1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All-Star Weekend Experience (Photos and/or Comments) -- (Thurs) 2/14 -- (Sun) 2/17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketFan, Feb 15, 2013.

1. thaidizzle

thaidizzle Member

it really depends. from my understanding, if you bought your ticket for lets say 1-2. that means that you and him will have that time frame within that one hour to get in. they might let him in if he arrives later.

2. bball7

bball7 Contributing Member

Not mine, but I thought the tweet was funny.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>.@<a href="https://twitter.com/carmeloanthony">carmeloanthony</a> Jr. is playing LOCKDOWN DEFENSE on his <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23NBAAllStar">#NBAAllStar</a> babysitter, @<a href="https://twitter.com/jlin7">jlin7</a>. <a href="http://t.co/1ehEgX7D" title="http://twitter.com/SportsNation/status/303208925673697280/photo/1">twitter.com/SportsNation/s…</a></p>&mdash; SportsNation (@SportsNation) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsNation/status/303208925673697280">February 17, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I was chosen to compete yesterday in the Shooting Stars competition on Center Court. Our team ended up winning and I hit the half court shot! We got a nice price pack with a shirt autographed by the Iceman. I'm no Iceman fan, since I never watched him play, but I know my dad was excited so I gave the shirt to him.

4. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

But I thought Melo hated Lin?

You mean to tell me it was all sensationalized bs? :p

5. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Actually Melo does dislike Lin. But that doesn't mean his kid feels the same way.

6. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Pretty sure Melo doesn't dislike Lin. He may not like the contract Lin got, but that doesn't mean he dislikes Lin as a person. If you think a kid has more say in who gets to babysit him than his parents, you're quite wrong.

7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Yeah, he just leaves his kid with Lin because he dislikes him. You LOF's are unreal.

8. hltiki

hltiki Member

Look at Melo Jr. blocking Lin from going to his right.

9. alethios

alethios Member

As usual, the refs won't call it :grin:

10. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Judging from the photos, maybe Melo left his kid with Lin because he didn't like Lin..

"Now son, when you see Jeremy, this is what you do..."

11. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Aaaaaw, Kiyan (Melo's son) misses Jeremy. He seems happy to be with his babysitter.

12. ooox

ooox Member

Right... Because it common that a parent would leave their kid with someone they don't like lmao. Idiots on this board...

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Where's James?!

[​IMG]

There he is.

[​IMG]

#73 J.R., Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not in the picture. Why does the 3rd guy from the right look like a scrub.

Lee

15. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

CONGRATS

16. frazm23

frazm23 Member

Got a chance to go to the Rookie v. Sophomore game and meet a bunch of the players afterwards

Here are some of the pics I took

Jrue Holiday
    [​IMG]

Harrison Barnes
    [​IMG]

Klay Thompson and Bradley Beal
    [​IMG]

Also got a chance to meet Damian Lillard, Kyrie Irving, Kenneth Faried, Dajuan Blair, Paul George and Jerry Stackhouse--all were in a hurry so, unfortunately, I was unable to get pics with them.

1 person likes this.
  17. stefanb

stefanb Member

Yeah that's not Houston's fault. It's the marketers, the NBA's, and the outrageous ticket prices. Plus when you think about it, a lot of people in Houston can't even watch their own team the Rockets play on TV.

The NBA should take this as a sign. If nobody is willing to pay for tickets for some rookie and sophomore game then tickets are too damn expensive!

18. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Wow, the audience sounds so quiet on TV. Houston always seems to underwhelm as far as the audience noise goes.

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

This Ne-Yo **** is astonishingly wack

20. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

It is sorta goofy, they might just be bewildered or confused. Another song before introducing the western all stars??? :mad: