1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

'99ers and LOF's unite!

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by heypartner, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

This sure is an interesting thread, im an 11'er. Doesn't sound really cool

2. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Any year is good as long as you're a real Rockets fan.

3. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Good point, I've been a fan since 2005 or 2006, took me a while to learn of this site and it didn't join right away because I didn't think I'd want to post lol

4. AVP

AVP Member

Yup, if not for the exciting potential of this Rockets team I won't even be here. This is seriously becoming one the worse fan forum I've ever been a part of.

It's like if you just joined this forum before a certain date, (you could have joined to bash the Rockets even), you automatically gets higher status and your opinion matters more than those who joins a day after the JLin trade.

I wish I stil have the account I made way back when Yao-Tmac were underachieving. I wish remembered it so I can instantly talk **** to other potentially more knowledgeable posters just because I JOINED EARLIER.

Yes LOF are annoying as hell, just like those YOF, but a lot of them stayed and became so-called Rocket Only fans. I don't see any of these Lin fans staying if Lin ever gets traded, mostly because the amount of hate they receive from "pre-2012er". Some of you LOH are much, much worse than the worst of the LOF,s IMHO. No wonder I have way more LOH and "vets" on my ignore list than LOFs.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The NBA is not widely available then as it is today, you are forced to watch what NBC or CBS shows you, besides your local teams.

The only time others get to watch Dream is if they put the Rockets on national TV. And it was about marketing. When Barkley joined the Rockets, magically we were on TV all the time. I'm happy that the NBA elites now like Kobe, Lebron, Howard, Carmelo all go to Dream. they witnessed his talents.

Now you can watch many teams on many cable/satellite, you have so many options.

technology is great that way.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

A Rockets fan who believes in the true reason Clutchfans was created.
    They joined when they were called to joined .
    They understood what Rudy T meant by 'non believers' and they have one thing to say to those non believers.

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

This is an ignorant point of view.

Objectively speaking, LOH's (I still don't think they actually exist btw) are not even remotely close to how outlandish LOF's are. Especially the worst of the LOF's. LOF's have repeatedly race baited, hated on everyone in the organization, and even called out Clutch and R2k. For those reasons alone they are incredibly rude and behave in a way that I can't really respect.

They have some audacity. If I was a mod id smash and ban for that type of **** without warning. On most other forums I visit people regularly get banned for much less.

But again, that being said, older posters getting baited into silly arguments with them should ease up. Especially since Lin has been playing well recently. Nowadays when I see any analysis/rationalization of Lin's play in a post I immediately look to see if it's from a 2012 join date or one of the 10 or so older posters who have some obvious emotional attachment to Lin. Then I take it with a grain of salt. I think all of you should do the same.

Lin's doing well. McHale is doing well. The rockets are exceeding expectations. Everyone should just chill and enjoy it for what it is instead of trying to analyze every little detail so you can stroke your e-peen.

Everybody love everybody.

8. Rfan

Rfan Member

[​IMG]

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I'm a fan of you, HP and you are definitely not a snob. I think I'm starting to understand what you're saying. For my part, I've only ever called out posts that were irrational and paranoid. Like, "Kevin McHale hates Asians", or "we would have won the game if they played Lin more" (on a night when he was 1 for 8).

I could care less when a person joined as long as they're not a dick, or are posting crap on a habitual basis. I don't think I'm better because I've even here for over 13 years. I do think that I've learned how to respect the board by not starting threads every time I think that what I have to say is original and deserves attention. lots of folks abuse the thread starting privileges and that's annoying, but only slightly; I can live with it.

I'm glad that Jeremy Lin has brought a whole new crop of fans to Houston. And it's okay to start rooting for a team because your favorite player's on it. But I hope folks will respect that the organization was here long before Lin, and it's got a history of its own to be proud of. For me, the biggest problem I have with the way the board has changed is that too many threads seem to get derailed and degenerate into conversations about Lin.

I promise to respect people's right to love Jeremy Lin first and be a rockets fan second, if they respect that this site is for rockets fans and elevating Lin by disrespecting the team or the organization is stupid. Bash the org, the coaches, or the players on the basis of merit. Have a take that isn't based on a Lin-complex. And understand that not every thread has to be a debate about how great Jeremy Lin is. Just my opinion.

I do think everyone should feel free to post their opinions, but have some self-awareness and tact.

2 people like this.
  10. tomato

tomato Member

We 99ers have to stick together, no matter what. Even honorary 99ers like myself and Han Solo

11. tinman

Supporting Member

nah dude you're just deaf
    all the 99ers remember clutch and jeff
    when they battled to save our team
    they took the lead like they were the dream
    we're here longer so we appreciate their work more
    cause we know mvps don't just need to score
    they have to play and be a leader
    clutch crew and 99ers like bimathug make it good for us readers
    now we got a bunch of new people because of jeremy lin
    they don't understand that we just want to win
    as team for htown the city you know
    not for 90s bulls, new york or orlando
    we don't like what if, we like what will be
    we just want another clutch city

/99 til infinity

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

'99er is only a phantom label created by tinman. Nobody cares except him. He's the one-man troop trying to fight the enemies inside his mind.

LOFs are real though. Some of them are good. Some are annoying as hell.

I am a '02er. Sometimes it attracts the YOF label. But we had some Yao fans that have been good posters since '02.

Anyway, I support HP's agenda. Let's unite. Lin is improving, albeit still very inconsistent. The Rockets are fairly good, and a very bright future. Let's talk some CURRENT basketball and stop the war. It's good to have some nostalgia every now and then. So tinman is cool when he does that. But we are looking at the present and the future.

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Who is this Lin guy everyone speaks of? I suppose you could call me an HOF.

99'ers are overrated. You're a nobody unless you're in the double digit club.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

I like this idea heypartner,
    Uniting the 99ers to rule clutchfans once again !

15. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This entire post sums up my thoughts on the matter. Every thread, every comment is now subject to arrogant and defensive responses in honor of Lin. Compliment a player and it becomes about why not compliment Lin or Lin does it better. Rip Lin for a bad decision and it becomes about why not rip Harden or stop picking on Lin. It is one thing to be a fanboy, quite another to spam every thread with Lin love, trying to get in the last word.

It even effects the highlight videos. I haven't complained because I am not taking out the time to do it myself, but the game highlights and individual player highlights are now "______ + Lin" highlights along with a dedicated Lin highlight reel. It is like two sites on the same bbs: clutchfans.net and linfans.net. We all have our favorite players/characters, but we understand the site is about the team.

Overtime, I expect it to settle and calm down. The Yao stuff eventually died down, too. Until then, I will just selectively read posts and very selectively respond with liberal use of the ignore feature. I am too appreciative of what Clutch has created here to make the board a personal battleground.

16. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Oh so true Tinman. Most don't realize how close that move was. Lots & lots of people were not for a new arena, and that was probably the biggest snag.
    Thanks Tinman for all you write/and have written. Yes there are a bunch of the older posters that aren't seen much anymore, but did A TON behind it all!

To the thread: We are all Rockets fans, right? Guys, like HP said, chill. Most of us here are not XonlyFans, but Houston Rockets fans! We love them. So we can try & be a bit more respectful in Clutch's website he made for the FANS, and for our TEAM.

Thanks to all the fans, and discussion, bad, and good ones!

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I'm on to you HP, I finally see the reason for all those Lin posts

Anytime I post pro Lin stuff I get tons of rep as other posters have noted....it must be paying off..

;)

1 person likes this.
  18. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

Just an idea... would it be possible to have a "CF Members' Code of Conduct" thread?

If it was made sticky in GARM, we might have some more success in shaping the member experience to be more considerate and respectful.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

Hay Gais! Group hug for all of us!

[​IMG]

20. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

Seriously, it's about time the hypersensitive folks on both sides get in a room and settle this thing once and for all.