1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 2/8/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Karolik

Karolik Member

This game is kinda important. Just a little bit...And can we see Jeremy Lin outplay no defense Lillard for once?

2. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Lin & Jeffries were planning a deep sea fighing trip last off-season. I guess it was cancelled due to his rehabbing, training, RFA and Asian trip. I hope they do it this off season. Both of the love fishing.

3. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

I get Lin and JJ are friends and JJ was a terrific glue guy during linsanity... But jeez JLin, you couldn't be working on your shot instead of going golfing today?? This is sorta a big game and the last time you faced Portland, coaches benched you in the OT for ineffectiveness... what was that? Really? He was going for a triple double in that game?? So you're saying that was another game we should've won if it weren't for the coaching??

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Lin partied with Curry and Lee before GSW game = Rockets blowout. Lin golfing with Jeffries should have a similar effect.

5. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Blow them out.

6. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

yeah time for a nice little blowout win....like ones vs gsw or utah...

7. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

We get the W.

8. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

9. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

is this the first really big game of the season? i dont care if we lose to miami...but we HAVE to beat the fringe playoff teams out west

10. Witchdoc

Witchdoc Member

JLin, why you go putt in golf? Why you no put in study?

11. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Second page! :)

My prediction: Rockets 102, Blazers 94

12. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

You ever heard the stories of all them Japanese people coming from Japan or some other Asian players coming from somewhere into the MLB. Apparently they have such high work ethics that they over do it, and instead get injured easier.

I can see it with Lin and any other NBA player. You got to rest and relax once in a while.

13. Entropy

Entropy Member

Auto-loss. Blazers are too clutch.

14. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Let's see how Lin plays tomorrow. Maybe, when he goes out with friends on the opposing team the day before, he's more relaxed for the game.

15. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

This is a must win for the Rockets, Blazers are barely hanging with the Rockets in the standings.

16. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Batum has been struggling as of late with that nagging wrist injury. Hope he continues that trend. Either way, i see us winning this game. We just have to.

17. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

I think what it may be is that they want those opposing players not to pick on him during the game... He acts all "buddy buddy" with them and then he lights them up the day of the game. He then says after the game to those players: "Hey, nothing personal right? It's just business... Hey to make up for it, first round is on me!" Opposing player(s): YAY!!! OK, man... all is forgiven! :cool:

It would be SO funny if it went down like that! :grin:

18. milkoholic17

milkoholic17 Member

Huge game. I would not classify this as a must win. But it's at a level below must win.

19. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Athletes need rest. You can't be in the gym all day during the season. If he's standing there pounding jumpers he will have no legs during the game.

20. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Batum has been haunting my nightmares for weeks, I really really need rockets to beat them. just for my own mental health and well being. :mad: