that option and let Finch take over the reigns.

3. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Murphy has no impact on the team. Did he say this again?

4. ausbear

ausbear Member

Fire McFail!
    this guys is constantly relying on clutchfans to fix his problems but he lags...
    If only he listen to the opnions here in time I would not yield this:
    Fire McFail!

5. ausbear

ausbear Member

firstly he used pg as sg and sg as pg, that problem is partly fixed, but
    now he use 2 sgs and 0 pf...wtf

6. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

You want Harden for that job?

7. ausbear

ausbear Member

now that TJ is wasted, if I am TJ's dad I would slap McFail's head from behind....

8. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Why Jones doesn't get to play ahead of Robinson, I don't know? Knows the offense/system better, has been here the whole year.

9. Arthurprescott2

I would have suggested Lin.

Trade chip. Gotta get his value up some before the summer.

10. pacmania

pacmania Member

TJones has actually demonstrated shotblocking ability on defense. Mchale has an arbitrary system of giving playing time according to his personal whims.

He didn't give Dmo a second of playing time until recently claiming he has to earn it. And now Trob comes in for a few days and he invests playing time all of a sudden.

And the weakest link on this team is ........

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Kevin McFail

12. jacky c

jacky c Member

Morey and Les wanted the championship as much as anybody here.

=>Morey said he'd only consider those players who's championship caliber even major or minor roles

=>Make no difference for the coach's situation.

=>If it didn't pan out, either the players or the coaches have to leave.

p.s. For those who loves Lin, after all the adversities he overcome, it's really no big deal learning to satisfy your head coach or superstar in order to stay on the court. Cuz he was nearly out of NBA a year ago, he thought he's blessed no matter what. Likes gonna like, dislike always dislike, let them be. Just enjoy watching him grow and sure he will.

For rockets fans, it's still refreshing after the mediocre teams that we got last several years. We are young, energetic, motivated and talented. Mistakes' gonna make. We won't get our championship this year or maybe the next year too. So, relax and support the team as it grow. The management is doing his job.

The future is bright cause Les and Morey wanted no playoffs visitors but championship. Thats why we ~50 mil salary competing with ~70/70+ mil teams for a playoff spot, proud of that. Lets enjoy the remaining schedule and see what's gonna happen this summer. Looking forward to it! :grin:

1 person likes this.
  13. rubbertoe

rubbertoe Member

Bring in a real coach that knows how to draw on the play board.

Mchale has always been a brute of a player, meaning he's probably not good on the books or play making.

Bring in a coach that knows what the hell they're doing... heck, is Scott Skiles still around?

14. pacmania

pacmania Member

I don't know why Mchale is so fascinated with small ball when during his playing days it was unheard of to play small.

For someone who made his living as a post player together with Robert Parish he seems to run little post plays and puts little value on post players such as Dmo and Terrence Jones. Of Course we have James Harden but a little variety could really help.

Its interesting to see what would've happened had the Celtics played small ball against Moses Malone or against Hakeem and Thorpe. They would most likely have been obliterated.

In this article on Celtics return to Glory, the Celtics realized one thing: They had to get bigger.

Interesting quote from Moses Malone: " The Celtics are chumps."http://www.nba.com/history/finals/19801981.html

15. brick

brick Member

Music chair ball handling === large team TOs
    It works beautifully sometimes just like our 4 small lineup does occasionally.
    I remember last time the coaches enforced it after a few blowup wins and then we lost 7 in a stretch.
    Now the coaches seem to like it only after the Rockets have a large lead, expecting to see a blowout but only to lose two games in a row.

16. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Funny you should mention this, as I've seen McFail a few times with a play board but no marker.:grin:

1 person likes this.
  17. pacmania

pacmania Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c2c6j1zjmfw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

At first I didn't agree with all these people that were saying Lin was being held back by McHale... But now that I have been to a live game I see it. Lin is forced to play a game that's not him... Lin just needs to say screw McHale and Jeremy Lin basketball.

1 person likes this.
  19. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

He went small ball again huh, guess that is in line with Morey's thinking so no harm, no foul. I think deep down Morey knows we won't make the playoffs and it will not affect McHale's situation. In short, the guy can do whatever he wants.

20. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

And holding back a starter hurts the team. This game should have been won easily.