1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.net Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 2/19/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. supermagichero

We lose. 99 - 108

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

After that long night last night, very emotionally draining, I hope the Rox can pull it together and beat a team they can beat...

I say Rox 85, Suns 80...

:cool:

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The Rockets are gonna be really tired, but I hope Marbury shows his selfish side and tries to win by himself. I am MUCH more scared of Stoudemire.

5. jamalccc

jamalccc Member

I :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: the Sun of b****es.

6. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

The Suns are going to beat us HARD. They're going to shove the basketball down our throats and have us begging for mercy. The final disentigration of our sorry excuse of a basketball team continues with a humiliating defeat at the hands of the Suns. This team won't even finish at .500, let alone be in the playoffs. With games against Dallas, Memphis, and San Antonio plus a three game east coast road trip, this losing streak should reach ten games before this collection of blind squirrels stumbles upon an acorn...

Suns - 927
    Rockets - 5

Yao Ming, 2-2 from the field with a free throw
    everybody else, 0-75

Francis, 25 turnovers, 0 assists
    Mobley - 15 shot clock violations
    Griffin and Taylor - one rebound each
    Rice - 0 for 25 from three point range.
    Moochie - DNP after getting lost on the way from the locker room to the court

7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Lose.

Suns 109
    Rockets 102

8. lovethisgametoo

LOL......so where will he find himself waking up tomorrow morning?

9. slinslin

slinslin Member

www.ktar.com

You can listen to the Suns radio broadcast.

Suns 107
    Rockets 90

10. GranvilleWaders

There is NO way the Rockets are supposed to win in Phoenix after last nights game!!

That's why they will win 102-94...:confused:

11. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

Lose!!

Any confidence this team had was lost last night. They are to far behind to make a push for the playoffs, and NO WAY the lakers will be sitting there at the 8th spot. They are heading up to the 5-6 spot.

Season is over, unless we make some major changes (by 2pm tomorrow). Then if we do make the move, we have to hope that the trading deadline JINX does not hit us for the worse!

12. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

A-Train, you need to get some professional help ASAP. Meet Jim Beam. :D

This is the game for our boys to show their resolve. I expect them to come out and maul down Suns mercilessly.

Rox 105
    Suns 90

And I finally get a good night's sleep.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wow:eek:

Take a deep breath....hold it........................................now exhale. Grab a bottle of JackD........................finisehed it yet?......feel better?

Man...I hope the rockets win this one. Have been in all their games so far since the break except for the Miami one. The lost the first jazz game when they should have won, won the second...lost to Miami...and now lost a game that they could have won against LA. We should have won it in the 1st OT, though LA should have one it in Regulation.

I can't predict...the rockets are too unpredictable.:(

14. because24

because24 Member

Hopefully the Refs won't take this one from us as well!:mad:

15. ewfd

ewfd Member

I smell blood.

Stephon Marbury breaks sprains his ankle by landing on Yao's foot after one of his "floaters".

Amare takes a Yao elbow in the kisser, broken nose.

Two or three players get ejected.

Rockets win 110-89

16. Franchise3384

Franchise3384 Member

IF We lose tonight we better get on the phones and start listening for offers before tommorow

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Tough game. No question about it. Back to back games are always tough on the road but back to back games against two quality teams fighting with you for a playoff spot and coming off a double overtime loss is REAL tough. We can only hope the Rockets are not physically and mentally drained from the Laker loss.

For the Rockets own mental well being it probably would be wise of them to start off hot tonight and get on a roll and gain some confidence. No need to dig a deep hole to try to climb out of. This includes pounding the ball into Ming like they did in the Laker game. I thought Yao got a decent amount of "touches". The Rockets just need to augment that with better perimeter shooting. Defensively they need to take a step back from Amare and make him shoot jumpshots or go left. Keep Marion and Amare off the boards. And Francis should do his best not to get into a "personal man on man" battle with Marbury. Francis did well with that in the last Suns game. Marbury had the bigger game but Francis didn't press and stayed within the flow of the offense. It paid off in a Rockets victory.

Right now the Suns have 3 players playing well in Marion, Stoudemire and Marbury but have little bench support. The Rockets have 2 in Ming and Francis although Francis looked like hell last night. Someone else for the Rockets (Taylor/Mobley/Rice/Griffin) has to step up and score points.

The Rockets need to play with a sense of "urgency" and "intensity" and not get out of their gameplan of pounding the ball into Yao or Taylor on the blocks no matter what the Suns through at them. Even if the Rockets get behind in the game they have to stick with the gameplan. They did this in the Laker game and that is EXACTLY why they got BACK into the game! Having SOMEONE be an outside threat tonight would do wonders for this team. Can ANYONE hit some jumpshots? (Francis, Mobley, Rice etc)

Chris

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Tired, and heartbroken...

This game begins the death march.

Suns by 12.

DD

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

A-Train, I love it, these Bandwagoner fans are so pathetic. Yao scoring all the points, that is too hillarious.

20. yaozhuxi

yaozhuxi Contributing Member

take a look how YM look at suns? (YM¡¯s Chinese interview with yangyi)
    ¡_
    YY: Rox¡¯s situation is very dangerous now, and you must against suns again.
    YM: Now I am afraid of thinking about playoff position, but today against suns is a must win.
    YY: If suns can make the playoff but not rox, the ROY will belong to amare.
    YM: Actually I don¡¯t care about ROY, but we can not let him show too much of himself. Our player number 33(EG?) still need experience to defend him. I remember I reminded him lots of times to take care of his right side (amare¡¯s charging direction), but he always forgot.
    YY: How about let you help defense him? (amare)
    YM: How can I do that? He is kind of rushing forward. If I have the position first, I have no problem, but if mabury or someone else charges then pass to him, I will fall in foul trouble again. You want to see me be fouled out like yesterday night (against lakers)?
    YY: Is this kind of new striking force new to you?
    YM: I must agree it is. It is totally different from CBA. Last night, when kobe charged me like bullet, I had no way to keep stand.
    ¡_