1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 2/8/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 7, 2013.

1. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Also, Lunar New Years is basically like Asian Thanksgiving. So if anything, they would have even more time to post since it's a national holiday.

Of course, you're assuming that his fans are all native Asian.

2. nickg

nickg Member

To be fair,they signed Lin to that contract expecting him to play a much bigger role on the team, most likely in a role similar to harden's. Also have to take that into account.

3. PeppermintCandy

Not stir things up but maybe a bit tongue in cheek. Though I don't think it's a shock to say that a lot of (but not all) his fans, and especially the ones who have been aggressive in his defense on this board, have been Asian. And as it is the Lunar New Year holidays, it would be natural for many of these fans to skip visiting this board this weekend.

Whatever the reason, I can't lie. I like the balance of topics and opinions on the game thread tonight.

4. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

LOL, good job. But I doubt you will not talk **** next when the team runs into ground.:grin:

5. PeppermintCandy

No, I don't assume that at all. But there were a handful who are, though I won't name names, and they seem to have taken a break for this game.

But now I'm derailing a great feel-good thread after a dominating performance. So enough about this. :p

6. lwlee

lwlee Member

dude, he clearly was talking about SHOTS ATTEMPTED. Look at the Harden reference.

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

He was talking about the FGA... Wow, fail...... Wow...Wow... Whoa....

8. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

Matt Bullard is silly.

9. nickg

nickg Member

I don't see the point in these types of posts. Comparing cp3 and Lin is pointless. Cp3 is their first option and has the ball in his hands and runs the offense. Harden does that for us. Lin, on this team, is maybe a second option and used more as a spot up shooter than a pg like Paul. Probably need to lower your expectations, they aren't going to take the ball from harden and give it to Lin. Expecting him to perform on a level similar to other starting pgs is setting yourself up for disappointment.

10. Roboman

Roboman Member

lol, you guys are a tad bit late, she already said she got it earlier. Moving on, I say we sign Yao to be a spectator in the stands at every game. He seems to be bringing us luck :grin:

11. Bball_4life

Bball_4life Member

I said that only because someone said he should play more minutes and Lin should play less. In fact someone said in another game Beverly should start, lol.

My point was he didn't play good enough to get more minutes - we didn't lose the lead because our starters done well. In non blowout games we need all our best players on the floor most of the time. It's fine if you have less expectation for Beverly - nothing wrong with that - since he is a backup; but less expectation doesn't mean he actually done well in today's game in terms of a starter's standard. Therefore; he should not be getting minutes close to a starter, in this case Lin.

12. Arthurprescott2

This game showed us once again why LMA would be amazing on this team. Instant title contenders with LMA. 1 year of growth defensively and 1-2 productive bench guys - this team becomes a title contender w/ LMA. His jumper is automatic.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yea, the dude fits into exactly what we need its ridiculous. Like finding the perfect puzzle piece. No way portland ever gives him up though.

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

15. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Jazz lost! woo!!

16. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Any news on TD

17. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

Holy *** y'all are annoying, if you would read the last page you would know I already got it cleared up, so why don't you take a seat and stfu

18. ahhh

ahhh Member

TONEY DOUGLAS

(On how his hip feels) “It’s really sore. It’s swollen right now, my hip area. I will go day-by-day and come in the morning for treatment.”

(On how he got injured) “I dribbled the ball off to James (Harden) and Wesley Matthews elbow got me real (bad).”

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No, keep cap room for Lebron.

20. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

To be fair, they signed Lin to a 8mil per year contract, and you are saying the team expects him to play like a max player.