1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone ever been a doorman/bouncer?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jan 30, 2013.

Tags:
  1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

What kind of people go there?

2. Classic

Classic Member

I was out last night. Didn't make it by tsunami tho. People watching central tho.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It sounds like the key to be a doorman is to take zero bull.

4. Classic

Classic Member

Actually, surprisingly a lot of family & old people reliving their youth. Seemed well controlled. I got started early & wasn't out too late but pretty harmless fun.

5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

the key to be a doorman is to take the biggest guy in the world, shatter his knee and he'll drop like a stone.

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Mark Gras- its a mix of everyone. Sportos, motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, dickheads....Kind of a microcosm of Houston. Not a lot of thugs because there's a gate charge to get in to the strand area.

Tsunami Bar during Mardi Gras is an overflow of the crowd earlier on, then it fills up with people in their 20s and 30s after 9, every different race, just normal people. Tons of pretty girls. I'd say it's a 50/50 mix of men and women. No thugs, no gang ****.

It's a cool Tequila bar, and they serve other liquor and beer. Really laid back staff.

Classic, if you're around, swing by and say hi.

#46 Xerobull, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. Classic

Classic Member

Hittin bloody Mary's at Jimmy's on the seawall right now, not headed back to strand but thanks for the invite. Have fun!

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

~whoosh~

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Awkward gritty approach works for Omer Asik, whatever's effective

I rambled, but I did NOT MEAN to say I was actually a GOOD doorguy :eek: I didnt do it that long. And I only did it in a small lowkey place that didnt charge cover. And it wasnt in a strip of many nightspots where people go hopping in and out.

Neighborhood bar doorman and Club bouncing with cover are different. I get a lot of my "Holiday Express expertise" from knowing people who do it as their main living. I might do it again later in a couple months though (I'm in the west coast)

Nice that you enjoyed it some. Its a headache dealing with a-holes of all kinds. Though being in vicinity of loosened up women just seems to make things a bit more bearable.

And I seemed to see the same thing in who walks away with the chicks, that experience can trump style. And you still have to have SOME kind of "game" more than just MMA stylings. Yeah youthful appearance generally counts most, but kinda encouraging to see that older gents can get some work done. (Helps to have some money and stability do the talking). Knowing all that, I still suck ass with women so whatever. But I still call it like I see it.