1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 1/30/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Arthurprescott2

Yup, unless we have a 15 pt lead and even then I'd be wary of leaving it to just TD.

2. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

this is your schedule. it is not mine, not morey, not les, and not....

3. holly1985

holly1985 Member

Everyone is upset because we had the game and we could win. Coach lost the game for us. If it's a blowout or Denver totally outplayed us, I'll be less upset.

4. Akim523

Akim523 Member

This is ridiculous, Tony was pretty decent tonight stop blaming this solely on the rotation, Denver is the better team.

5. Comic Book Nerd

Have we already forgotten what a Hall of Fame legend just said recently?

When he called out McHale?

The offense has to go through Lin with his hands on the ball.

How is that going to happen if he plays significantly less minutes, gets benched prematurely in quarters, and everyone except him is playing PG?? WTF?

6. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

Mchale in the post game called this a "self inflicting loss" damn straight. Jeez freaking jazz won stand lakers might too so this makes it 1000 worse

7. VerbalXpression

???

Do you watch the Rox games at all? I doubt it...What, it took you this game for you to blame the coaching now?? smh

The Rox coaching staff is some of the worst I've seen esp. in how the deliberately go out of their way to stop the "flow" of Lin's game...They have been doing this since Harden's inclusion and the start of the season

8. ooll33

ooll33 Member

IM with u!!!!!!!

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with the stuff about McHale. He did screw us over tonight. I don't wan that, but I hate to see irrational posts like the ones I've quoted. No place on this site for **** like that.

10. PeterDLai

PeterDLai Member

I wish Harden had the energy/motivation to play more like TD on defense but then I think his offense would take a huge hit.

11. New

That seems to be true... We need another legitimate play maker...

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, it is disappointing. But we are playing better as a team right now, bad coaching not withstanding. I liked what I saw for about 3 quarters.

13. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Me too!

14. OpportunityCost

No disrespect meant but this IMO was a coaches loss and we weren't lucky to win that game in Utah. We played team ball, set screens, cut down on ISO ball, played team defense and showed what we are capable of doing when we're playing smart, unselfish basketball, and we could've done it again tonight if that style of play was encouraged in the second half by our coach. I imply that it wasn't because I saw plenty of ISO ball and standing around in the 2nd half. Also J-Lin should've have been in sooner in the second half. He was doing a great job of facilitating in the 1st half.

15. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

Base on the last 4 minutes that I got to saw. Lin was in hustling desperation mode. Seem to me like he was the only one that really want to win that game or overcome the deficit. I think his teammates saw that and passed him the ball almost every possession they could.

Looking at the stats, bad turnovers, and bad subbing lost this game. This team turns the ball over way too much.

16. hltiki

hltiki Member

But no other Rocket would be allowed to have lackadaisical D and that many TO's; and no other player on the team is a max player. But I know, these games will happen to everyone.

17. thekad

thekad Member

The defense on Gallo's threes were fine; he just got lucky. It happens. The defense in the paint though was definitely lackluster which you would expect when you inexplicably sub in Patterson for Asik...

18. New

Yeah... harden and lin are both misused at times... I just feel we should avoid that LOF and LOH stuff.

19. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Because this is winable until coach made a wierd rotation, there is No real PG on thefloor for too long.

20. Danpan

Danpan Member

He doesnt have enough energy because he is playing 40+ minutes a game. Also his D doesnt need to be great just acceptable which it isnt.