1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What happened to Toney Douglas?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jm434, Jan 19, 2013.

1. jm434

jm434 Contributing Member

What happened to him? He only played very limited minutes last game and was a DNP against the Pacers... I know that Patrick Beverly has been playing well but I think Toney did indeed provide a spark for us (well even though they play different positions at least he showed us much more than what 2Pat and Marcus Morris has).. So does this mean they're planning to trade him? Or is he simply just down the pecking order?

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He got his spot stolen in NYK by Jeremy Lin and now he got his spot stolen by Patrick Beverly in Houston. LOL.

3. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Patrick Beverley happened.

1 person likes this.
  4. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I would chose Beverley over Douglas all day. Better PG.

5. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

If we were "planning on trading him" I think we would be showcasing him, don't ya think?

6. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

McHale could at least give Douglas some of Harden's minutes. Douglas is a shooting guard anyway.

But Beverly looked REALLY good..

7. jm434

jm434 Contributing Member

i think we hv showcased him more than enough and he has definitely increased his trade value by the way he has been playing. dont get me wrong i like Beverley a lot and prefer him as our back up pg but i just think toney deseves at least some PT...

8. pnr

pnr Member

I don't understand why McHale doesn't use him to backup Harden. He is a 41% 3 point shooter for christs sake! He could really get buckets if he had Lin/Beverly feeding him and provide that spark. I was really excited to see McHale use Beverly because I thought that meant he was expanding the rotation, but if he's just using Beverley in place of Douglas, then it's not really helping...

9. conquistador#11

we need douglas to give the beard a break every now and then. 10 men rotation, you've talked about it, now use it, mother lover!

10. Mock

Mock Member

All hail Patrick Beverly. I don't care what happens to T-Doug, don't get me wrong he's actually a good player I have to say and usally has a consistent shot no matter the score or situation, he doesn't get raddled much either. I would rather use him for trade bait for the bigger picture if he need's to be in a filler for the trade.

11. teebone21

teebone21 Member

douglas must be getting traded

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Feel bad for TD...but Beverly right now looks much better on both end of the court...

13. QazQay

QazQay Member

Ughhh I just wish we could bench Lin

14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

this

I don't see why he wouldn't get any minutes

he was pretty solid over the last 20-30 games

15. tenit86

tenit86 Member

I think giving Patrick Beverly playing time was dictated down to Mchale. I expected him to spend a lot more time in the D league before cracking the rotation.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Or, some other 1? :confused:

17. jondoe

jondoe Member

Toney Douglas deserves to play. Beverly hasn't done anything that Douglas can't do. Mchale looking for quick fixes.

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

He should have considered trotting Jones / Motie out there first if that's the case.

19. eman

eman Contributing Member

If we aren't trading him, I'd wish to see him spelling Harden a bit, and playing alongside Bev. Douglas is a better SG than he looked in his 0-17 start. He brings energy on D-- that's why I'd like to see him playing alongside Bev, to see what we look like with two hustle guys out there on D.

20. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

this...he's like a new and improved toney