1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 1/30/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2013.

1. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

No Iso ball, but he is not as aggressive as normal. If Beard played harder, we won this game, IMO.

2. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Clutch, I know you don't think too highly of Lin (that's fine, that's your right, and he hasn't proven much this year) and that you do not like Lin fans much (well, most don't), but you do realize that the momentum had shifted at that point, and that he was bringing in our starting pg after having sat him too long with a very clear demonstration of his lack of confidence in his starting pg, right? And this is just a couple of games removed from when he benched him the entire 4th quarter in back to back games.

Or do you think Lin was subbed correctly tonight and that people have no reason to gripe about their team's coach's questionable substitution patterns. You do realize that the coaches are not that high on Lin, right? Do you disagree? Forget anything they've said in interviews, just your gut instinct. Your bias against Lin fans has been clear, but considering your role on this site, it's not a comfortable feeling. It's your right, but just saying.

Imo, Lin was substituted back too late as momentum had already shifted. There were many a substitution mistakes, but this was chief among them, that's all.

#2082 raskol, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. OpportunityCost

This has gone too far now. When a Rocket's fan feels that if they say Lin should've been in the game(because it was best for the ROCKETS at that time), they also so have say they're not a "LOF" to prevent attacks. So silly. No offense intended thekad, but this has become really silly.

4. jamesharder

jamesharder Member

SEND LIN TO L.A.....i WANT HIM,THIS IS THE REASON WHY I'M HERE, I DON'T HAVE TOO MUCH TO SAY ABOUT Rockets.Lin is why i join.

5. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

Just accept it... Denver was playing better in this game... They deserved to win..
    Houston was just not good enough in the 4th quarter...

At least McHAle did not bench Lin again late in the 4th.. maybe there is some misjudge in late 3rd when we were slowly losing the lead.. Gallo was hot, that's what helped Denver..

at least, a decent game... terrible 4th Q though..

6. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

LOF going to right against Clutch

7. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

in 1st qt, he did a few ISOs. then in 4th qt and right after he was back, he tried to force the issue with ISO plays coz nugges was catching up and we couldn't score anything. unfortunately, those led to TOs.

8. Roxs

Roxs Member

IMO, McHale made two big coaching sub mistakes.

He allowed TD to play almost 10 straight minutes from 3Q to 4Q, leaving the Roxs with no true PG.

He subbed Delfino for Asik in the 4th and left Asik out for 4 minutes.

Now, I have no problems with TD in spurts. In fact, I think TD is GREAT IN SPURTS. But 10 straight minutes is too long. Judging by all your comments, most of you will agree with me when I say that the offense not just stagnated during this span, but become extremely turnover prone. Hence, the Nugs went on a 17-0 run during this period.

That's the thing that's been killing us during the 7-game losing streak. Consecutive TOs that just drives momentum so far the other way and allows for some insane 17-0 runs.

This was a regression game for the Rockets. I pray that we won't carry this over to the next game.

9. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Yes Denver is faster and bigger but I was hoping for an upset.:grin:

10. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

I really like Harden but when I saw him walking leisurely after he got blocked (if I am not mistaken), I felt deeply disappointed. :(

11. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I am more or less on the other side of the fence regarding Lin with Clutch, but I disagree with calling him out on not liking Lin. Clutch is a member of this site too, and he has the right to like and dislike whomever he wants. Lin is not the first Rocket that Clutch hasn't liked. He's made many posts for and against certain Rocket players for many years. Clutch has done a great job moderating and running one of the best sites on the Internet, which undoubtedly is an expensive and time-consuming endeavor, and he really has the right to run the site as he sees fit. That he dislikes a Rocket or disagrees with any user's opinions on Lin is not cause to criticize his expression of his opinion just because it's his site. I've been on CF for a while now, and I don't remember instances of his stances on certain players affecting his judgement of users or moderating posts fairly.

12. OpportunityCost

LOL!! Awesome! Now this is actually a LOF all of you LOHs. :p

13. muas2010

muas2010 Member

There was a chance in between the 3 and 2 minute marks, that could have possible swing the momemtum for the Rockets:
    1. 1 missed FT by Lin
    2. 1 missed FT by Delfino
    3. Lin layup
    4. Harden layup

Oh...well don't shoot TD down as he played solid getting 2 steals within like 30 seconds. Even when the world is down on the guy he plays with heart. Two days of rest.....and how good can the Bobcats be?:grin:

14. hltiki

hltiki Member

A sad reality

15. Penetrate&Creat

This is McHale we're talking about here my man. He has no idea lol.

16. dazzle116

dazzle116 New Member

Harden was not playing well but it's not like we are not having a chance in this game. We could have won this.

Now I just hope Luis and Goran could beat the Fakers and I could call it a day.

17. Windchime

Windchime Member

I'm probably going to be bashed for this since I'm posting with such a noob account, but I find the whole LOF witch hunt thing getting a tad out of hand? It seems that if anyone says anything good about Lin at all gets tagged as a LOF automatically or something....

Anyhow, I admit I have holes in my bball knowledge, in my uneducated opinion I think the rotation was wack, but it wasn't TD's fault either. Careless turnovers were killing us... getting out of here before I get slaughtered.

18. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Sad part about Lin's mins., He only played 24 min. last game and the next game isnt until Saturday, so against the Nuggets he could have played 36+ min.

19. PopItRockets

PopItRockets Member

Well some good news at least the Lakers lost to the now 16-30 Suns LOL

20. Windchime

Windchime Member

Well, at least Lakers lost. I feel better now.