1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nets 2/22/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 21, 2013.

1. addictionary

addictionary Member

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Good thing Joe Johnson was out. Probably would've beaten us if he played.

3. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Those Lin passes......so exciting to watch!:cool:

4. VanityHalfBlack

How dumb are you? How ignorant of you to think that way, my goodness and if you're trying to be funny please stop...:mad:

5. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Love the tweet!:grin:

The cheers for Rockets were quite loud esp for Jlin last night.

6. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Lin-ning situation: Jeremy thriving with Rockets
    By TIM BONTEMPS
    Last Updated: 3:39 AM, February 23, 2013

It was only a year ago Jeremy Lin was at the center of the American sports universe, going from a player on the verge of being cut for a third time in a single season to scoring 38 points against Kobe Bryant and the Lakers in the span of a few short weeks.
    Now, just 12 months later, Lin is far away from the bright lights of New York and the heights of Linsanity, but still is playing well alongside James Harden in Houston’s backcourt.

“I don’t really spend much time reminiscing during the season, at least, but it’s something that I’m thankful for and will always remember,” said Lin, who scored nine points and added six assists in the Nets’ 106-96 loss to the Rockets Friday night at Barclays Center. “I realize it’s a little over a year ago, and that’s just a little crazy to think about, to think about how much it’s changed.”
    It was against the Nets — and, specifically, Deron Williams — that Linsanity began last February, when Lin came off the bench and scored 25 points in just under 36 minutes in a 99-92 Knicks’ win at the Garden on Super Bowl Saturday.
    But when Lin looked across the court at William, he still saw one of the league’s elite point guards, despite the subpar season Williams has put together.
    “He’s a great, great, point guard,” Lin said. “I know people are kind of on him and saying he’s having an off-year, but, shoot, I’ll take an off-year if it’s whatever he’s doing and how well he’s playing.
    “If that’s his off-year, that just tells you how good he really is. Obviously his numbers may be down a little, but I think it’s just a different role, different team, different style, but I think he’s still a top, top point guard in the entire league.”

As for Lin, he went through his own fair share of criticism this season when he started out slowly alongside Harden, who took off like a supernova after the Rockets acquired him in a trade with the Thunder just days before the start of the season.
    But Harden and Lin have begun to look better together as the season has gone along, something both attributed to having more time to get used to one another. That was never more evident than it was Wednesday against the Thunder, when Harden scored 46 and Lin finished with 29 points, six rebounds and eight assists in a Rockets’ win.
    “I think with anybody you can’t expect two players who like to make their teammates better and like to score the basketball mesh right away,” Harden said. “It took us some time, and we’re playing well. Last game, he played well and I played well, so it’s just a matter of us playing more games, more practices and just communicating better.”

When Lin left the Knicks, it looked like he was headed to a young Rockets team that was going to need time to develop to turn into a playoff contender, particularly in the loaded Western Conference, even after it acquired Harden. But Houston (31-26) has surprised everyone — including Lin himself — by spending the first half of the season occupying a playoff spot.
    “I think we have exceeded expectations coming in, because no one really knew what to expected,” said Lin, who entered the game averaging 12.9 points, 3.5 rebounds, 6.2 assists and 1.9 steals. “We didn’t even know what to expect.
    “We’re happy, but we’re definitely not satisfied.”

http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/nets/lin_ning_situation_jeremy_thriving_GfbtqK9jD8RPu0UdY99JUO

7. bball7

bball7 Contributing Member

A good read from the New York Times:
    Nets Try to Plug Leaks, but a Burst by the Rockets Hands Them a Loss

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/23/sports/basketball/jeremy-lin-and-the-rockets-defeat-nets.html?_r=1&

8. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

OK lin didn't shoot well today, BUT OMG , the rockets just unlocked a chest box of offensive options. With Lin -----> DmO/TR.
    Frankly I am really excited and really believe that this is now a reality. ;)

I am 95% certain of it.

9. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

10. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Thank you for your support, new york Lin fans! Rockets hear your cheers.

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Lin 4-0 against NYC.

12. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

love this win , showed TRUE GRIT.

13. sammsung987

sammsung987 Member

Seriously.. Lins passes just demoralized the nets in the first half. Love the expression on Lopez when nets blow coverages for easy dunks.

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Anderson is really impressing me. Guy can create off the dribble and is someone that the Rockets should hang on to long term. I think he can become a Danny Green type player that the Spurs have. He is underrated and I think we lose last night without him.

Garcia, Anderson,Parsons, Beverly,Asik

I would like to see that lineup to start the second as its great defensively and underrated offensively!

15. aziankingz

aziankingz Member

All the Lin fans betrayed by Knicks came to watch him play. I wanted to get tickets but holy cow, ticket prices were expensive for this game. Now the Knicks are doing horrible lately and really in need of a presence like Lin - how stupid the Knicks FO was to let him walk.

Love what i am seeing with this team and the chemistry they have. Really looks like they are in the run for playoffs and can really upset in the first round and maybe second.

16. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

17. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

Nets have great commentators, along with knicks

18. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

I love Lin. I really miss him here in New York. Best Knicks basketball in a decade. Lin is a much better player than most houstonians give him credit for. Lin is clearly sacrificing his game for the team. Really sad there were so much hate at the beginning of the season. Unlike past Houston teams where we all knew it was one and done in the playoffs assuming the team makes the playoffs at all, this team is special and will go far. I honestly believe we can get 4-6 seed and make the second round.

My grudge is with James Dolan and not Lin. Dolan is transforming the Knicks into the New York geriatrics.

1 person likes this.