1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doug Collins goes off on Sixers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Commodore, Feb 26, 2013.

1. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

This is so on point. He's being truthful.

2. yo

yo Contributing Member

Oh Doug. As dramatic as they get. Loves the sound of his voice. When he was at TNT, the only commentator I have ever had to mute.

3. underrated015

underrated015 Member

No to Bynum in the offseason, what if we are philly next year with him.

4. Entropy

Entropy Member

Rockets only have Chandler left from last year's line-up. You don't see us crying.

5. WNBA

WNBA Member

because Rockets replacements are actually playing. Sixers got nothing on court.

1 person likes this.
  6. TebowTime

TebowTime Member

Did you not hear the part about how he praised vucevic for grabbing 19 boards while hawes got 1 and lavoy got like 2? Ohh yea Vucevic plays for other team btw.

"Energy, effort, and execution and he's in charge of one of them." He murdered his team lol. Might as well just call in sick for the rest of the season. Those players gonna tune him out.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Not the kind of stuff you say in the press unless you're ready to be fired.

8. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

He is a pretty good coach.

9. carayip

carayip Member

Sound like exactly something the Rockets were doing for Harden. And before Harden, sounds exactly like a lot of people here in Houston advocated the same for Bynum. Trading away our best scorer and 2 excellent prospects/draft picks for a superstar, no? You gonna take gamble for greatness, no?

It just didn't work out (yet) for Bynum and it worked out for Harden. But who knows? If you never gambled, you would forever not know.

The ceiling of last year's Sixers team with Iggy was never higher than an 7th-8th seed and a 2nd round team at best and had no reason to keep intact. Bynum could easily make it better than that if he worked out.

1 person likes this.
  10. carayip

carayip Member

Also, Collins had Vucevic all of last year and yet he never played him.

Now he's talking like he rather had Vucevic and would develop him. Laughable at best.

Collins = Skiles. Good at Xs and Os but wear his welcome fast.

11. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Holy hell he threw the team under the bus. He was put in a difficult situation though I guess. And he's right - losing Iguodala, Vucevic & Harkless and getting nothing on the court in return is going to hurt.

12. carayip

carayip Member

Collins himself was the de facto GM for the Sixers, he signed off that deal and also he himself re-signed Hawes. Iggy is never going to stay at Philly past this season. Vucevic is a player Doug himself never played last season. Harkless is a rookie if Doug had him would never play anyway.

How could Collins blame anyone but himself for this mess? Also, even if Bynum never played a game for Philly, I still would not say that was neccesarily a horrible deal since their current situation is still better than last year. No one but Milwaukee want to be a Milwaukee Part 2, a forever 8th seed contender going nowhere.

13. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

Same pattern everywhere he goes...

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

only thing bad about him getting fired is i might have to hear his whiny storybook telling voice as a color analyst again :X

15. chongx04

chongx04 Member

Can't see how you would ever hire a coach who is adamantly opposed to any sort of analytics what-so-ever.

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Yep. He doesnt give a F anymore. dead man walking

17. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Either he's talking the talk and becoming the dead man who walks..or he's walking the walking and will hopefully turn things around. I tend to believe the 2nd, he sounded honest and just told everybody how he felt. However, he's such a blatant ass on TNT where he lies through his teeth all the time I have a hard time trusting him. I hope he stays away from the mic, that's all I care about.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

Don't worry Doug, don't listen to the critics. I'll still be your friend.

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I love Doug Collins. Never seen him rip his team to shreds like tht. He also ripped mgmt to shreds by stating the truth...Philly made a bad deal and Collins got stuck picking up the pieces. They were a 2nd round playoff team last year. No front court rebounding and a poor shooting back court. They aren't built well.

20. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

Lmao classic. Perfect time to post this