1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Coaches v lineup

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dachuda86, Jan 20, 2013.

?

Who is the problem? Why are we losing so much?

1. Coaches

76 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. Players (the assets)

11 vote(s)
    8.1%
  3. Both

41 vote(s)
    30.4%
  4. Neither

7 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. teebone21

teebone21 Member

and yes Sampson played everyone who deserved to play no matter how much money they make

2. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

the problem is that which player can create these 3pt shot.

3. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

lol i mean 2pt shots

4. munco

munco Member

Coaching. Even when we were winning they were doing some questionable things.

5. Unstable

Unstable Member

IMHO, both coach and players have to share the blame. Coaching side for not reacting and making adjustments - it is clear to me the other teams have already figured out that rockets have a limited playbook and now already know how to slow the pace down.

Players need to improve on their fitness as well as their shooting ability. It isn't that we aren't getting open looks, it's that we can't seem to put the ball in. Consistency is also something that may take time to build upon. As young players - self-confidence is also an issue to. But shooting, consistency and self-confidence are all things that the players themselves have to make effort to build up (coaches can only give them the opportunity to do so).

We are a young team - for this year1 (as long as we can hold to 0.500 - I think we are okay). I just can't understand why there are so many CFers being impatient with the team - give them some time and opportunity to grow and improve folk! Now if this team is in their 3rd year and still showing this.... that would be a different ball game!

6. cw3k

cw3k Member

I blame coach.

Watching ISO Harden is like watching ISO Melo from last year. When Melo (Harden) had the ball, all other players just stand put. Good for the defending team, no need to run. Stand and catch some breath for fast break.

7. teebone21

teebone21 Member

we shouldn't have to create them we should take them when they are available

8. teebone21

teebone21 Member

this would matter if everyone wasn't on short term deals

9. JerryH

JerryH Member

The coaches are at fault for me. The playbook should expand as the season goes on. Clearly, as stated by others above, the teams will learn by now what are we playing and adjust their diffense. Therefore, we should have new plays and options to add rather than continue pushing the style that does not work.

10. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

Kevin McHale is a nice man and hall of famer, but as a coach: Is he capable of instructing, is he creative, and does he have the ability to think outside the box to beat the opposition under inevitably varying circumstances?

These young players are young, hardworking and ripe for learning, but at times it seems to me that they are having to figure things out on their own. Does this coach have it as his personal and professional mission to teach and inspire these talented and hardworking players achieve greatness or is this just a job to him?

11. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Players players players.

I think that the Harden trade and fastish start made us forget what this team really is. Young and lacking depth. The gig is up.
    This is NBA basketball. Coaches only do so much.

12. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

The shots we take is part of the problem, no mid-range game is killing us which is on the personel and on the coaches. Defense is also part coaching, part the players but the biggest almost dilemma is the refusal to play rookies or more than 9 players consistent minutes. With our back-to-back situation, fatigue is an issue that is all on McHale!