1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 1/19/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 19, 2013.

1. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

the drinking, that is.

2. kozmo

kozmo Member

when harden catches teh ball it stops

3. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Bill and Matt could hardly hide their disgust of today's game, it was pretty funny.

And again something that Matt mentioned when Jeremy had the ball trying to get something going and our guys literally just stood in the same spot for the whole possession. It's so frustrating to watch. They only move off the ball for like the first few possessions and then completely forget or just don't give enough of a damn. :(

4. rocketsmetalspd

Any post game interviews? Can someone upload what Calvin Murphy had to say about this game?

5. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

You should go for it too. Hell, I'm going to Spec's right now.

6. Nook

Nook Member

I think at this point he is trying everything. I understand what you are saying concerning cutting the lead from 11 to 7, but I don't think they were going to win unless Harden or Lin got hot. I just think this team is very much a work in process and not well put together and Morey knows that.

I will never say McHale is a MENSA candidate, he is not terribly creative or an offensive genius. However I think we would be .500% with most coaches.

My issue as we discussed is we could easily be 3-3 the last 6 if McHale had thrown in the white flag and played for the winnable games.

7. adobo

adobo Member

i swear this is true...i had a dream when rockets were on the 5 game winning streak, that Mchale got fired. I didnt know what that was about. I hope this doesnt come true cause i like Mchale. It's just funny because now they are on a 7 game losing streak :confused: Btw, i also had a dream that rockets won the whole thing this season LOL So just ignore me :grin:

8. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Everyone of our players have been coached from High school to the camps to college to the pros. All of them know what a coach is supposed to say & do.

I assume that none have ever met or listened to such an inept coach, so I don't believe that they ever had faith in the coach. McHale gets by on his playing days reputation, and the players 'like' him because hey can basically do what ever they like without the threat of being benched.

What would Popovich do?

9. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Good news is that if Portland, trailing so far, loses tonight's game the Rockets is still tie for 8th spot (Portland tie breaker though). All is not yet...but a 7 game losing streak is still aweful to swallow.

10. muas2010

muas2010 Member

All starters and some bench guys would have been benched?:grin:

11. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

That's not true, Lin got benched if he didn't go to the corner.

12. torocan

torocan Member

The problem is we'll never know. 7 minutes and behind only 7 points anything could have happened.

While the shooting never got great, the defense is WAY better with Douglas in over Harden.

And Harden playing exhausted is a problem. Harden's an all star offensive player, but if he can't generate offense due to fatigue, he becomes worse than having a TD on the floor.

Harden's whole deal is you trade off his lack of defense for his great offensive production. When that is off, he becomes basically a turnover prone, ball stopping defensive vulnerability.

TD isn't a great facilitator, but he plays aggressive defense, is high energy due to minimal minutes, is an okay passer, AND he can make a 3 and drive.

I dunno... there's trying everything, and there's what McHale did. :eek:

13. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Same with me.... I tried not to watch and planned just to look at the scores towards a win. I was actually expecting a win --- well, a little bit, because I am worried that we will still lost. I dont know what's wrong with the team, they can not buy a bucket. then I watch the scores... and OH mY!, so I watched the game... and now I have a broken heart. I am not saying bye-bye to CF... but we lost to BobCats? . . . I dont know if I will watch the Bobcats game... maybe dont check anything until the final scores . . . and then visit CF on what's happened on the game. Shuh and Torocan will give some sort of analysis anyways.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If you insist.

I didn't get to see the game but occasionally checking in on this thread during the game has led to believe it was just more of the same problems from the last few games.

The All Star break can't get here soon enough

15. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

*if we lost to bobcats

16. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

when i saw beverly play i thought

"Awesome, lin and harden play too many minutes and douglas isnt really a PG. Now we can have beverly back up lin and douglas back up harden"

but nope...we still have harden and lin playing too many minutes and now douglas...a guy thats been great off the bench all season...can only crack the rotation if beverly has 5 fould by the 3rd

17. pnr

pnr Member

I find it so disrespectful to Dmo and Tjones that they can't even crack the rotation with how our PFs are playing but Beverley cracks it after the first practice AND pushes TD out of the rotation. I'm baffleddddd.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think the rotations have to be frustrating.

You play well and you go out like TD.

You are a SF and told to play Center.

You come out with some of the starters in the 2nd half even though all of them were playing bad.

Like I said earlier, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that McHale is starting to lose this team. They didn't even really seem to care as they were losing in the 4th qtr on a 6 game losing streak.

19. nadman89

nadman89 Member

ok tjones and donuts are rookies but what about james anderson! why not play him hes a good player , i do remember jeff adrien won us a game in denver last yr

20. bobbysikora

bobbysikora Member

A win right now would really help this team. Before tonights game, I expected the Rockets to go 4-3 for the remainder of this month. This game against the Wolves wasn't one that I thought the Rockets would win. But I predict the losing streak to end in Charlotte. A win is all they need to get some lost confidence back.