1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Paranormal] Has anyone ever seen a ghost?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by roxxfan, Jan 5, 2013.

1. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

There are always going to be skeptics.....anyway I prolly wouldn't go ghost hunting after all because someone might encounter something demonic and you don't want to mess with that ****.

2. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

about 8yrs ago my wife and I went to a Bed and Breakfast called the Baroness Inn in Milford Texas. While there, we picked up a book on the coffee table about haunted places in Texas - at that point the owner told us they were in that book (would've been nice to know BEFORE we booked the place - but we probably would've booked anyway). So then he proceeds to tell us that several people had left in the middle of the night, but nothing bad had ever happened to anyone, and he had never had any experiences there himself but his wife had.

So, I didn't think too much about it - I do believe there is a reasonable explanations for a lot of things.

We charged my wifes cell phone completely when we got there, and at about 1am, it began to beep because it was drained completely despite not being used the entire time we were there (supposedly paranormal activities will sometimes drain energy sources in order to manifest). Weird, but no big deal. The room got really cold and stayed cold for a while but I went back to sleep.

About 45min later I was sleeping - just a quick clarification: My wife tells me that I often stop breathing when I sleep (sleep apnea) so she often nudges me to make me wake up and breathe - but this night I remember a womans voice waking me up by saying "breathe" to me. I made myself breathe as I awoke. I thought it was strange and figured that if there was something in the room, it was trying to help me..so no reason to be alarmed. I went back to sleep.

I don't know if it really happened, but it I know that the power of suggestion is strong, and we had already heard some stories of that place from the owner.

3. RedRespect

RedRespect Contributing Member

I do believe there are connections that we have with people who have died. The other side of the veil, the next dimension... or whatever you want to call it... can sometimes be very close to our tangible, mortal world.

I think of the movie The Sixth Sense, where Bruce Willis explains that sometimes spirits linger when they have something unresolved from their life or need to tell something to someone still living. Maybe possible reasons for some paranormal stuff.

The scary stuff does freak me out. I stay far away from any Exorcist type movies or ouija boards. I believe that you can 'invite' evil spirits and that is where really scary stuff can happen. Evil begets evil. Good begets good.

As a kid, I did think I saw a ghost in our basement. My bedroom was in the basement and I woke up in the middle of the night and thought I saw a glowing light out at the end of the hallway where it should have been completely dark. I couldn't see if it was a figure or anything, but it still freaked me out. Basements always kind of spooked me.

When I was 14 years old I did have a very interesting dream. I moved across the country and 2 months later I had a vivid dream about a good friend of mine from my old neighborhood. He was dressed in all white and with other people in white. They were in a place that was all white... no more details more than just white and light. I remember a good, positive feeling was there. The next day, I found out that he had died the day before. That dream gave me comfort as I mourned the loss of my friend.

I've known other people who have had dreams about a family member who died and that person told them something important in the dream. One friend told me of an experience where she saw her Dad who had passed away and he warned her about something.

Anyone else have any meaningful dreams about a family member or friend that has died?

4. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

It ain't human ghosts, it's Jinns. We can't see them.

5. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

Jinns live in our world, we can't see them but they see us. Some are good, some are bad. They are created by God. Some are Jews, some Christians, some Muslims, some atheits etc..

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Ok, I have to know what this is from.....immediately! LOL!

7. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

sorry dont know....

heres a creepypasta

About five years ago I lived downtown in a major city in the US. I’ve always been a night person, so I would often find myself bored after my roommate, who was decidedly not a night person, went to sleep. To pass the time, I used to go for long walks and spend the time thinking.
    I spent four years like that, walking alone at night, and never once had a reason to feel afraid. I always used to joke with my roommate that even the drug dealers in the city were polite. But all of that changed in just a few minutes of one evening.
    It was a Wednesday, somewhere between one and two in the morning, and I was walking near a police patrolled park quite a ways from my apartment. It was a quiet night, even for a week night, with very little traffic and almost no one on foot. The park, as it was most nights, was completely empty.
    I turned down a short side street in order to loop back to my apartment when I first noticed him. At the far end of the street, on my side, was the silhouette of a man, dancing. It was a strange dance, similar to a waltz, but he finished each “box” with an odd forward stride. I guess you could say he was dance-walking, headed straight for me.
    Deciding he was probably drunk, I stepped as close as I could to the road to give him the majority of the sidewalk to pass me by. The closer he got, the more I realized how gracefully he was moving. He was very tall and lanky, and wearing an old suit. He danced closer still, until I could make out his face. His eyes were open wide and wild, head tilted back slightly, looking off at the sky. His mouth was formed in a painfully wide cartoon of a smile. Between the eyes and the smile, I decided to cross the street before he danced any closer.
    I took my eyes off of him to cross the empty street. As I reached the other side, I glanced back… and then stopped dead in my tracks. He had stopped dancing and was standing with one foot in the street, perfectly parallel to me. He was facing me but still looking skyward. Smile still wide on his lips.
    I was completely and utterly unnerved by this. I started walking again, but kept my eyes on the man. He didn’t move. Once I had put about half a block between us, I turned away from him for a moment to watch the sidewalk in front of me. The street and sidewalk ahead of me were completely empty. Still unnerved, I looked back to where he had been standing to find him gone. For the briefest of moments I felt relieved, until I noticed him. He had crossed the street, and was now slightly crouched down. I couldn’t tell for sure due to the distance and the shadows, but I was certain he was facing me. I had looked away from him for no more than 10 seconds, so it was clear that he had moved fast.
    I was so shocked that I stood there for some time, staring at him. And then he started moving toward me again. He took giant, exaggerated tip toed steps, as if he were a cartoon character sneaking up on someone. Except he was moving very, very quickly.
    I’d like to say at this point I ran away or pulled out my pepper spray or my cellphone or anything at all, but I didn’t. I just stood there, completely frozen as the smiling man crept toward me.
    And then he stopped again, about a car length away from me. Still smiling his smile, still looking to the sky.
    When I finally found my voice, I blurted out the first thing that came to mind. What I meant to ask was, “What the **** do you want?!” in an angry, commanding tone. What came out was a whimper, “What the fuu…?”
    Regardless of whether or not humans can smell fear, they can certainly hear it. I heard it in my own voice, and that only made me more afraid. But he didn’t react to it at all. He just stood there, smiling.
    And then, after what felt like forever, he turned around, very slowly, and started dance-walking away. Just like that. Not wanting to turn my back to him again, I just watched him go, until he was far enough away to almost be out of sight. And then I realized something. He wasn’t moving away anymore, nor was he dancing. I watched in horror as the distant shape of him grew larger and larger. He was coming back my way. And this time he was running.
    I ran too.
    I ran until I was off of the side road and back onto a better lit road with sparse traffic. Looking behind me then, he was nowhere to be found. The rest of the way home, I kept glancing over my shoulder, always expecting to see his stupid smile, but he was never there.
    I lived in that city for six months after that night, and I never went out for another walk. There was something about his face that always haunted me. He didn’t look drunk, he didn’t look high. He looked completely and utterly insane. And that’s a very, very scary thing to see.

8. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Hey guys.....ummm...

So I pull up this thread to catch up on all the responses (yes I'm late) and I start to feel a little spooked, when out of nowhere this damn fly lands on my computer screen at the exact time I'm looking at this thread. I'm thinking, "where in the hell does a fly come out in winter time?" I mean it's 43 degrees outside. Not only that, this ****er doesn't move. Normally fly's take off when you swing at them (they developed an epic survival instinct), but this just stood there dilly dallying. I even touched the damn thing with a hanger and it stayed planted on my screen. So I got it off and went to my bed (5 minutes ago.) I came back to post this post and the fly comes right back and sits on the screen again. I was looking at it just 30 seconds ago until it once again flew off. It was just really weird timing. I know there is a logical explanation for this but the timing was just impeccable. It's kinda creepy. The damn thing wouldn't move. I was right in the middle of this thread. Sorry for the creeped-out rant.

9. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I think i saw a tv show about the place you visited.

10. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

hahaha hilarious

11. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

lol clown thread. does anybody believe in the easter bunny or santa claus too? this is coming from a guy who's played ouiji boards and all that stupid crap too. the brain is a very powerful thing. Don't encourage it to fool yourself

12. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

such a terribly broken analogy that doesn't do anything to further your claim at all. That's using the whole "you can't prove its NOT TRUE" logic.

. you can't prove that I dont have the ability to spontaneously turn into a unicorn. some people here probably don't educate themselves or get educated

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/believing-bull/201109/you-can-prove-negative

13. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

by the way, I didn't meant to quote you on my last response. I meant to call out the other guy with his electricity comment

14. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Reading through this thread reminded me of something that happened a couple of months ago. I was asleep and was half awake by light coming into the room from the window. My alarm didn't go off, so I ignored it and tried to go back to sleep when a voice whispered next to my ear, she said "kill me" or something, couldn't remember. I stayed in bed and checked my phone a couple of minutes later and it was only 4 am.

15. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

THANK YOU. this guy has a brain. I hate that whole YOU CAN'T PROVE ITS NOT TRUE argument. the burden of proof lies with proving that its true. once again I will post this silly link to anyone that cares to read

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/believing-bull/201109/you-can-prove-negative

I swear some of these people delude themselves so much. Probably high school dropouts or something.

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

'has anyone taken LSD'

17. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

psychology can explain that. Ive taken dmt, acid, and shrooms and had experiences. The brain is capable of all that kind of stuff. I'm not a psychology major but I've taken multiple psychology classes at UT and my best friend here is a psyche major. You'd be surprised how much your brain can fool you. Don't delude yourself or piece together things that aren't really correlated.

18. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

hahahaha. still new on the board and don't know how to rep but I would. I like this user. He has a brain

19. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

definitely haha on a side not does anybody read smbc web comics? the guy is super smart and has multiple degrees. He makes all of his comics about intellectual humor. either math, science, philosophy, or religion. here are two of them

http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20131031.png

http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20101226.gif

20. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member