1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All-Star Weekend Experience (Photos and/or Comments) -- (Thurs) 2/14 -- (Sun) 2/17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketFan, Feb 15, 2013.

1. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

I know that there was one thread that was made already but that was for the Houston Rockets Season Ticket Holders (on Wednesday, 2/13), but this is for those that have gone for Thursday - Sunday, that has been open to the public. I went yesterday and wanted to open it to those Rockets fans that want to upload photos that they have taken of them with an athlete, another person or people or of an athlete or just their experiences at All-Star weekend at George R. Brown. Unfortunately I won't be there for Rising Stars or All-Star Saturday Night or the All-Star Game on Sunday.

So whether you have experiences or comments about what you have seen at the Toyota Center during their big-game festivities (Rising Stars/All-Star Saturday Night/All-Star Game) or what you have experienced at the George R. Brown Convention Center, I'm sure all of us (as a Houston Rockets community) would like to see the joy and fun we have all had, being host to All-Star Weekend for the 2012-2013 NBA Season! :)

Share away ClutchFans! :)

#1 RocketFan, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  2. RocketFan

With that being said though, I WILL be going to the pre-game concert on Sunday, feat. Ludacris and Ke$ha, as I won them at the Sprint Kiosk at Jam Session. :)

3. RocketFan

For me, it was my first-ever time attending an NBA Jam Session. Being a Rockets fan for 20+ years, I was like a kid in a candy shop. NBA-type things everywhere! :)

Dressing up with my Rockets attire, I truly felt like I fitted in with the rest of the people that were there attending as well.

Got some autographs, people came up to me to their photos with me, and met up with some NBA players (Cuttino Mobley and Brandon Knight, playing NBA Baller Beats after he was done signing autographs at the Sprint Kiosk).

Also winning a pair of pre-concert tickets on Sunday to see Ludacris and Ke$ha was pretty awesome too! At first, I played slots, only to LOSE, so 4 hours later I came back before leaving the Convention Center and tried my hand at "Word Scramble". I ended up getting the word right and WON a pair! :)

I also won a #RealFan T-Shirt from going H-2-H with a guy on my NBA knowledge of the Boston Celtics, winning 2-0.

All in all, it was a fun fun time! I may post some pictures later on today.

4. RocketFan

Clutch, can we make this thread into a sticky please?

5. RocketFan

Some photos from last night:

[​IMG]

Perhaps you saw me last night roaming around Jam Session! :cool:

6. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

The stupid freaking things I see on Facebook. SMDH, this generation is horrible.

[​IMG]

7. frazm23

frazm23 Member

Not sure if this should be in another trade or not but yesterday, I met LaMarcus Aldridge at Sports Authority and jokingly said, "man, we could really use you down here in Houston! when are you gonna come play for us?!"

LA says, in all seriousness, "mannnnn, i really, really want to come to Houston and play for the Rockets. I really like the direction the team is headed."

I really didn't expect that response from him since he's typically a quiet guy, but wow, he would be a GREAT fit for this team at the 4.

Morey, get er done!!!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Arthurprescott2

:eek: What... *swoon*

9. RocketFan

Where was this? Mann... Yah he sure did score on us like no other in Houston! >_< '' He sure does have his sweet spots on the Toyota Center Court! LOL...

10. pnr

pnr Member

My dream big man. Portland would never do it though unless we gave them Harden. :(

11. RocketFan

Nevah!!! LOL... They will get (instead of Punk'd) Morey'd! :grin::grin::grin:

12. frazm23

frazm23 Member

Lol yeah. This was at Sports Authority on Post Oak last night. I was really surprised by his comment. I know Portland won't do it unless he forces his way out--doesn't seem like the type of guy to do so

Let's cross our fingers and hope it happens b/c you know he definitely loves playing at Toyota Center haha

13. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Thanks a lot man!!! Wow, also didn't expect a guy to say that because many players are probably worried word will get out. Morey should really go after him :D

14. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Lol, so YOUR Rocketfan..... :)

15. RocketFan

Indeed I am... Who may you be? Have you seen me at a game this season or last night perhaps? :cool:

16. Dave2000

You follow me on Twitter :)

17. RocketFan

Oh yeah! That's right! LOL... Sorry a bit groggy... Brain not awake yet. Cool man!

18. RocketFan

For those that are interested, I was messaged an OK to share this on my facebook page but figured it would also be OK if I shared this on ClutchFans Forum as well:

Calling All Rowdies and Rowdy FANS!!!!!

All-Star Weekend has finally kicked off here in our backyard of Houston Texas, and festivities will be staring Friday afternoon and lasting till Sunday night. Budweiser is having a big event going on at Discovery Green and the Red Rowdies are invited. We as the Rowdies are strongly encouraged to be there to help support are sponsors and bring energy to the crowd just like we do at our home of Toyota Center. Budweiser has sent us an itinerary of the different events they’ll be having at Discovery Green and the one we’ll be involved in is the Red Rowdie Romp around the park. If anyone has any new and creative ideas of any All-Star chants we can do while we have the spotlight that would be awesome. Budweiser has a provided a designated location for us to post up and hang out so we could be apart of this once in a life time opportunity. Monkey and I will be setting up early on each day with a Red Rowdie canopy and chairs to relax. We will not be allowed to bring any food or drinks to the festivities because they will have that their to be purchased. We expect all of the Rowdies to be dressed and ready to go just like any home game.

19. Code Red

Code Red Member

They sell food inside the convention center right? Do they allow us to bring food in?

20. Dave2000

yea, they sell food, they won't let u bring food in unless its like for an infant. Prices aren't bad, $5 for pizza, $5 for souvenir fountain drink