1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 1/30/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2013.

1. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Just curious, Sampson is white right? What racist terms did Lin fans use for Sampson? I have never read anything like that.:confused:

2. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Any mention of "racist" is pretty much a dead giveaway to ignore said person. I don't think their is any racism involved anywhere with anyone in the Rockets organization and on Clutchfans. Now, is there a ridiculous amount of hate for Lin around the league in general? Yes, but it is what it is. There were too many people saying that Lin broke records and was a great player that it didn't sit well with a lot of people as he basically only did well for 1 season, and a partial one at that. But those idiots who claim people to be racist, or those who want Lin to be traded FOR LIN'S SAKE, should not be lumped in together with those who root for the Rocket's but also like Lin's potential and what his style of playing represents.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Yeah they're pretty good at home. Although it should probably 17-4 considering how the NBA apologized and admitted they blew that call against the Pacers last week. I hope all Nuggets games aren't like that because they would get some serious home-cookin'. Their stadiums are always seriously packed though..are they the new Jazz?

4. sw847

sw847 Member

its getting rediculous in the GARM.

I missed most of the game so came into the thread to see what happened and what everyone thought.

WHY DOES IT ALWAYS HAS TO BE ABOUT LIN?????

seems like lin fan boys can't stand any critism to their lover and lin haters see nothing but bad from lin.

i thought this is a sports fan site and not a girls b****ing contest.

5. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Replace "Lin" with "Mchale" ;)

6. Jedster

Jedster Member

You came on wanting to know what everyone was talking about, and people were talking about McHale's mismanagement of rotations (particularly of Lin because he played a stellar game).

If you wanted to know about any particular player, why didn't you just ask? Someone probably would have answered.

By just coming on to complain about Lin, you just added another Lin comment and became part of the 'girls b****ing contest' you loath.

:confused:

7. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

In fact, I'm willing to bet most of the people who use the "racist"-term that loosely is really a troll pretending to be a LOF.

I notice that so many people are falling for these trolls.

Please guys, realize that a real Lin fan isn't going to try and antagonize others. The ones that do are the trolls. Don't be tricked.

8. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Sigh. Read his entire post. The context of it is clearly not complaining about lin. Its complaining about ppl who always praise him or always critcize him.

9. wukong

wukong Member

The man can say whatever he wants but by no means do I feel sorry for him... you mention he has spent his own $$$ money Really??? Have you not noticed the add banners on this site? The more views the more ads the more money in the man's pocket. He is not paying for this out of his pocket. The more bickering, the more controversy, and flame wars that happen the better for him. This all jacks up views. It is the reason Bleacher Report posts a controversial headline with Lin in it almost daily. They get paid by the views on the page.

This fact must be remembered when reading anything online. Flame wars drive traffic to their site. Not saying Clutch is doing that on purpose but it does happen... and in fact his site is not hurting b/c of the LOF/LOH war.

10. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

With so many pages of b****ing (expected with a loss), I cannot find Shuh's post-game commentary... I wonder if he had posted any...

11. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

The ads are a very recent addition....he paid out of pocket for the bandwidth on this site for YEARS.

I can tell both you and that other guy arguing with me about this that Clutch would rather all the bickering stop right now, ad revenue be damned.

Thats one of the things you noobs just dont get, this isnt a normal message board....or at least it wasnt till all the Lin fanbois showed up.

1 person likes this.
  13. wukong

wukong Member

Then all you 'old farts' ( you call me noob I gotta call you something :) ) need to ignore the 'noobs' and keep on keeping on with your original mind blowing/altering analysis of the Rockets. Stop entering the flame wars and calling people LOF/LOH use ignore and continue on.

Take a deep breathe and do not respond to the bait. Keep posting only quality posts... the real trolls will leave if they are not getting a response and others might just learn about basketball.

As for the whining crap about poor poor clutch. I think he is doing fine and the ad banners are probably a nice addition to the 'tip jar' :) Too bad I don't feel sorry for him. If this is taking money away from him that is his choice. I hope he enjoys his hobby then. Most hobbies take money out of your pocket.... If it takes time away from his life that he would rather it didn't then again that is his choice. Not something that will garner my sympathy or support.

1 person likes this.
  14. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XO93Edk7xtw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Nook

Nook Member

I am glad that you know so much about Dave and Clutchfans having been a member for less than 30 days. The site was up for years without banners. He has spent many, many, many hours keeping the site up to date and functioning.

Clutchfans is not Bleacher Reports, there are no controversial headlines here.

16. Nook

Nook Member

I have been posting here since clutchfans was the domain. It is without question the best sports message board on the internet. While Dave and I do not always agree politically, he is a great moderator and dedicates a whole lot of time and energy to this site.

17. Nook

Nook Member

Who the hell said to feel bad for Clutch?

I have a better idea, why don't you just go and post elsewhere.

18. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

Easiest way to stop the bickering is to just ban all the "Lin fanbois".

If that's what Clutch wants to do, then that is what it will be. Until then, why don't you just accept the fact that the board is fundamentally changed in composition and just deal with it.

19. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i didn't blame anyone. i just felt it won't work.

20. wukong

wukong Member

no controversial headlines... my a$$. Lin is a joke, fire Mchail... and those are just the recent ones that continually get bumped.

I could care less how many hours he dedicates to the site. like I said his choice and his hobby ( or business) whatever...