1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Iman Shumpert

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yao4REAL, Feb 10, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

2. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

The Knicks so far have shown no eagerness to seriously entertain trading Shumpert, as the front offices remains high on him.

3. ahhh

ahhh Member

How about just "He's a hell of a player."

He's a fan favorite with high potential, so the Knicks are definitely going to trade him LOL. If we can get him for donuts then do it. He'd actually complement Harden very well, since we don't need him to playmake or contribute much on offense. but he would probably cost a lot and teams are going to overpay for him.

4. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=233546

No offense to anyone, but this is a typical case of the media/NY fans having an enormous effect on your opinion. Shumpert is decent, but he's no more than a glorified (slightly taller) Norris Cole. And not just based on hair. Someone please tell me I'm wrong.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Iman?

No, man.

#5 Mr. Clutch, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

You really believe Shumpert is anything special? I've noticed that die-hard fans of the sport always believe that some fringe level player is a 'star in waiting'... but it rarely if ever pans out. Shumpert is NOT that guy. Do you think he can ever be better than the 5th best player on a championship team? If that?

7. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

He's a homeless man's version of Latrell Sprewell. C'Mon Man.

8. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Why would we trade for another guard? We need LMA or Love

9. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

He reminds me of Vernon Maxwell a lot with great perimeter defense and bad shot selection and all.

10. recboil

recboil Member

he has a poor shot and weak handles. better on the defensive end but never the same since recovering from his torn ACL.

11. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Is he REALLY that much better than TD??? Be real. Have any of you actually WATCHED him play??? If so, you are seeing something I'm clearly not.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Definitely not better than Tim Duncan.

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

hasnt proven to be a decent 3pt shooter when healthy. he wouldnt work with the system well

14. Witchdoc

Witchdoc Member

Agreed. Decent prospect but without a 3 point shot he just doesnt work with the Rockets system.

15. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

16. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Turrible, unproven and coming back from serious injury.

17. Mitchnasty

Mitchnasty New Member

I believe Shumpert is a player that can help any team. But for the Rockets I think he could make the perfect back up to Lin, as long as he can hit an open 3.

The Rockets need someone who can hit the 3 consistently, play solid defense, and play unselfish. I like Douglas but i would rather have shumpert as a back up better for this team, as an offense juggernaut we need some defense and he could end up being the best in the league.

Just think if we acquired him. In 2 years we could have the best guard defender in the NBA, and assuming Harden becomes what we all expect, the best offensive player at the guard position. With Hardens passing ability and if Beverley's 3pt% of 38% this season holds then we could have a dominant duo to play for years to come. If Lin's 3pt percentage stays like it has recently then he starts and we in turn have one of the best backcourt rotations in the NBA.

18. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Bingo. Finally someone without the 'hipster-nba-fan' glasses on. Sheesh.

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

He's a poor man's Toney Allen. All defense no offense. The Knicks love him because he's their only perimeter player who can actually stand in front of someone. And because fans always pine for that injured player for what he can "potentially" do, rather than what he actually is.

Oh, and the Knicks aren't trading him.

20. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Knicks fans love him because he's young, brash, runs his mouth, appears to hustly on D, and has a flat top. Also freestyle raps.