1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trading Lin is better for the Rockets and Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by catch22, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Maybe we can trade Lin for John Wall since LOFs think their messiah is just as good if not better :rolleyes:

2. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

u just jealous . :rolleyes:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Eo02ljYmSTo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would give up Lin and anyone not named Harden for Rajon Rondo, who only makes 11 million a year.

4. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

then trade him. why not? harden can take over pg duty. it has been the case since harden joined the team. why not get a guard who can shoot and better fit with harden? everyone here wants to mold lin into a spot up shooter and demands lin to play off the ball. it sounds really stupid. why just get one who doesn't need to be good PG and just needs to shoot open 3?

5. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

They would die laughing if we offered Lin for Wall.

6. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

And for the record, I still think Lin can be better than Dragic and Lowry, but he's holding himself back. Like a lot of people have already pointed out, he'll show spurts of being a good player and then he'll take the next quarter off by standing in the corner, taking himself out of the play, playing hot potato with the ball.

7. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

rondo will be useless if he has no ball in his hands. rondo is not good at shooting. i would trade lin for a guard who knows how to shoot 3. jason kidd is a good one. he is old but he doesn't need to run the offense since we have harden.

8. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

coz it is harden's team. it's harden time.

9. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Absolutely... And sign that deal in 30 seconds flat.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Random thought-

What does everyone here think about Milwaukee as a potential landing spot for Jeremy Lin in a trade that see's them ship out Jennings to a third team?
    ........................................................................................................

If the Rockets do trade Lin for some crazy reason, its not because they dont like Jeremy Lin, but I personally believe it will be because they value the cap space this Summer to go after free agents to build a contender around Harden.

If they move Lin's contract for an expiring like say... Paul Millsap, they could have close to 26 million in cap space to use in free agency this Summer or to acquire gobs of salary in trade that make better sense for the team to build around Harden & co.

Just food for thought. For the record I DO NOT think the Rockets should be actively looking to dump Lin, but the idea of a trade like this would be very enticing for me if I was Morey, and thought that there would be enough opportunity this Summer to acquire 1 or 2 players that make this team a contender overnight vs. waiting a few years for this team to.... well, figure it out.

11. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Wall has been a beast since returning , even hitting jumpers better than lin

12. teebone21

teebone21 Member

damn this is a good idea, that cap could come in handy next summer when excellent players are availiable.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Uhhh...who in their right mind wouldn't?

Oh yeah....that's right....LOF's...good call.

14. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

One of the biggest problems with the team is Harden playing PG. Do you realize he's one of the league leaders in TO's?

15. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why not let Lin and Harden learn and grow?

Harden initiating the offense on occasion is not taking over PG duties. The coaches simply rely on him for instant offense because, unlike Lin, Harden is a real offensive threat from any spot in the floor. I think relying on one guy without a solid offensive structure/philosophy getting other players open is just lazy. Harden's ability lulled the whole team to deferring to the isolation play. They need to counter the defensive adjustments and get back to basketball.

There seems to be a very narrow definition of point guard limited to dribbling around picks and in circles for 18 seconds leading to a shot or a dump off. There is more to the job and Lin is learning it.

Having any single player dominate the ball every possession is not good for any team, even if that player is Lin.

No one is arguing Lin learn to strictly be a spot up shooter. He just needs to lern how to hit a wide open J. Moreso, folks are asking he learn the trade of the spawn of satan himself, John Stockton, who ran an effective pick and roll but didn't require a million dribbles to be effective.

I don't want to see Lin or Harden or McGrady or Francis dribbling out the clock while the rest of the team stands still or scrambles to no purpose. You know there can be middle ground on this, right? It's not like Harden is the guy oppressing poor Jeremy Lin.

And Rondo would easily wreck shop with this roster. All those transition opportunities Lin, Harden, and Delfino mangle?.... Rondo.

16. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden is right up there with Rondo, Irving, Holiday, Bryant, Westboork, and Durant -- guys whose teams count on them as playmakers and shot creators. It comes with the territory.

Turnovers are a tremendous problem, though. Harden's 0.8 more turnovers per game lead over Lin isn't destroying the team. There are bigger problems with this team.

17. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

Actually it is not a crazy idea to trade Lin if the Rockets decided to retain the current coaches and continue to run the current system, because Lin will not perform well and thus Lin is overpaid as a part time pg and part time sg and it would be in a mutual benefit to trade him.

However, keep in mind that you have cap space and money do not mean elite/superstar players will automatically sign with the Rockets. Other teams will try to pursue as well, e.g. I believe CP3 will join the Knicks if he decided to leave the Clippers (I know the Knocks are over the luxury cap). You really think he will sign with the Rockets as a FA?

just my 2 cents.

18. Sherlockfever

Sherlockfever Rookie

you and your like serve as great re-assurance to me that I can continue to be a lin fan as much as I want.

only on the day when Lin gets unanimous love will I get upset. Sth must have gone wrong.

but now, the world is perfectly balanced with the existence of you and your like, and I can feel free to go all out for lin, thank you

19. adobo

adobo Member

Watched the game again against Minni...i sort of feel sorry for Lin. I dont know what position he is playing, not really a PG, but is forced to be spot up shooting guard. He sometimes allowed to have control of the ball, but it's like the team plan is everyone gets a share of PG duties.Rockets tries too hard to make everyone be the PG. In contrast, Rubio played a true PG. He was the guy that facilitated and setup the wolves offense. This team is so confused right now. Its not even funny.

20. Cazuquel

Cazuquel Member

Lin is the show man of pregames from Houston playing at home or away
    It's money to Houston, the other teams and also NBA
    One of the most popular sportsmen in the world
    Lin will be Houston this season and the next