1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 1/30/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2013.

1. wukong

wukong Member

McHale**

2. Nook

Nook Member

Is Dave bumping those headlines? Did Dave start those threads?

I didn't think so......

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I got banned about 6-7 yrs ago and tried to donate to the tip jar and Dave said he wouldn't take my money till a bit more time passed. I can tell you for a fact that money is on the bottom of his list of things, you relaly should watch what you say.

4. wukong

wukong Member

never said he did... but it ain't exactly hurting him for the LOF LOH flame war to continue. If he thought it was hurting his site he could moderate it with a heavy hand and take out ALL the trolling posts and flame war crap. He doesn't. It is his site to do with whatever he wants. Have it be controversial or have it be tame and cerebral. his site his choice.

IMHO The old time Rocket fans need to stay out of the flame wars. continue to post great analysis of the players, coaches, games, opponents.. etc. don't take the bait.

5. LoLin

LoLin Member

Parsons and Delfino should not be handling the ball duty, and to some extend, Harden as well. The ball should be handled by the PG, be it Lin or Beverly and let them control the flow.

I really like Harden playing off the ball, he is extremely efficient that way.

Speaking of McHale, he should've noticed the 12-0 run that closed the 3rd quarter as a sign that whatever spark TD brought had already flamed out. Moreover, he shouldn't be reacting to Karl's small ball lineup, which played right into Denver's hand. Rather, McHale should be playing the Rocket's strength, big man in the middle for defense to stop bleeding in the 4th quarter from the get go.

6. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

This was posted on another board:

"why change your rotation. you just won three straight games. you beat hornets by 18, you beat the nets by 13 and then you bet jazz by 45. why change what was working and winning games. everytime this team start turning a corner, mchale start changing things.why why why why"

How true - another brain fart for McHale

7. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

I think McHale is just trying to find a way to win without Lin and to a lesser extent Asik. That's why he was so pissed after the game.

8. Jedster

Jedster Member

Sigh. And if you read my post in context, you'll know that I was saying that by him complaining about people talking about Lin (the girls b****ing contest), he was being part of the problem.

If you don't understand my post, you don't have to respond for him.

9. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

You are nuts if you think the money coming in is worth the aggravation. I run another (completely unrelated) site, and I can tell you for a fact that handling bickering nincompoops pays well under a dollar an hour relative to the traffic they are "generating". Might be negative returns if you count in the traffic they are driving away.

And then you seriously change the flavor of the site. If the point is to allow people to talk about a basketball team, then saying "but not this player" is stupid. And having to read every freaking post about a player to make sure that it isn't trolling is stupider.

It is a pain in the butt to deal with a sudden large influx of new people. Kudos to the moderator for doing a reasonable job of it.

10. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

McHale's first game back from his extended leave of absence was against Dallas at home. Lin played 18 minutes and Asik 20 and both sat the whole 4th Q even though they were playing well. We lost.

11. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

I actually don't see a lot of censorship by Clutch on this site, to his merit, and that is the way it should be.

12. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

stupid eh?

13. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

LOL, why did David ban you? :grin:

14. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

He was the original LOF 6 7 years ago.:grin:

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

16. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

when yao was with rox, we had same problem. both sides just kept bashing each other.

i don't think Clutch appreciates either side for calling, labeling, or trashing other side on this board.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You realize they went after R2K, who is a MOD.
    Bobby Brown rule goes into effect, he can call noobs noobs, it's his prerogative

18. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

you know now i feel i am dumb. what hell i have to response any post which has nothing to do with rox bball.:mad:

i apologize to Clutch for keeping this nonsense one post longer than it should be. it is my only and last such post. ok, move on.:grin:

19. Roxs

Roxs Member

If Captain Obvious was here, he would say:

"Well, this thread has gone to s***."

If Sean from Psych was here speaking to the thread as Gus:

"Gus, don't be a myopic chihuahua."

If Jack Bauer was here:

"TELL ME WHERE ARE THE LOHs PRETENDING TO BE LOFs"

----------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, this thread really has devolved into childish bickering. Members of all groups, "old members, new members, LOFs, LOHs, MOFs, MOHs, etc, etc" can point fingers all they want but isn't this all just really silly? I mean it's an internet discussion board. Isn't this par for the course? Did you really expect anything different? As someone rational said earlier, just ignore the stupid posts. If you think my post is stupid, ignore it. It's not going to make me care and retorting to an anonymous internet person with an equally stupid post isn't going to change much in your life or theirs.

Boy can the Bobcat game come any sooner?

20. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

Then another war with stupid posts from all parties will have a fresh start.:)