1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale "(Lin) rather have 29pts and 9 TOs, I tell him 'we wanna win'""

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

“Jeremy, by nature, is a home run hitter. Home run hitters strike out a lot. When you have the ball in your hand and you’re the point guard, you’re better off being a leadoff guy who gets a lot of walks and gets some singles and doubles. How many home run hitters are point guards in our league? Very few. But by nature, that’s who he is. But he’s a young kid, and he’s improving all the time.”

You know, context. Past, very similar comments can give you some insight into what he was talking about. McHale wants Lin to be a "singles and doubles" guy, Lin sometimes falls back into "home run hitting", McHale doesn't think that's best for the team.....Please work with me here, stop being willfully ignorant.

2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Repped

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He didn't question his "heart" he just suggested that he sometimes falls back into a style of play that isn't optimal for the team winning in the eyes of the coach...You are very likely intentionally looking too far into the comments and ignoring context from similar comments in the past.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Thank you, and Deckard, you can get banned or get an infarction for doing this. I got warned for making about 14 posts in a thread once, but 124 posts is insane. Will report, this is just ridiculous.

Kind of funny he wants concrete facts when everything he has been babbling has been a fantasy scenario.

5. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

After that quote you still call it schizophrenia? Lin would rather score 29 points? Spin all you guys want, just dont come BS us here in a thread. Create a pro McHale thread and have fun agreeing with each other there.

6. nono

nono Member

meow meow meow

7. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

The sad part is many posters agree with him in this thread and that he is winning arguments because no one can argue circular for this long.

8. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

There is nothing special to Lin with regarding to Mchale coaching.
    It is simple. Dragic, Scola,and Lorwy are all the classic examples.
    And just happened not far away.

Is it only fan fiction? It is not important. Tired of seeing LOHs trolling
    or LOFs arguing.

I think it is already much more trust from coaches compared to the
    early this season. Lin is improving, that is enough

9. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

For Lin to realize his maximum potential, he needs to be the aggressive, primary ball-handler he can be.

For Harden to realize his maximum potential, he needs a guy to space the floor at the PG position.

Ultimately, a trade will be beneficial for both the Rockets and Lin, even if the Rockets only get back their cap space so they can use it in the offseason.

People who point to the few games when they both played really well needs to understand those days are nothing more than an illusion.

10. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

That refers to the ongoing paranoia.
    Before you get into the specifics of compiling evidence to back your conspiracy theories how about you actually LISTEN to what everybody is telling you. This HASN'T gotten confirmed anywhere else and reeks of yellow journalism.

11. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

rather ... than...

can someone help me to understand it?

like i said before if mchale had used "your style isn't optimal for the the team winning", i won't have any problem. why so hard for you to understand my view? your guys just kept softening his tune to justify his view.

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Who is "us"? A bunch of delusional Lin fans circle jerking each other? Why make a pro McHale thread? Anyone with common sense knows he's a good coach. Plus, it's amusing to watch you get all worked up and embarrass yourselves

13. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Bottom line is, McHale will not be the head coach to lead this team pass the second round in playoffs. We need some one who has the experience and track record to do so.

14. Sesshoumara

Sesshoumara Member

I've given McHale the benefit of the doubt considering the source of the news. However, since it's confirmed that it was a direct quote from him, I just accept the fact that McHale doesn't see Jeremy Lin as a winner but just someone who wants to pad stats. It's laughable because it couldn't be any further away from reality. So as the head coach, he couldn't tell what his PG is doing (trying to win). What else he doesn't know?

I'm not confident that he's a good coach for the Rockets. I always hear that the Rockets are over-achieving this season (due to their youth) because of McHale, but I don't agree. I think the Rockets are doing well despite having a coach that doesn't know how to run an offense that emphasizes his players' strengths and make in-game adjustments. I hope the Rockets get a new head coach next season.

15. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

In the spirit of conspiracy theories, why are there posters with pre-2012 join dates that suddenly come out and start rampantly posting about Lin with this same sort of attitude we have been seeing?

16. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Lol you say "criticize" him for name calling yet in the same paragraphs you name call Mchale "mcfail".

17. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

what mchale tried to say is lin RATHER cared about his 29pts than team winning. did mchale question lin's heart?

18. ERC

ERC Member

Agreed. Those who think McHale hates Lin should read Jason Friedman's latest article in which he discusses Beverley's offensive rebound and McHale's response (which was less than flattering). The thing is, I bet no one would start a "McHale hates Beverley" thread because it's just coaching/constructive criticism. The same applies to McHale's comment towards Lin, IMHO.

19. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

We are talking about the quote in a major publication. It has been confirmed by Jason Friedman on his twitter feed and McHale has not denied it. That said, why are we discussing hypotheticals and calling everyone under the sun a liar. Unless McHale denies it lets assume Filip Bondy is not making quotes up. Anyway, i am making the same argument over and over, its because you guys are throwing the same arguments back over and over. Fake/Out of Context/McHale didnt mean this. Nothing new same old.

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Some YoFs are LoFs ?