1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. mirus

mirus Member

EDIT :Only when you are free

2. bc2k

bc2k Member

We have 13 players on the bench yet McFail just REFUSES to use anyone outside his 8-man rotation, even during these back to back and 4-games-in-5-nights times.

James Harden plays 40 minutes a game day in and day out, he's gonna get run down to the ground before he can even start making the big money portion of his contract.

This is pathetic.

3. Arthurprescott2

This sounds like a reasonable response. Also it's correct. /thread (at least for a few more weeks).

4. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Kevin is a stupid ....@#@#

everyone can see the rockets are tired...

you need 10 -11 man rotations and he needs to play the rookies....

we play crazy fast pace...

5. brick

brick Member

McHale is a Hall of famer big. I am beginning to doubt if he understand the game of a back court. I see more and more ISO and less and less PnR. And our screens are more like pretenders.

6. brick

brick Member

The rockets are running D'Antoni's run n gun but without PnR. That's not much different than asking every player stay outside to shoot the 3 or go to the rim by himself, so predictable. Why don't coaches give the pg some freedom to make plays ?

7. brick

brick Member

When a player is cold and fails to open up the paint, coaches could have him set a solid screen for a teammate without ball. I guess this will either create an open look for the teammate or open up the paint.

8. lpy3

lpy3 Member

Agree.

9. pnr

pnr Member

What's the point of paying all these bench players if they're not going to play at all? With these back to backs if the starters are not playing well, I'm going to have to blame the coach first. They can't play defense cause theyre gassed and they have to run for their offense. There's no way that can work with an 8 man rotation.

10. VanityHalfBlack

11. brick

brick Member

(1)3pt shots and layup are efficient in offense. I agree with coaches on them. I think the mistake the coaches have made is to take out the mid range shots completely. Opponents have figured out our predictable offense. When our 3s don't fall and driving lanes have been blocked, mid range shots are the way to get hands hot again. Even for the purpose of warming up for better 3s, coaches should allow the players to shoot some mid ranges. This is not like a fantasy basketball game.
    (2)Now if coaches wake up and allow our players to play some mid range games, good screens can be really helpful. I don't understand why we have several penetrating guards and our coaches don't like setting screens for them. Put these players at any other teams I bet we will see a lot of assisted driving rather than just spacing the floor and iso. More PnR also improves team chemistry.

12. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

copy the spurs is all i say

larger rotation keep people fresh play jones and monta

13. roxxy

roxxy Member

So much this. But let's fire McHale though.

14. newAge_Rockets

When will a houston have a good coach????

15. Blackfish

Blackfish Member

Let Lin come off the bench and have his way with the second unit.

16. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

When you stop touching yourself at night.

17. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

If I were McHale, I would focus on D all practice long and then focus on setting proper screens for our guards.

18. brick

brick Member

Opponents have figured out Rockets' offense and driving to finish at the rim is getting harder. Rockets should counter with PnR penetration and taking mid range shots. Good screens and second chance opportunities are the key to make them work. This should be a plan C now that plan A and B are not working.

19. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

McHale is single-handedly making us lose back-to-backs with this bull**** of playing starters until 2 mins left in teh 4th and not using his bench. He really needs to go, for a Hall of Famer, he's a pretty dumb coach.

20. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Patrick Beverly with 75 POINTS on his career debut!!!

OH MY GOODNESS