1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is shooting 47.4% FGs and 47% 3s in last 11 games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Parpar2j

Parpar2j Member

Lin had a flu since the game against Nets

2. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

proof that mchale yells in his ear? Isn't that what a coach needs to do? Or do we need coach mchale to give Lin a back massage so that he can feel better because hes a hurt little boo boo

LOF spotted.

3. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Yes, just confirmed.

4. jocar

jocar Member

Even if your lopsided, myopic theory is right....
    How many grown men, professional NBA players, earning millions of dollars to play a game need coddling from their coaches in order to play well? And how many other coaches even do that??? Sorry, but you're crazy, this ain't pee wee league, and Mchale ain't his dad.

5. pnr

pnr Member

He had a cold/flu like symptoms for the OKC game too. It's really not an excuse. His shots were short tonight. In the warmups he made around half of his three point attempts. It just was an off shooting night for him. I don't know why he didn't try to drive it in more tbh.

6. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

It gets worse now. Mchale confirmed it. He wouldn't play if Douglas is still here.

7. Karolik

Karolik Member

Half is pretty bad tbh. You should be making 70%+ in practice.

8. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Comparing warmups vs. the actual game is just silly. And it sounds like you're luckily unfamiliar with colds :p Colds get worse, and hitting only half the shots during warmups proves he wasn't feeling well, pretty sure he always hits most of them.

9. NatrlBornChemis

Lin played hesitant and scared tonight....he wasnt in the game...hurt us down the stretch....

Beverly stays ready...he's kind of like a Toney Douglas clone w/ more heart

10. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

You know what is really frustrating for a Lin/Rox fan? It's that every time you think he has turned the corner, he throws up a bunch of stinkers that really frustrate the crap out of you... I can think of 4 games/stretches when I thought he was going to take off from there:

First two games of season (after an awful preseason)
    38 pt spurs game
    10 of 12 W's (ie Knicks / Bulls)
    Recent OKC game

Yet he has these HUGE drop offs in subsequent games that it has really been tough to watch this year.

11. pnr

pnr Member

Just don't be a Lin fan then. Better for your happiness and sanity.

12. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Players get sick and don't play well. Happened to Asik, Parsons and Harden earlier in the season.

Can't really be pissed about it.

13. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Exactly, the flu has made a lot of players in the NBA play bad.

Beverley played good but the offense just doesn't flow that well when he is in the game but I sure liked his shooting tonight.

14. texansalltheway

jeremy is an average shooter

15. doggoneit

doggoneit Member

I got some sorh of flu too and it effects my tipying and gremmar too. It happen to the best

16. nbafan74

nbafan74 Member

Totally agree with you! I mean I like the kid a lot, with his skills and all but he's just too inconsistent. I supported Jeremy back in NY but the guy's way too unpredictable now than the stock market. Uptick downtick up down down up down up up down up down down down....sheeesh

The only way to hedge from his inconsistent play is to make him the sixth man/backup PG. Sorry but that's the reality of things with him especially now that he has had 82 starts under his belt. In fact it might help him improve his consistency/efficiency in the long run and boost the Rox bench with instant offense at the same time.

17. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

All I read is "I have been a fan of Lin since his NYK days", I'm just curious but who has followed him since his GS days?

18. zilches

zilches Member

I wonder why NBA players don't get flu vaccines? I know they aren't 100% effective, but still.

19. proudfoot

proudfoot Member

Seriously - this. It should be a requirement. We would have won this game if Lin was healthy.

20. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Lin played like crap, but McHale is holding him back by destroying his confidence. Lin is the only starter that will get pulled early every time if he starts off cold. Today was fine since he was sick, but he's supposed to be the next go-to-guy after Harden, you can't keep pulling him after a shaky start and expect him to come back strong when you put him back in the game.

He didn't get off to a hot shooting start in every game during Linsanity. Remember the Toronto game? He wasn't playing well the first 3 quarters, Pringles left him in and he went off as soon as the 4th began.