1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeremy Lin sprained his left ankle

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ipa, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Lin is Joke! No, not a joke, lower than it, he is a scrub . . . trade his 25$mil contract out. He is loosing us games.

2. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

I read some tweets saying Lin might play tonight.

3. imanshar

imanshar Member

The last time Lin sprained his left ankle was in practice before the 38 points game against Spurs. Just sayin ...

4. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

Yeah, supposed to be a game time decision so I guess we won't know until later....
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Too soon to say. Game-time decision tomorrow indicates not too serious. RT @<a href="https://twitter.com/sheimans">sheimans</a>: @<a href="https://twitter.com/jonathan_feigen">jonathan_feigen</a> how bad was the Lin sprain?</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/290979209424277504" data-datetime="2013-01-15T00:30:24+00:00">January 15, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Jedster

Jedster Member

Click the name, choose 'view public profile', and then it's under 'user lists'.

It's great! This whole forum has begun overflowing with funny, intelligent and positive people since I started doing this. All sunshine and roses! :grin:

6. imanshar

imanshar Member

Lin is good to go tonight.

7. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Lin will play tonight

8. ipa

ipa Member

Looks like it was conspiracy... :D

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Lin stepped on Toney Douglas' foot at practice but said he knew 30 minutes later he'd be Ok.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/291225002391531520" data-datetime="2013-01-15T16:47:05+00:00">January 15, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Guy plays better when he is injured anyway.

10. Calmwater

Calmwater Member

So this means TD is out with injured foot because of Lin LOL :grin:

11. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

its ok Lin, you can sit this one out

12. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

i really want to see how we do without Lin. I hope the kid does well tonight because we need everyone on their A game to pull this off. but i just don't think the kid has it in him.

13. liubaoxin

liubaoxin Member

I am so shockingly surprised, there are so many LOH's have the new join dates. Are these the same few keep on changing their user names ???

Ignore list is getting just a little longer !!!

14. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Doesn't surprise me. Let me guess what happened, I've seen TD run into teammates in the middle of actual games...

15. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

You guys are all jumping on the Rockets since their last 3 game skid, mostly blaming Lin. Did you guys ever think that it was a 4 games in 5 night stretch? Did you guys realize that the Spurs had no chance to beat the Knicks on their 4th game in 5 nights? Did you guys just realize that Miami just lost 3 of their last 4 games? Come on guys, our roster is good, if not great. The 4 games in 5 nights is going to automatically give us some losses okay?

Maybe the reason why we have 2 weeks of 4 games in 5 nights is a conspiracy to ruin the Rockets? I mean, it's not the first time. Remember all the BS calls against the Rockets in the playoffs when we played Dallas and we were up 2-0? Remember the stealing the ball out of bounds play? Remember when Mike James lost his cool when we were making a run? 2 weeks of 4 games in 5 nights? I looked at the Spurs, Miami, OKC, Clippers and none of them had 2 straight weeks of 4 games in 5 nights. Just saying...

16. MonKing

MonKing Member

I keep the Ignore list up in a separate tab so I can add names quickly. The tough thing is when someone says "Lin isn't worth what we pay!" "We should get a different PG!" "He hasn't shown anything special, just average play!" With the Ignore list up and ready I have to slow myself down and say "Well, actually that's a valid opinion. May not be one I agree with but it isn't a crackpot comment."

There are legitimate differing points of view about a lot of topics - the quality of our players and of our coaches, and the Rockets chances in the playoffs - but all this LOH silliness makes it hard to have rational discussions.

The strange thing about a lot of the LOHs is that they seem to just enjoy riling things up. Can't tell if they are zit-faced teenagers or bitter old men. Either way, on to the Ignore list and bada-bing they are out of mind.

17. MonKing

MonKing Member

I remember a long time ago, back at the beginning of the season, when McHale said that this is a young team and will have its ups and downs. Everyone agreed that made perfect sense then. Actually living through those ups and downs has turned out to be more stressful than some folks can handle, it appears.

18. imanshar

imanshar Member

True, Lin haven't been a factor offensively but he is playing solid defense for a long time. Other players should step up defensively so the team can be better at defense especially PF's and Harden. I know Harden is the best at offense but he should hustle more at defense to get that MVP.

19. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

After 1 minute of facing the terror of Bledsoe, JLin will be wishing he sat this one out!

20. Hank_1

Hank_1 Member

Can't wait...let's see. Go Rocks!