1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Jeremy Lin POSTER SLAM vs. Kings!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 10, 2013.

1. VanityHalfBlack

It's much much more complicated than that...

2. Anxiety Trooper

Keep it out of the GARM.

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Create a thread for it then. This thread is about a Jeremy Lin dunk. Not a self pity thread

4. seven7seven

seven7seven Member

When some posters are making obviously racist posts, we should just let it go?

I love how some non-Asians get so antsy when Asians make any attempt to stick up for themselves. It's like, we know we can't be racist towards other races but let us keep our right to be racist towards Asians. If people don't make racist comments, then we won't reply to them.

1 person likes this.
  5. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Just stop this self-loathing. Stop feeling like a victim. Here you are complaining about the stereotype of Asians even though you displaying it to a tee - passive, meek, acting like a victim.

1 person likes this.
  6. seven7seven

seven7seven Member

No, the typical Asian wouldn't say a thing. You make no sense at all. I'm just annoying you because I'm making some kind of comment at all. Sorry for infringing on your Asian racism freepass.

7. VanityHalfBlack

Everyone Chill!!!!!

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Well....yea! Its a freaking anonymous message board. If you're going to waste time and reply to every negative comment you see on the Internet, THE INTERNET (have you seen what goes on there) your head will explode. Why stress over text? Save your energy.

9. Sesshoumara

Sesshoumara Member

You could say that it's off-topic and doesn't belong in the GARM, but how is pointing out that you were bullied due to your race "acting like a victim"? Instead of sweeping racism under the rug, or pretend it doesn't exist, some ppl are confronting it straight-on by saying "yes racism still exist" and "we still need to do better as a society".

But back on topic, I hope Jeremy limits his dunking to preserve his health and shock us from time to time ;)

10. holly1985

holly1985 Member

Everyone move to nyc! Hispanic, indian, asian and black people everywhere.
    Most white people you saw on the street in Manhattan are tourists from Europe:grin:

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good dunk by Lin

12. Cynops

Cynops Member

Yeah I'd like it as a nice surprise once in a while.

13. VanityHalfBlack

NYC, one day I will visit but Houston is not bad.. It's a melting pot of different ethnicity too, the only difference is you need to know when to give out a Southern hospitality ass whoopin cause let me tell you, some folk down here need it every once in awhile..

14. MonKing

MonKing Member

I disagree. JLin should be feeling a boost of confidence after that rim-rattling dunk, and the positive side of fouling out will be that he'll have extra energy for tonight. With Harden at less than %100 he knows he needs to step it up and I'm sure the rest of the team will be up for this re-match as well. This should be a good game.

(This is a basketball forum, right?) :)

15. seven7seven

seven7seven Member

Yeah, of course mate (I'm British so forgive me :D )

Never wanted it to turn into some racism debate but some people think they can say whatever they like and nobody has the right to pick them up on unacceptable behaviour. Funny how some people think sticking up for yourself makes you self-pitying and self-loathing, quite the opposite in my opinion.

Oh yeah, great dunk by Jeremy ;)

16. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Because crying racism is a cop out. People call out racism because they believe their turd doesn't stink and that prevents them from fixing their own individual problem in the first place.

Imagine if Lin cried racism after the NBA GMs decided not to draft him. Do you think he would try to relentlessly improve his jumpshot, dribbling, playmaking, etc.? No, of course not.

After Lin went undrafted, he said that it's not the GMs who are racist, but it's me not being good enough to play in the NBA. That forced him to improve his basketball skills everyday, rather than believing he was good enough and that people weren't giving him a chance.

17. figment

figment Member

I....don't think you're talking about the same thing as some of the others are. Nobody is saying that racism is 'zomg the reason for all bad things that ever happens to minorities EVARR!'. People are referring to actual, blatant racism.

What is a black person's "individual problem" that he's supposed to "fix" if someone calls him a N-----? This isn't Dungeons & Dragons, you can't re-roll to be born as a white guy.

18. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Now we gotta listen to ppls life stories just because of this one so called racist post which the poster has already clarified.

19. SunsRocketsfan

this thread was an awesome thread because of a great play by Lin but now it has gone full r****d... complaining about racism and self pity.. please just stop..

20. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Back on topic, I was more impressed with Lin's speed than the actual dunk. And wow he took off a lot farther from the basket than I expected. Hopefully this puts to rest all the "Lin's knees aren't 100%" comments.