1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Not EVERYBODY profited of LeBron

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by A-Train, Feb 21, 2003.

1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

2. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

I do not know, but I am sure there has been a Lebron thread before, and I do not want to anger Clutch, so I will make my LeBron statement here.

More than anyone, LeBron has benefited from all this hype. Some may say he has been taken advantage of, but how is that when he is the one who in the next 5 months (hell, already with the Gucci suits and the Hummer) will benefit from that hype more than anyone.

To compare apples to apples do this. He will be the first pick in the draft, salaries are slotted, so he will make about the same in salary, but find out what his shoe contract is going to be worth and other endorsements that he will have in his first year, and compare it to Kwame Brown, and tell me who benefited the most from all the hype.

...and just for the record, that guy has not once complained about being "taken advantage of," quite the contrary, he seems to soak it all up in it. He is either is:
    a) just like any kid that age who would get that type of attention
    or
    b) he is smart enough to know this all means more money in his pocket (I think it’s ‘a’)

3. drapg

drapg Member

Plus the guy has a closet full of throwback jerseys. Unless he bought them 10 years ago (like I did), they are damn expensive now.

It feels good to know I was part of a trend before it became trendy.

I bought throwback football jerseys for $20 in the early 1990s.

Namath, Brown, Simpson, etc. People thought I was nuts for sporting them around town.

If they could only see me now. Ahh, the money I saved!

4. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Slightly off topic...but since we're discussing jerseys, has anyone found a Reebok TTT jersey yet? I need to score one...still looking for Polk High #33 as well.

5. drapg

drapg Member

6. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

SWEET!!! Thanks!!!

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Sweet! Polk High!! Let us know if you find one, I'd like one of those too...

8. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I have a closet full of throw back t-shirts. I keep hanging them up and my wife keeps throwing them back into the garbage.