1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 1/19/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 19, 2013.

1. nadman89

nadman89 Member

james anderson got playing time with the spurs in normal games not blowouts ur telling me he cant crack our rotation that does show bad coaching

2. Luca

Luca Member

The coach can try use TD & Beverly at the same time to give Harden & Lin a rest. Harden is tired at the coach still keeps him in the game.

3. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I think some of the affected players, deep inside, are feeling the "treatment" that Lin is going through. Deep inside they are saying this coach is clueless.:grin:

4. nadman89

nadman89 Member

i think we need to trade 2-3 players for 1 good player lets say ppat cole douglas and get a gd pf then u can reallocate minutes to tj donuts james anderson etc

5. Exel

Exel Member

Beverly made his mark tonight. Only three technical fouls committed by the Rockets in this season by players. Mook committed the other 2. Wonder if that puts Douglas ack in the rotation?

6. teebone21

teebone21 Member

1 Luol Deng , 39.8
    2 Kevin Durant , 39.4
    3 Nicolas Batum , 39.0
    4 Kobe Bryant , 38.7
    5 Joakim Noah , 38.5
    6 James Harden , 38.5
    7 * Damian Lillard , 38.4
    8 Joe Johnson , 38.4
    9 LeBron James , 38.4
    10 Stephen Curry , 38.2

Top 10 in minutes per game. Harden being played star player minutes, he just needs to get his conditioning up so he can be effective while on the floor

7. Bill Bradley

Bill Bradley Member

Actually, this is a bad idea. I don't know why the coaching staff has gone back to exclusively playing Lin and Harden together and not staggering them like they did when the team was winning.

8. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

i agree with the thought...but who can we get for those 3 that are any better than what we got? plus i really like douglas off the bench to give a little spark in limited minutes...i have a much better idea

LETS START PLAYING DMO AND JONES!

why draft em if you arent gonna play em? they cant be worse than pat and morris...we got torched tonight by 2 d-leaguers...why not give our d-leaguers a shot? smith worked out well for us why not the other 2?

mchale is willing to play delfino at center but not give these guys any burn outside of garbage time? unbelievable

plus mchale is not getting fired...front office firing a coach the year his daughter dies? not happening...same thing with andy ried for the eagles

we are stuck with him this year

9. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

was thinking the same exact thing man

10. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Oh that guy...he's still one of our players? j/k

11. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

At this point, not many fans here to realize that the coach has done the damage to the degree that it will take some time to undo it. Basically all the players are getting so used to standing around the corners to watch Jame Harden's ISOs that it has become their second nature. Even someone tries to run the normal sets, they just don't respond to it. The biggest mistake they made is removing the normal PG position to let everyone play the PG position in the favor of fast breaks which has turn this team to be one of worst half court basketball team in the league. Now when other teams don't give you all the fast break chances or you are too tired because of playing a long string of tough B2B away from home games, what you got is that hard half court game.
    And all players play one vs one because they don't know how to do it since you don't have much chance to play it since you don't have normal PG in place. Trust me, if they dont make the change soon, more frustrating lose will be on the way.

12. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

It could be worse, we could've kept Dragic & Scola and been in the same position the Suns are at, 13-28.

13. torocan

torocan Member

The sad part is this is what I thought McHale was Going to do when they signed Beverly.

It makes perfect sense to sub Lin out early to play Beverly with Harden, then have Lin play majority minutes with TD on 2nd Unit, then bring Lin and possibly TD in with Harden in the 4th quarter.

Instead, we got Lin AND Harden on the bench, with Beverly running the 2nd unit and TD watching from the 12th man spot.

It makes ZERO sense to me... :eek:

14. neoxyphus

neoxyphus Member

Can we PLEASE get DMo some playing time, he can ball, but has no NBA confidence. Please get him some time at PF next to Morris as SF.

This 8 man rotation is the suck.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The same reason they begin to start Patterson again despite him playing better off the bench.

16. Cazuquel

Cazuquel Member

Promofail
    Want to build your home, Harden sends bricks free for you!

17. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

_ames Harden
    [​IMG]

_eremy Lin
    [​IMG]

Our MVP of today.
    [​IMG]

Bevereleysanity was nice for the 15 minutes it lasted. :(
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

From Geraldd.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CHnuYUbQyrk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Luca

Luca Member

Had Beverly not got into fouls trouble the coach would have kept him play over Lin & over TD. I feel bad for TD, he's a good guy and yes his play making is not great but at least he will knock down some 3 and plays solid defence.

20. rocketlauch

rocketlauch Member

Look above, made some new nicknames for these marksmen