1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Insider: Trade Watch: Who's on the block?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by fallenphoenix, Jan 18, 2013.

Tags:
  1. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

Compared Previous Year Lakers

Fisher
    Kobe
    Ron
    Gasol
    Bynum

2. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

We need to make a run at Smith, Millsap, Jefferson or Gasol.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

big Al would be the best, but his injuiries are a big question.

4. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Actually Gasol or Jefferson wouldn't be able to run up and down the floor with this team. Same with Z-Bo.

Cousins is too much of a head case. Smith and Millsap are the best fits from guys who are available.

5. Asar9

Asar9 Member

Parsons
    PPat for Granger
    T.Douglas

Fill in whatever else to make the trade work.

6. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Not sure I'd give up Parsons for Granger coming off of an injury and about to turn 30.

7. what

what Member

I'd trade Marc Gasol for d.cousins. Dude is real. The grizzlies need a guy that can score down low and while I love Marc Gasol, I just think Rudy and D.cousins would light teams up.

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Let's get Granger. He'd be a terrific '2nd star' behind Harden. Can play the 2-4 spots and could make for a nice 'forwards combo' alongside Parsons.

9. TripleSeven

TripleSeven Member

This. Perfect time to go after Granger. It's possible to trade for him and also trade for more complimentary pieces. Harden, Granger w/ a Milsap, Cousins etc. would make the Rockets contenders.

10. thedude077

thedude077 Member

For me, Paul Millsap or Josh Smith are on my list. No to Cousins and no to Gortat, or anybody else. My dream coach would be Stan Van Gundy.
    Morey I hope you're reading this.

11. larry cook

larry cook Member

Cousins All DAy, come on people wake Up. Dont mind Lin leaving and hate to see Parsons go but We need big help inside and Cousin be Beastn' like no Other...

12. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

damn..i'm watchin the replay of Nets-Hawks..became iffy on Josh...not a cerebral PF that we need...we need a PF with basic fundamentals..can set solid picks, rebound, defend and run PnR

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm tired of this team running up the floor, taking only quick shots, 3's and the only "plays" that seem to be run is pick n rolls and isolations while everybody spreads out. I wan't this team to slow it down a bit, run plays, play D and rebound and stop relying on trying to outscore the other team with elementary offense.

I know were a young team, and that running fits us when 3/4 of our players don't play D or rebound but dammit this 6 game loosing streak is horrible to watch. Are team playing no defense, no toughness, no rebounding...can't win like that.

14. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

He's wants us to lose...

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I'm not hearing any mention of rondo if mchale and morey can pull some Boston strings I hope we get this deal done morey anybody but harden rondo will give us what we need a true pg who can play with pace and make something happen in a half court set i love Lin and im a big Lin supporter but there's no way he's on the same level of rondo. And we do need another player to come off the bench

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

The only player I'd trade for is Granger, and only if the price is fairly low, almost a salary dump. Otherwise, there's no reason for the Rockets to w**** an extra 3-5 wins while giving up prospects. Not when they can just sign someone outright in the offseason. Bird right is pointless here because no one will command the max.

Granger to me is intriguing because there are so few good SFs in the game. He also solidify our small lineups. But Granger+several prospects/picks < signing Josh Smith/Jefferson in the offseason.

17. Raven

Raven Member

I don't see a major trade at the deadline, but Morey trying to acquire an extra pick wouldn't surprise me, probably a conditional.

18. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Granger would be nice...

19. kissOFdeath95

kissOFdeath95 Member

"With teams like the Lakers, Mavs and Celtics off to disappointing starts, and with several other teams like the Rockets and Heat trying to stock up for title runs, there's plenty of action to be had."

I guess no one saw that part of the article. Rockets stocking up for a title run? Sounds like Chad Ford is a believer

20. Ahorton0222

Ahorton0222 Member

As much as I like all theses potential all stars I'm a little concerened that their current teams will ask for the world and our first born to replace them, leaving the Rockets with major spots to fill. Lets face it not all of these players on this list will be traded by the trade dead line. So I say wait till the off season... We got money anyway! That way we can build up this young team with the nice pieces we currently have.