1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pacers 1/18/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 17, 2013.

1. PeterDLai

PeterDLai Member

Sorry for bugging you again, but can you name like 1 or 2 clear LOFs? So I can go back and read their posts and understand why they're LOFs.

2. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Our PF situation isn't going to change though. Besides guys hitting their shots, what adjustments need to be made?

3. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Let me tell you Peter,

Basically there's a few (just very loud) elitists who didn't appreciate the Linvasion Jeremy's signing brought to their forum and decided the mature thing to do was to let it out on Jeremy by magnifying every little mistake he makes and trashing him. These type of posters also get extremely offended if you ever so slightly praise Jeremy's play. Unless you agree with them that he sucks and is a JOKE!!1, they will automatically classify you as a LOF, even those that joined before Jeremy entered the NBA :p

4. wapz

wapz Member

Oh im sorry. im a james harden fan, joined recently because of him. and even i know when the coaching staff is doing tURRible and harden himself is only forcing his shots.
    ---
    jeez what a dumb conclusion you came up with.....

5. radd

radd Member

coach mchale what is wrong with your offense?

QUOTABLE III: "I think everybody is worn out. We don't have a lot of zip right now or a lot of juice and we have to get it back. It's a long season and we have to find it again."
    -- Houston coach Kevin McHale

WE DON"T HAVE ANY ZIP

genius mcfail, pure genius

6. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Then you have to accept when someone has something good to say about a player. I'd rather have a positive, constructive forum than a negative, destructive forum. I never understood the hate for a positive perspective. That makes no sense unless the poster has a black heart as it is.

7. torocan

torocan Member

Actually the PnR's did work in that they created good looks.

Unfortunately, the PF's couldn't hit the broad side of a barn (1-13) and Harden was ice cold.

When shots don't fall on kick outs the lanes close. Not much you can do about that. Driving into packed paint is tough on anyone, whether your name is Harden or Lin.

Let's also not undervalue Indiana's defense (lowest PPG allowed in the NBA right now, lowest points in the paint allowed, lowest opposing FG%, 4th lowest opponent 3pt%, lowest opponent fast break efficiency, AND lowest opponent TS%) and that our starters are pretty darn tired (Harden, Parsons and Lin are all averaging close to 40 minutes per game in January).

And let's not talk about the defensive end. 37 mins, Patterson and Morris had a grand total of TWO rebounds... that puts tremendous pressure on the team as Rebounds = fast breaks, extra possessions and less pressure to score.

PnR is a highly efficient play... as long as your Roll man and perimeter shooters can actually catch and score.

8. SirKen

SirKen Member

I don't agree. I expect more from this team. This is not their level. These players are good and can contribute more if they were playing on another team. For every "trade Lin" thread, I want to start a "trade Lin, Harden, Parsons, Asik, Smith, Delfino, Douglas, DMo, TJones (and I guess Beverley, the way he has been playing)" thread. I could have accepted these losses if they were out of inexperience but when I see bad coaching with a caliber of talent Rockets have, it just pisses me off!!

Also, call me stupidly optimistic but after following almost all the games so far, I think this team has enough talent to make it to conference finals with someone stepping up a little bit at the PF. Definitely not going to happen with McHale and Sampson though.

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Maybe we are grooming harden to be that type of player. Seeing as how we have him for the long haul and all. The org knows we aren't winning it all this year, but what they do know is that if they want to win it all in the future harden has to be ready. No matter how much some fans want their guy to be the focal point, fact is harden is the man the organization is going to rest their hopes on.

10. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Exactly. It's very easy to label someone when you run out of arguments. Once the other party starts with the name calling there is no chance of a rational discussion anymore, since rational needs two mature sides.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Dude are you kidding me???

Okay, off the top of my head, there was this kozmo guy in another game thread that was spazzing out, clearly a LOF. And then there's "kinckskiller.." Those are just two that I can think of now.

And then there's you.

12. PeterDLai

PeterDLai Member

Okay mfastx, Kwame in another thread said torocan is a LOF (in fact "One of the leaders of the LOFs"). This you can agree on, right?

As soon as you can confirm this I can go ahead and remember him as a LOF and know that he is probably "spout[ing] nonsensical arguments and trash other players/staff to prop up Lin".

13. stefanb

stefanb Member

Rooting against your own team huh? Shame on you.

14. PeterDLai

PeterDLai Member

Oh right, I forgot I'm a LOF because I joined in 2012 and criticize the coaching staff. Thanks for reminding me.

15. torocan

torocan Member

Probably what they did late in the game should have been done sooner, IE, have Delfino play the 4.

If Morris and Patterson can't hit shots, and can't defend West and George, then you might as well have Delfino slide to the 4 for the extra offensive fire power.

Other than that, institute more PnR's with Parsons and have Morris and Patterson do more off the ball cuts and curls (shortening their range and forcing defensive collapses), then have them do more kick outs for mid range jumpers and 3 point shots.

Finally, have Patterson and Morris do more work as Roll Men in the PnR. They're both athletic and can elevate... if they're pushing to dunk/elevate, they should at least get some foul calls.

Then wait for their shots to return... or trade them for an upgrade at the PF position.

Finally, nothing wrong with giving DMo and TJones more minutes if Morris and Patterson can't score, can't box and don't rebound. Dmo's defense may need work, but if Patterson and Morris are poor match ups, you just gotta trade defense for more offense.

It's not like Indiana was going to score more than they did tonight.

There is ZERO reason that the guards (the FREAKING GUARDS!) are out rebounding the BOTH of them when they're playing 37 minutes combined...

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

What you said literally had nothing to do with what I posted. James Harden is having a string of sub-par games because he is in a shooting slump and not having good shot selection, not because of the coaching staff. I'm struggling to see your point here.

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Quit trolling.

18. thedude077

thedude077 Member

James Harden is only 23 years old, man. He's been in the league for 3 years and will only get better. Kobe did struggle when he was young, give Harden some time. Anyways, what the Rockets need is a power forward and a better coach. Fix those things and we're in the playoffs for the first time since Yao played. ;)

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

tocoran joined as a LOF, but he is one not so bad. Why are you obsessing over me man?

Quit trolling. The bad LOF's don't have lots of green rep bars, like you.

20. PeterDLai

PeterDLai Member

So now I'm a troll and a LOF. Gotcha, thanks.