1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Patterson is SOFT

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JR, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

What team would give up a first round pick for PPat? Maybe a late 20's pick. Nobody ever talks about him outside of the Rockets. My guess is that he's be a throw in for a bigger trade.

2. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Morris is very inconsistent if you haven't been,watching games and his defense is horrible

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is playing better. We need him.

4. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Patterson has shown a much better shooting touch and shot selection these last few games, I will give him that. The Lakers game will be a legit test because he will be playing on a "big stage" and against a decent set of big men. We know he won't be a banger nor a offensive post weapon but if he can maintain this production or something close, he probably would be shown as our best option at PF right now.

5. jbasket

jbasket Member

Did you think Budinger would net the Rockets an 18th pick?

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He has played a lot better in his 5 games since return, averaging 9.4 reb per 36 minutes.

I really like him off the bench, he seems to be more active. Both rebounding and actual work in the paint.

I'm still of the belief that D-Mo needs to be playing, the only way he will get better is by playing regular minutes in the NBA. T-Jones also.

I want to see if this recent surge in play sticks, because i still think we need to move on from Patterson, simply not much upside with him. I want to think long term championship potential, which D-mo may or may not provide, as a player or trade asset, not winning a few extra games this year.

7. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

The ironic thing is, he is probably playing even harder to gain the starting spot, but we think he plays better off the bench. It's a toss up for me between Mook and PPat. I don't know when we'll have a chance to play D-Mo. We already have a solid 9 man rotation, with PPat, TD, Delfino, and GSmith off the bench. Hopefully, we can blow some teams out the water by the 3rd and have some time to develop D-Mo and a few others. (knock on wood)

8. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Before his injury Patterson was playing very well and the team was ranked 6th in rebounding (they dropped to 9th when he was missing with his injury).

They are bringing Patterson back into the fold slowly after returning from his injury. He will get his starting job back soon enough. Morris has played admirably but he's a small forward...

9. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

What a shock, Pat gets his starting job back and now has 9 rebounds over his last 3 starts.

Softer than my dick after watching Rosanne Barr's sex tape.

1 person likes this.
  10. Hank_1

Hank_1 Member

Anyone else think we should start Delfino instead of PPat or Morris to get us kick started? He gives up a lot of size but at least he makes shots and it's not as if we're stopping anyone anyway.

11. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

To be fair he's competing with Asik for rebounds. He had a bad game tonight but he wasn't horrific, the loss is on Harden and Parsons defense on Paul George.

12. teebone21

teebone21 Member

We got 2 other power fowards that need to be in the game

13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Trade ppat before his value gets even lower!

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

should have never put him back in the starting lineup. Patterson was playing well because he wanted his spot back; Morris was playing well because he didnt want to go back to the bench.

15. YaosDirtyStache

Jesus patterson sucks so hard.

I need to see some D-Mo or TJ.

16. torocan

torocan Member

I would buy that except he is BARELY out rebounding Harden and Lin.

Patterson 4.7 rpg
    Harden 4.4 rpg
    Lin 3.8 rpg

And tonight he was out rebounded by Harden (5), Lin (5), Smith (4),Delfino (3), and Beverly (3).

Patterson - 2 rebounds
    Parsons(!) - 2 rebounds
    Morris - 0 rebounds

This is the PF mind you... supposedly a big man in the line up. :eek:

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol yep, could be.

Not sure why they messed with what was working.

18. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

I told y'all , Patterson sucks ass!! He's a damn 1 trick pony scrub!

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The problem is his replacement hasn't been any harder. Marcus Morris is seriously damaging Philly guys' reputation for hardness.

20. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member