1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Rob Vs Jordan Hill

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Drawkwa22, Feb 22, 2013.

1. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

yeah Jchill coasted a lot. The rep he had was that he didn't really like basketball.

2. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

trob is clearly the better athlete with much greater skills.

trob's propensity to use the left hand when finishing is indicative of this.

3. jocar

jocar Member

Hill

Height: 6' 9.25" Height in Shoes: 6' 10.25" Weight: 232 Wingspan: 7' 1.5" Standing Reach: 9' 0" Body Fat: 6.0% Stand Vertical: 31.0" Max Vertical: 35.0" Bench Press: 11 reps Lane Agility: 12.23 sec. 3/4 Court Sprint: 3.30 sec.

T-Rob
    [​IMG]

Rob's stronger, faster, longer, and can jump higher. Hill is 1.5" taller

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Hill was always kinda slow mentally

5. jocar

jocar Member

One scout told me of Kansas forward Thomas Robinson, “If he were 6-10, he would challenge Anthony Davis as the top pick.”

http://www.oregonlive.com/nba/index.ssf/2012/06/2012_nba_draft_combine_measure.html

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

he kind of started out playing very late

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Whether these two compare well or not, I think our Jordan Hill experience is a good cautionary tale. A lot of people (including me) are excited about getting Robinson and discounting the struggles he's had so far because he played in dysfunctional Sacramento. But, it might not be the Kings' fault in the end, and Robinson, like Hill, might never pan out as we hope. Then the coup that this looks like today won't be much of a coup. It'll be more like we gave up an important frontcourt player and went small down the stretch run to the playoffs for a bag of magic beans. I'm hopeful Robinson turns out to be awesome, but I have to remind myself to not get ahead of myself. This could be Hill/T-Will/Flynn/Thabeet all over again.

8. MostLoyalFan

MostLoyalFan Member

yeah.. looks like you just watched the draft breakdown video they posted the night of the trade and regurgitated everything it said. great original thinking, though!

[​IMG]

9. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Jordan Hill is flat footed , no skills

10. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Exactly. They like Hill in LA. As for his slow development here, remember, he hadn't been playing BBall his whole life.

Having said that, I expect TRob to be much better than Hill.

11. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Jordan hill reminds me of a big duck trying to play basketball.

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

I've been following T-Rob since before the draft, but nice try, man. Also, what does your comment have to do with comparing Robinson and Hill?

Also, do you really want to get into a GIF battle with me? Here's a hint:

[​IMG]

13. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

HiLLarious.

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Hill is turning into an okay player. Robinson has some of the same issues as far as being raw. Hill was never the energy guy Robinson is.

Hopefully, he can pick up defensive assignments quicker.

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I disagree with the former - - a #8 should be pretty solid.
    I agree to the latter but will add: a BBIQ.

N-O-T fair to TRob to compare to Hill.

16. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

All I gotta say is motor. That's what seperates Jordan Hill from Thomas Robinson.

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

I just meant that there have been a lot worse #8 picks than Jordan Hill. At least he is a player who belongs in an NBA rotation, maybe even on a good team. Lots of #8 picks are actually total busts

18. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I find it tough to stay reasonable when Morey seems so excited about the guy.

Compared to Hill, Robinson already has a better motor, which, combined with his rebounding prowess and athleticism, make for a higher floor than Hill, who has been doing alright in LA.

19. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

Hill has been pretty solid with the Lakers.

20. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Not going to act like I know what's up here. I dont watch the Kings play, nor did I follow Kansas last year (or college basketball in general). I will say this though, from what I have seen in highlights and read on boxscores, T Rob is promising (highlights) but needs A LOT of work to better understand the proper way to play the game (boxscores, TOs). Since Harden and Lin will be primary ball handlers (same reasoning why I think J Smoove should come to town as some have pointed out) TRob can be properly lead on the floor as well as a great mentor in Kevin McHale to help develop his game.

All in all, I believe this was a great move going forward for the Rockets. We have filled our biggest weakness that EVERYONE complained about with a young talented PF of T Rob. As to how T Ro will play with us, only time (playtime and practice time) will tell.