1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Fringe - The Final Season

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Oct 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Been kind of looking forward to this.
    Just wanna see how they wrap it up.

So far it is been ok.
    Still waiting on Episode 2 to come to hulu.
    Anyone else watching?

Rocket River

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree, the first episode was just OK for me; I was hoping for a more powerful premier. The second episode was solid though.

3. droxford

droxford Member

This is the final season?!

That sucks. They've dramatically changed the story direction for this season. I liked the older seasons better.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

When Peter and Olivia crossed the line, they had to do something. I also think the show lost some of it's edge the last couple of seasons. The overused dual universe angle didn't float my boat.

I've watched half of episode 1. Kind of concerned.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am waiting on the second episode
    I got caught up on Grimm
    Next time I will watch Fringe And Hulu Grimm

Rocket River

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's OK, but honestly seems like a completely different show - it doesn't really have the feel of the rest of the show whe the whol episode slowly builds up to a big reveal at the end. It is much mote action, and much less mystery.

I also hate the way they ended the whole alternate universe thing from last season so completely and abruptly in really just a fraction of a single episode. Seems like the writers just got bored or stuck and wanted a do-over. Of course, this is far from the only show to do such a thing, but it is still anoying.

7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

You need to watch Boardwalk Empire my friend. Start with the beginning. The same goes for Southland, but skip the last season which was just okay because it peaked before that.

As for Fringe, I agree with most here that last season sucked. It sucked so much that I took it off DVR. Well, it started off okay, but really sucked towards the end. So I'm not going to waste my time on this until maybe after everything is done and I can kill all the episodes on a rainy or sick day.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's over. What did you guys think?

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

May I ask a favor? Can first couple of comments be generic about the quality of the show? I have the last 13 episodes on DVR and haven't decided if I'm going to watch them. The radical plot change threw me off and made me stop watching. Need to determine if I should free up memory on the DVR or watch them.

Fringe was my favorite show by a wide margin a couple of years ago.

10. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I stopped mid-season 3... been contemplating finishing up the series, guess I'll wait until it's over.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Personally I felt it was my obligation to finish it out since I had come this far. Probably not what you wanted to hear. I agree that the plot change was sudden but the ride is still fun in the end. The last 13 episodes amount to little more than a glorified treasure hunt, but a treasure hunt in the world of FRINGE!! The acting of John Noble alone makes these last episodes a must watch. Great show and the ending was good enough for me. I loved the Romantic view of the universe FRINGE painted and the idea of everyone and everything needing something or someone to be whole.

Quality of the show is still better than most of the stuff on TV even if the final chapter isn't as great as seasons past. Still the best show on TV no one was watching. So watch it!

1 person likes this.
  12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I agree, I thought the finale delivered a fitting and emotional end to the characters and storylines. Show will be missed in my house.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

+1

Will do. Thanks much!

14. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

wholly agree, really loved the way they closed it, emotionally great, especially the way the bought back weird stuff from the old eps in the finale ;)

sure the show changed somewhat but still one of my favourites and really good that it finished at high level of quality, writing and acting.......

15. stonegate_archer

stonegate_archer Contributing Member

The whole idea of the last season is heavily copied from "The End of Eternity" by Asimov. Even the term Observer is from the book. Overall, the final season is not as fun as some of the earlier seasons.

[Spoiler alert]
    And there is a big plot hole that if the time is reset, then September doesn't exist, no September no Peter and no show.

#15 stonegate_archer, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  16. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

You did the spoiler tag wrong. Anyhow, imo, this season, though radically different, is better than last season, but not as good as other seasons. Oh well, it's still a better show than most out there.