1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which Fast Food place has the best ice cream shakes?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RedRedemption, Jan 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Fatburger. I had an oreo shake over the weekend and it's to die for. It's too bad there's not a chain in Texas for you guys to try.

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Steak'n Shake is opening up in my area at the end of Jan. Havent had a chance to stop by the new which wich yet, and Blizzards arent ice cream shakes, they are just ice cream. I stand by my WHATABURGER post.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

steak n shake (they dont sell steaks btw). I refuse to stand by the gentlemen aboves Whataburger post.

4. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Do they sell the steakburgers? I was in Japan for 2 months and I kept being fooled when the Japanese claim they sell steak for ridiculously cheap price, and it turned out it was a frickin burger patty.

5. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Smashburger has pretty good shakes. Dammit, now im going to get a shake

6. Garner

Garner Member

Goode Co. Taqueria cinnamon shake.

You're welcome.

7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

nope. no steakburgers. just hamburgers. they call them steakburgers though. As if I and every other proud American doesn't know what a steak is.

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

The $5 shake is pretty ****ing good...

9. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

In Austin, the shakes at Top Notch are pretty damn delicious. Also the Cherry Malt at Elevation Burger.

10. TheresTheDagger

Its not the best, but I've always loved Mcdonald's Shamrock Shake.

Get one every year in March. :)

11. The Boz

The Boz Member

Fuddruckers make a good shake.

12. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Fuddruckers makes a good EVERYTHING

13. RedRespect

RedRespect Contributing Member

McDonald's chocolate shakes have always been at the top of my list. DQ Blizzards are the bomb too... but I agree that it's a cup of ice cream, not a shake. Not a big fan of ChickFilA shakes... though I love the rest of their food.

Sonic shakes are disappointing. Their slush drinks are the best though.

I am a huge ice cream fan. Okay, reading this thread, I'm realizing I need to try shakes from some of these places you all are recommending.

14. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

But you can get them to make a shake from their slushes, which are pretty awesome.

15. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I think we're getting away from the topic, we're looking at fast food places. Smashburger and Fud are not fast food. A good way to determine if a place is fast food or not is if it has a drive through.

Anyway, jack in the box is pretty good. Their oreo cookie shakes are my go-to when i want to splurge on something sweet and unhealthy. DQ is probably the best, but there isn't many of them around, at least not near me. Most places like McDonalds, Sonic, etc don't use real ice cream, I don't believe.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fatburger is the best for sure. I get the Chocolate, but I'm sure they're all fantastic.

17. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I'll take a malt over a shake anyday. For those who asked - a Malt has actual malt in them - Kinda like whoppers (the candy).

Is Uvalde Malt & Burger still open in North Shore? They were good.

We used to drive over into Jacinto City for a malt at some little mom & pop hamburger joint, but I don't remember where that was. Maybe on Maxey road?

18. Ras137

Ras137 Contributing Member

I think Beck's Prime's shakes are the best. Plus I love I can get a dessert portion (pretty small) and not feel guilty about eating it. (either feeling guilty about wasting it or eating it all and feeling guilty about being a fat tub of lard). :eek:

19. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Just re-watched Pulp Fiction yesterday which made me yearn for a shake. Good timing for this thread. I'll probably settle for Steak and Shake.