1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hornets 1/9/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Same can be said about the true LOFs, no? Lin has turned the fan base into a rivalry lol

2. jmart

jmart Member

Does anyone seriously believe he belongs in the all star game this year? I'm sure he does but athletes are supposed to think they are the best.

He's young, he's inexperienced and he has a lot of potential. I hope he puts its together. If he can develop an outside jumper and turn the ball over a little less he will be good.

3. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Can't you see his shot are in bold? So yes it's his fault.

4. seahawk

seahawk Member

this, open your eyes haters!

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He is only good against the Rockets, meaning he is useless when he plays for HOU and doesn't get to play against the Rockets.

6. rocketsmetalspd

B2B are tough and not having practice time is also catching up to them. Need to get back on the W side of things next game.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

Not really, there just weren't any games that looked good tonight. Maybe the Grizzlies, Clippers game but even that one feels dicey.

8. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

The way this game was officiated is why we lost. Our half court game is predicated on driving to the lane. The driver either gets fouled or a high percentage shot. Well, when the refs decide to "let them play" and swallow their whistles, the driver will get mugged; thus, lowering the chances of hitting a layup.

Our backcourt starters thrive on the drive game. It's the go-to play in the half court set. Even if when there is a pick and roll involved, the chances are that someone is going to the basket. Getting mugged will give the advantage to the defense in that situation.

We also lost because the Hornets hit their 3's, Mason in particular. The guy caught fire. Oh well. This is how other teams feel like when Delfino is on fire. It happens.

On a side note, there are some crazy LOF trolls, but they are far outnumbered by the Lin Haters. The GARM is for Houston Rocket fans. I can't believe the amount of disdain and rooting-for-failure of a Rockets player that this board has shown. It's crazy. If he does well, so do the Rockets. Bottom line, root for our Rockets.

Lin is coming off knee surgery, is young and still learning. He will make his mistakes, he will be inconsistent and he will show flashes of brilliance. Root for him to improve and maintain Linsanity mode. That way, Houston wins.

1 person likes this.
  9. Rokman

Rokman Member

ROFL!!! I can hear it now, "Hey man! You hatin' on me cause I'm yellow!"

AHAHAHAHA!! This racism crap is so ridiculous! You must be Asian.

10. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I didn't know so many of you guys were waiting for Lin to do poorly, so you can say "I knew it." It's been awhile, huh. Wow, I almost fell for it. I almost thought some of you guys weren't haters... You almost got me. No, he did not do well. But he does not need to be singled out and so emphatically, over and over and over again. Here's a novel idea. How about cheering your team on and defending a team that's been doing awesome recently, until we ran into a strangely officiated game in which noone could buy a bucket. Jeez, we weren't going to win every game, even winnable games, all the time on the road. And more tough losses are ahead. I can guess who's already gonna jump ship. I'll bet most of you guys will sell Lin out long before we even reach the rough point of our season. Frickin haters.. Worse than losing is hearing your negative, narrow-minded, low iq havin' bs.

1 person likes this.
  11. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

LOHs have had clutchfans withdrawal the past month...one bad game after a month averaging 16 and 7 means he is overrated and should be sent to the dleague...

12. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Patterson sucks the 4 position needs an upgrade

13. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

We're just following the trend in the league right now lol.

14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

We'll get to see what this team is made of based on how they bounce back.

I'm more curious if these were just bad games or if the Hornets are really doing something effective to slow down the Rockets. It seems to me that they pack the paint and make you shoot from the outside... the Rockets couldn't hit anything here in Houston against them in the last game, but they still scored 104.

Just 79 tonight?

23 turnovers are horrendous in any game, but when the speed of the game is significantly slowed down, making each possession more valuable, it's even worse.

15. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

It's an inside joke ;)

16. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Haha, they were so quiet for the last few games but now can finally post all the material they were saving.

As annoying as the LOFs are, the haters and trolls are 10x worse.

Oh well, looks like this forum is about to get unreadable until the next good game.

Also, to the fans, just ignore the trolls. Commenting or replying to them just makes them happy. Just ignore and/or report them.

17. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

well, the Rockets aren't going to win every game and this was the 2nd of a back-to-back and an away game. That is understandable.

But the truth is the Rockets were playing their style of ball in the 3rd quarter and everything was moving forward with a 10 pt lead. Then in the 4th, they couldn't hit anything and the Hornets got back into the game. The FAIL really was the coaching. They stuck to the lineup of Lin-Parsons-PPAT-Harden-Delfino and all those guys parked on the wing or watched Harden work (and Lin turnover). They needed to stick to moving the ball through the post which was working GREAT with Asik. I don't get what the hell McHale was thinking as the quarter progressed and the Hornets had gone on a 17-2 run or whatever. That was nuts he just kept the same guys in and they kept bricking and turning it over. I mean c'mon man!

18. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Hopeless post...they will blame lin anyways...they only see Lin's fault and nobody else's.

19. torocan

torocan Member

Meh. It wasn't like a bunch of us weren't predicting this as a possible outcome.

Back to back, on the road, against the Hornets (who play us tough), and the reffing was very inconsistent all of which hurts offensive rhythm.

Most of the team bricked a lot of fairly easy shots including lay ups and open jumpers, got blocked, or was fouled on shots and didn't get calls.

Morris 2-6
    Parsons 3-10
    Lin 4-12
    Smith 0-1
    Patterson 3-8
    Delfino 3-10

40% FG% and 9/27 from 3 point land (33.3%)

We also got out-rebounded 46-39 (size differential plus fatigue).

When that many players are off, you can't really blame any single person. All we can do is try to get the ball into the right players' hands.

Still, 5 game winning streak before we lost one. I'll take that all season.

One night rest then another back to back against Boston and the 76ers.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Agreed. These awful officiated games are why you need a post player