1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard throwing up Houston "H" during All Star introduction

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BeardsOnParade, Feb 17, 2013.

1. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

What people forget is that Howard was a total model citizen for like 6 years in Orlando..... He loved it there for a long time and yes it did crumble in the end, but you could tell he wanted to be loyal... He even re-signed after he opted out or w/e... I might have that wrong but I know he came back for one more season even after he could have bolted... I think in a situation where he's happy, and he wants to go to you could see a much different Dwight Howard than we've seen towards the end in Orlando and now in LA... Don't forget he never even wanted to go to LA... Houston looks like a really good fit for both him and the Rockets, and I think he's without question worth taking the risk on...

2. mario_v

mario_v Member

I find it funny that if Howard was throwing up a "Brooklyn" hand sign, ESPN would be all over this nonstop. Imagine the headlines. "Howard throws up Brooklyn 'B' during all star intro. Howard to Brooklyn still possible?"

Of course, we dont even hear a peep from espn because they dont care about houston. Clearly, ESPN is biased and wishes to see howard in brooklyn.

3. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

Stop.

4. mario_v

mario_v Member

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Hahahaha no!!! KD is my favorite player but there is no way he leaves OKC... He is loyal, he wants to be a legend there.

6. Nook

Nook Member

#1 Howard was not a model citizen in Orlando, he got in trouble but the Magic protected him. If you do not believe me, do a google search.

#2 Howard let his option be picked up for financial reasons. If he wanted to be loyal he would still be in Orlando. Hell the ownership went as far as to sign the players Howard wanted and even fired VanGundy.

#3 He did want to go to LA, there was a story in the last few weeks stating that Howard gave his blessing to the trade to LA.

#4 The Rockets have a chance (although it is a small one) based on the comments out of the Howard camp today that Howard will go to where he has the best chance to win. Houston certainly gives him that chance. Having said that I don't think Howard lets $30,000,000 in guaranteed money go to waste.

#5 a healthy Howard signed as a free agent would catapult the Rockets into the top 3-4 teams in the NBA. No doubt Asik would be moved for a PF.

7. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

woosh....

8. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

If we could accquire howard for nothing but cap space...everything that happened that felt like we were getting screwed would be an almost unbelievable blessing.

Strike out on bosh, on dwill, on pau...and finally on howard.....Harden falls in our lap then we still get howard without having to trade anything???

very rarely do teams get to sign franchise players as free agents without trades....

We then could still make a trade offer for either Sand T or trade straight up for a PF like smith, love or milsap.

If next year we roll out with....

Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    Smith or Milsap
    Howard

that would be absolutely insane.

9. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Yes that would be, but the question is: Will we be able to watch it??

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

It doesn't really "cost" Howard $30 million to sign with the Rockets as a FA, does it?

Sure he doesn't get the 7.5% raises (only 4.5%) or the 5th year, but its not like he would retire after the 4th year. He would be taking the risk that he could have a career ending injury (Yao), but its certainly not a forgone conclusion that would happen.

I really don't think there's much of a chance he passes up the guarenteed money, but we can always hope. Obviously Morey still thinks there's a chance.

11. Arthurprescott2

Let's think for a moment what it would take for Dwight to be fully healthy:

First - surgery for torn labrum which won't happen until May/June - recovery time is usually about 5-6 months for the average player.

Second - rehabbing his currently 75-80% healthy back - I assume this can be rehabbed concurrently with his shoulder. Who knows if it ever becomes 100% since no one can name ONE player who has recovered 100% from back surgery.

Just food for thought for the people saying Dwight has all summer to learn post-moves or what not.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

His options would be to take the larger guaranteed amount and waste what's left of your prime on a rebuilding Lakers squad or to take slightly less and be on a contender immediately. I think it's an easy choice.

13. woodtee

woodtee Member

Maybe it's an "H" for Howard!

14. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Howard is still averaging 16 points, 12 Rebs and more than 2 blocks in his "down" and injury riddled season. Even that is probably max worthy. Now if you put him in a situation that better suits his skill set and play some plays for him and most importantly make him feel comfortable, he should easily be able to get the points up to 20 whil averaging 12-13 Rebs and 2 blocks. Now that's worth more than the max.

If we have any chance to sign him and he doesn't reinjure anything serious we have to do it. A player like him is what we need to become a top 5 team in the league.

I still don't think we will have a chance, but I am puzzled by all the negativity in this thread...

15. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Howard's interviews as of late are extermely awkward. For instance, That sideline interview Craig Sager did with him last night. Super awkward and weird. DHO just seemed like he didnt want to be in the interview (he wasn't looking at the camera or Craig Sager) not to mention no one understood what he was sayin at all.

16. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

Putting superstar all together doesnt mean anything

Kobe
    Nash
    Howard
    Gasol
    MWP

Does this mean anything to you?

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it means that 4 AARP members and an injured center don't make for a good team. What does that have to do with a lineup of

Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    Smith or Milsap
    Howard

18. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

It will fall

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Explain why you think that.

20. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

Just watch the LAL game. Howard ask for the ball every pick and
    even when he was double guarded. If he did not get the ball, he was pissed
    and do no defense when rotation. He is a man of problem.
    Just listen to what Nash said.