1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who would you want to be the next head coach if McHale is fired?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houston#1, Jan 19, 2013.

1. nbafever

nbafever Member

Not much is wrong with the offense, except they don't fit the big men we have who suddenly can't do the pnr and have stone hands. Offense is designed to get us baskets at the rim. How many passes were dropped or lay-ups missed?

Without an inside game, we need our 3s to drop, and they have not been dropping unfortunately.

I would fault more McHale's management of Harden's and Parsons' minutes.

And we need more talent.

2. torocan

torocan Member

Well, that and McHale has gone away from the staggering of minutes for Harden and Lin.

In the last 2 games McHale has put Beverly out on the floor without Harden OR Lin initiating the offense. The brief periods where Harden was on the floor or Lin was on the floor by themselves they actually were playing decently and making headway against the point deficit.

Beverly is a serviceable back up point, but really he should be on the floor with Harden or Lin vs running the 2nd unit by himself.

3. RyanB

RyanB Member

Jeff van Gundy or Sloan
    this thread needs a poll

4. diehardNFFL

diehardNFFL Member

Mike Brown.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Um...he'll yeah

6. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

Finch
    Sam Cassel
    Kenny Smith
    All in that order

7. Mikerey

Mikerey Member

My first post; this is my observation. Jeremy Lin needs to play PG - not Harden. Jeremy is very intelligent, and when not challenged, becomes very lazy in his focus. When he is running the offense, the Rockets are most effective.

James Harden is a star SG, a but not a superstar. He should stop going ISO and play team ball. The teams have figured out how to defend him, and the referees are not giving him that many calls. His points will go down. Most of his points were on free throws. Also, JH is not a very good defender; the coaches need to trim his minutes.

Asik is a great rebounder, but seems to lack confidence. This is evident in
    his hesitations. Also, he does not have very good hands. He has tremendous potential, and he will be dominant in time.

Chandler Parsons is good, but sometimes goes too much to Harden; goes ISO mode - sometimes. I noticed, occasionally, he does not pass the ball to Jeremy.

DMo and Patterson are average PFs and can get the job done - but not consistently.

Delfino is one of my favorites: he can be cold or hot, but brings a lot of coolness/wisdom to the team.

Toney Douglas should be the backup PG. Patrick Beverly is good, but does not bring the spark that TD generates. IMHO opinion, TD is a better PG.

In regards to the coaching staff - I am lost. Most of the posters here have expressed the same problems; however, the coaching staff does not get it. I believe there needs to be change. My two cents...

1 person likes this.
  8. GeneValgene

GeneValgene Member

i would love JVG. bring some of that defense swagger back....and just let harden and lin run the offense

9. lakersuck

lakersuck Member

MAKE CLUTCH THE COACH!

He can pick up strategies and plays from the forum lol

10. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

If he was fired I want Finch or Ellie.

11. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

finch. give him a chance to prove he is a big league coach.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Kelvin Sampson-head coach/ JVG-asst.

13. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

14. jocar

jocar Member

15. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

Jeff Van Gundy

16. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

Yao Ming T-Mac asst

17. Mariachi ROCKET

Calvin the Man Murphy!

18. rblaria

rblaria Member

19. zhaizor

zhaizor Member

jeremy lin for coach

20. JerryH

JerryH Member

Nobody from the current coaching staff is capable of achieving more with this roster, after all, they work together and use the strategy of Morey. If we want success we need a new coach and he should be someone who can use Harden, Lyn and Asik better. This offense is very predictable and the players don't trust it anymore. The D is also terrible and he team can't run and score easy baskets.