1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Playoffs Bengals @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 31, 2012.

1. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Ravens aren't going to freefall or anything, they still have some very good players on their team. They are in a better position IMO than the Steelers.

2. The Drake

The Drake Member

I mostly agree with this. LB and C are our two biggest concerns. Burfict will likely move to MLB, and as Maualuga's contract is up, I don't think he'll be brought back. He's been a pretty big disappointment after a promising rookie year. Thomas Howard and Manny Lawson would be the other two starting LBs, and while they aren't garbage, we could definitely use an upgrade at at least one of those spots. Center Kyle Cook is awful and we need to bring in someone else this offseason.

Sanu was developing into a nice little red zone threat when he got injured, and there was a tangible effect on the offense. Marvin Jones should be solid for years to come, if not spectacular. Hawk is a great 4th/5th option.

SS is a concern, but less so, as long as our D-line keeps improving, which it should as we've got even more young guys waiting in the wings.

So yeah, we've got larger concerns than QB, but that doesn't mean I'm not concerned about QB.

3. The Drake

The Drake Member

Also, I don't see the Steelers/Ravens going anywhere. Sure they might be headed for a down year after dominating most of the 2000s, but those franchises are never far from the playoff picture or out of it for very long.

As terrible as the Steelers were this year, they were a Week 16 win over Cincinnati from making the playoffs.

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

39 TOs in 34 career games (including the playoffs, where he's 0 TD/4 INT in two games). He isn't, right now, good enough to get you too many places beyond the earlier-than-expected start of your offseason.