1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Jeremy Lin Post-Game Q&A at GS on Asian Heritage Night

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Feb 13, 2013.

1. AVP

AVP Member

It looks like Jlin has fans everywhere but Houston.

2. visible

visible Member

JLin has very attactive voice. Don't know if he is a good singer?

3. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Stupid is what stupid does.

4. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

they really support their hometown boy

5. norcalhussla

norcalhussla Member

seems like it lol

6. Sesshoumara

Sesshoumara Member

I don't think so. Have you listened to the Rockets sing the Dreidel song? Horrible :p

7. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

You be the judge.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oMLhIgoUshI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/J8V9jHShR4w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>>

8. visible

visible Member

That was horrible. mostly out of tone.

9. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Jealous much?

10. CatW2Dogs

CatW2Dogs Member

I was at this game. Jeremy will always be loved by the Bay Area. He did us proud. He wasn't booed when he was introduced, but he was well received. No chants of "overrated" either. He may be booed but it's all within the flow of the game (as did all the Rockets players when shooting FTs) or in fun like the Asian heritage Night. He was not promoting anything, the last time he was on that same court, he was a Warrior. This was a homecoming for him and everyone wanted to welcome him back. The Q & A came with the purchase of the ticket. It's your choice to stay for this or not...a lot choose to stay. Everyone in attendance appreciated the attention Jeremy gave them.

This is the Warriors 14th straight sell out and almost 20K in attendance. I have not seen this stadium this full during the first half of the game, even before. Looked like everyone had the same idea: Watch Jeremy Lin during shoot around. The radio announcers are very happy for him and said that Houston is a very good fit for him. New York is a nice place to burst into the scene but Houston is a better place for him to develop into the PG he can become.

Yes, it seems as if Jeremy Lin has a lot of fans wherever he goes...except Houston?

P.S. They did the same for Yao when he was here. There were asian grandfathers, grandmothers, toddlers, moms, dads etc. At the time I thought..."Why are there so many Asians around me?" I did not know it was asian heritage night.

11. CatW2Dogs

CatW2Dogs Member

I was at this game. Jeremy will always be loved by the Bay Area. He did us proud. He wasn't booed when he was introduced, but he was well received. No chants of "overrated" either. He may be booed but it's all within the flow of the game (as did all the Rockets players when shooting FTs) or in fun like the Asian heritage Night. He was not promoting anything, the last time he was on that same court, he was a Warrior. This was a homecoming for him and everyone wanted to welcome him back. The Q & A came with the purchase of the ticket. It's your choice to stay for this or not...a lot chose to stay. Everyone in attendance appreciated the attention Jeremy gave them.

This is the Warriors 14th straight sell out and almost 20K in attendance. I have not seen this stadium this full during the first half of the game, even before. Looked like everyone had the same idea: Watch Jeremy Lin during shoot around. The radio announcers are very happy for him and said that Houston is a very good fit for him. New York is a nice place to burst into the scene but Houston is a better place for him to develop into the PG he can become.

Yes, it seems as if Jeremy Lin has a lot of fans wherever he goes...except Houston?

P.S. They did the same for Yao when he was here. There were asian grandfathers, grandmothers, toddlers, moms, dads etc. At the time I thought..."Why are there so many Asians around me?" I did not know it was asian heritage night.

12. jocar

jocar Member

We like Jeremy, it's some of his fans that bring all the hate (kind of because of comments like yours!), JEEZ get it straight man!

13. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I don't know what section you were in, but I was actually pretty surprised by the amount of vitriolic booing he got during the FT's. I'm guessing people were making it a point to boo him extra loud to overshadow all the Lin fans in attendance. And I heard plenty of 'F you, pu---!!!' after a few of the fouls he drew on Steph lol. Also, I'd say at least 75% of my section was Asian, and that's a low estimate.

14. CatW2Dogs

CatW2Dogs Member

I was at 110. I don't know, I didn't hear any FUs on the Lower Level. Someone was heckling but he needs to learn how to heckle better. He was just annoying. All of the Rockets players were booed during FTs and then yayed just as loud for every made one.

15. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

Have you been to a game in Houston? because I've been to many this season. Lin has plenty of fans in Houston. That's an ignorant statement to say.

16. CatW2Dogs

CatW2Dogs Member

Did you all see the question mark?????? I just read that from above see statement from AVP. It's more of a question not a statement. Get it right!

17. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Great point! LOL