1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pacers 1/18/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 17, 2013.

1. PeterDLai

PeterDLai Member

I asked this in another thread but didn't get an answer. Can you list who the clear LOFs are? I always see people complaining about them but I'm still not 100% sure who they're referring to (and I read these threads pretty thoroughly).

2. SirKen

SirKen Member

I have come to the conclusion that the people who use the term LOH or LOF tend to have no proper arguments and generally just parrot stuff they hear from media or other posters.

3. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

There's way too many to name. And just because someone likes Lin doesn't make them a LOF, lof's hate on everyone else in order to defend Lin. Look for 2012 join dates with little to no rep and ignorant, pompous comments.

4. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

problem is harden's iso is basically driving to the basket. too predictable. but a lebron or kobe iso? not the same... this goes hand in hand with the lack of a mid range game. what happened to harden's drop back j? defenders know by now what you're going to do before you do it. refs hear every team complain about harden drawing fouls and so are way more lenient now. all of this means his slump was way overdue...

5. PeterDLai

PeterDLai Member

Name just a few of them for me, so I know who you guys are talking about and can lookout for their posts.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

LOF's are people who joined after Jeremy Lin signed with Houston. Here's a hint: they are usually people to blame the Rockets coaching staff or other Rocket players whenever Lin has a bad game. To find out who the LOF's are, look at the join date. If these users spout nonsensical arguments and trash other players/staff to prop up Lin, chances are they are a LOF. If these users complain that we don't have Tyson Chandler under the rim, then they are most likely LOFs.

Hope this helps.

Wonder how you came up with that conclusion? Like I said, this is case-in-****ing point, lol. LOFs taking over the game thread. Exhibit A: LOF's obsessing over the term "LOF" and replying to me as if they don't know who they are, lol.

7. pnr

pnr Member

Lmao a PG whose passing is his strength? how do you expect the PG to pass the ball when Harden initiates so much of the offense?

8. PeterDLai

PeterDLai Member

I think those generalizations of LOFs are way too broad TBH. People cannot become fans of Rockets after a certain date and can't blame coaching without being LOFs?

Again, just name some for me, it would be helpful.

9. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

or at least someone give the man a damn napkin before he gets on the court.

stefanb, the reason why Jeremy has been disappointing is exactly for the reasons you are asking for a good big man that can run the PnR like he did NY and was great at. So really when the team gets one you're already killing 2 birds with one stone. You got that post presence and Jeremy and James can drive and thrive, hey that rhymed.

10. PeterDLai

PeterDLai Member

For example, is Lucky Charm a LOF?

11. SirKen

SirKen Member

Don't agree with your opinions on Lin and Harden.

Lin is playing average but it is obvious that the offensive struggles are caused by the coaching staff. Expect to see more proof of that as Beverley gets more minutes with the team. Moreover, I have been really impressed with his defensive plays. Would like to also point out that other than Asik, he is the only player who properly boxes out (It should be embarassing for the other players really).

The thing about Harden is that he had an easier time scoring because he used to make plays for the team (READ: for the team). There were so many occasions in which he passed to the open man for a no-contest shot and he did that even when he was hot during the games. He doesn't seem to do it as much he used to. Thanks to that, the defense knows when to collapse on him.

12. PeterDLai

PeterDLai Member

By definition, SirKen is a LOF, correct? He joined this board after Lin joined the team and blames the coaching staff.

Someone confirm...

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Having one of the youngest teams in the league and winning more than you should is exciting. Having one of the youngest teams in the league and losing more than you should is not. We need to win a ****in' game. I don't care who plays, how many minutes someone gets, what their damned fans opinions happen to be... just play smart basketball, leave everything on the court, and win a freakin' game every once in a while.

Can you do that, guys? While you're at it, find a 4 that can actually give us something.

14. SirKen

SirKen Member

I agree that there are some fans who just care about Lin or defend him even when he had some silly plays. What I don't understand is why can't we criticize the rest of the team or the staff? Hasn't coaching since the beginning of the season been spotty at best.

Also, the reason I wrote that to your post is that you seem more interested in "putting the LOFs in their place" than actually discussing basketball (Not trying to put words in your mouth here, this is just how it looks like from where I stand).

1 person likes this.
  15. Exel

Exel Member

All the Rockets need is a pick and roll big. Harden and Lin are two of the best pick and roll players in the NBA. Once they have that, the offense will be deadlier. But it's not like the offense is the issue, even with Harden and our PF's shooting like crap and the team turning it over like mad, they still put up 95 on one of the best defensives in the league.

Defense on the other hand is a whole other story, but defensive chemistry takes longer to develop as that requires more communication and you need to know the tendencies of all the players on the floor to be effective.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Obviously people criticize the team and the staff all the time and it's okay, hell I criticize the Rockets coaching staff for conjuring up this joke of a defense, but many times LOF's unjustly criticize the staff because LOF's think that it's the coaches fault that Lin isn't playing as well as he did during a 7 game stretch last year.

Every game thread I make a post deticated to discussing what I thought of the game, and pointing out good points and bad points. Last year, even though the Rockets were roughly the same calibre team, I did the same thing, and I enjoyed the game threads. This year, I'm very frustrated about how each and every game thread turns into a group of posters grasping at straws for a certain players and longtime known posters having to defend themselves. It's really annoying and that is why you see more posts from me expressing my frustration.

17. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Hey, the Rockets are who we thought they were.....back before the season started and we thought they would be a bad team. That little hot streak got everyone excited, but we've come back down to earth. I think the other teams have figured out how to play the Rockets and it's going to be a struggle the rest of the season. If the other teams focuses playing defense on Harden it forces Harden to put up bad shots, or it forces someone other than Harden to shoot the ball, and right now our shooting is horrible. Patterson and Morris were a combined 1-13 from the field tonight.

I'm not upset. The Rockets are who we thought they were. We need better players. This hodgepodge of assets we've collected we eventually be reworked into something that resembles a more balanced team. Caution, rebuilding in progress, patience needed.

18. SirKen

SirKen Member

I have been blaming the coaching staff since forever. Actually, after the first 2 "spontaneous" games, when the coaches had time to "implement" their playbook.

I think they just don't have what it takes at the moment. I am also worried that they will affect our young players badly. I have been negative on McHale ever since I heard his comment on rookie players in an interview at the beginning of season. He said something like "rookies have to earn their time".

What the **** does that even mean? For starters, shouldn't all the ****ing players earn their time? Him not playing Smith properly or giving Aldrich time over DMo or TJones baffles me. How the **** did Aldrich earn his time? By making everyone cringe by watching his plays?!

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I noticed today that the Rockets ran a ****load of P&R's. Didn't work unfortunately.

20. wenzon

wenzon Member

thats why i said Harden is not Kobe.. And yet Mchale still sticking that kind of offense. so frustrating..