1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 1/11/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 10, 2013.

1. hbomb

hbomb Member

"How is this related to Jeremy Lin"

2. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Lin is the last thing we should be talking about. He had a great game. We all should focus on why Asik has been regressing. I'm thinking it's because he's lost a lost of confidence because he's been subbed out too much lately.

Or maybe it really is his endurance regressing back down to earth and that's why he's been playing less minutes lately.

Whatever the case is, I hope Asik can get back to top form. IMO his performance can literally change this team from playoff contenders to missing playoffs. He is THAT important because let's face it, the team D is pretty bad. The best defense combo we have is Lin + Asik while Harden and Parsons make transition runs. (I don't even want to mention our PF situations...) If Asik doesn't show up, we literally loses 50% of our defensive efficiencies.

3. cw3k

cw3k Member

FT was fine if you take out Asik's 1 - 8. It is the defense.

4. cw3k

cw3k Member

I personally think it is because all those games are tiring him out. He body has not adjust with all these extra minutes.

For the post season, he really needs to work on his FT. A big liability when you shooting only 50%.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

This has probably been asked, but did Lin tweet during the game last night? I'm assuming it was someone else using his account...

6. adamzee

adamzee Member

lin outplayed rondo up to the 4th, but figured he'd be receiving his routine 4th quarter benching again. why not tweet? ;)

#mcfail

7. kozmo

kozmo Member

Osik has terrible hands, I've been saying this all year. He can't catch the ball...you cannot win a championship with this guys as your starter as a big.

Last night harden was awful....they weren't just turnovers...they were selfish iso plays...

He plays like this were done

8. VanityHalfBlack

We need to win tonight!!!!

9. SirKen

SirKen Member

I think the decision to bring in Lin late is related to the loss (albeit not the only reason we lost the game). He did a good job defending Rondo in the first half just like in the previous game we had with Celtics. Back then, I think I pointed out on these forums that keeping in TD worked because our 3p were falling (I believe I wasn't the only one who said this). This game was pretty much proved it. We needed the defense Lin provided against Rondo. We should have tried to lock them down defensively and to utilize a more varying formation in the offense.

I bet you wonder why I focus on this more than anything else in this game. I think that any defensive shortcomings by players can be addressed by training and instructions. Moreover, you can do anything other than practicing more shots when your shots in-game are not falling. Coaching decisions are different in that, the execution is all about you and your decision making. There is no luck or outside factors that stop you from executing your decisions.

10. pnr

pnr Member

He is allowed one bad game since he's been real solid all month.

11. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Pretty much.

12. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

time for a philly game thread.... btw I dont need a win...i am satisfied Rockets are playing exciting high quality basketball all season long, and of course you win some and lose some, but boy this team is so exciting!- it makes me appreciate more beauties of basketball as well as of life....

13. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Maybe he wanted to continue on his 25-point streak.

14. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Lin's defense on elite PGs has been improving, especially on Rondo.

I still remember vividly how he got schooled by Rondo's triple double the first time they met when Lin was still with the Knicks. And now about 50 games later, he is among the the top 15 PGs in the league when defending other PGs.

15. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

Just give this team a break, they will be just fine. :grin:

16. SirKen

SirKen Member

I don't think he is that good yet but he certainly seems better compared to last season.

On an unrelated note, I should proofread my posts after editing in mid-sentence. Sorry for the silly grammar there :)

17. MonKing

MonKing Member

Great idea!

• "Jeremy Lin - Good, Bad, Indifferent in Celtics Game?"
    • "Jeremy Lin - Good, Bad, Indifferent in Sixers Game?"
    • "Jeremy Lin - Good, Bad, Indifferent compared to Scott Machado?"
    • "Jeremy Lin - Good, Bad, Indifferent playing with Kevin Love?"
    I think you are on to something here. :)

18. kozmo

kozmo Member

i like harden, Im just saying and were talking about last night right?

19. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Seriously. the LOFs were out in full force last night. such an obvious troll :rolleyes:

20. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

it was ft and nothing more
    greg smith 0-4
    harden 4-7
    btw why should we exclude asiks 1-8?
    its not his ussual production...