1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Would Dwight Howard Look Next To James Harden In A Rockets Uniform Next Season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Jan 7, 2013.

1. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

I'd love to have Howard... Only if he can make 85% of his FT's...

2. Jedster

Jedster Member

Trade Asik for Kevin Love. (Morey can do magic)
    LOL

Then you can have a Lin, Harden, Parsons, Love, Howard starting lineup.
    Fun for all!

3. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

pls add no more stars to this roster, we already have the team to win NBA...

4. SunsRocketsfan

when you consider contracts and value

Asik >>>>>>> Howard.. I rather Morey spend the money on a PF that can stretch the floor, hit his free throws.. bang in the paint when needed .. I agree with others if Bosh was available.... Bosh >>>> Howard.

Howard is just not worth a max at this point.. he brings too much drama.. has no post game.. can't be a go to guy down the stretch.. cant hit the midrange shot.. will only clog up the lane for Harden and Lin.. and he may already be past his prime since his athleticism will only decline from here on out.. so BOOOOO TO HOWARD..

5. SunsRocketsfan

most NBA players dont even shoot 85% FTs... ie Lin shoots only 80% for his career

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

If we're actually in position to get Howard, it would mean he's not going back to the Lakers, so a S&T likely becomes an easy agreement. So I don't fear the cap aspect of the deal.

As for people opposing it, which other player is capable of bringing the Rockets closer to contender status? Josh Smith? Not even a given since he may like Atlanta given their surge. Millsap? Jefferson? Seriously? Aldridge and Love, for all the speculations we have here, are long, long, long shots. And CP3 has absolutely zero chance of signing here. The 2014 FA has some nice players right now. But many of them will get extended half way next year. The Rockets are becoming short on trade chips already after giving away their premium chips in the Harden deal.

All things considered, assuming Howard's injury isn't career threatening, there is bar none no other plausible candidate with nearly the talent and skills of Howard. If I had to gamble the next 4 years on a player, Howard beats out every other plausible player.

7. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

NO WAY is he going to say no to L.A. Money.

8. dragonz

dragonz Member

So finally we can quit the "you don't want play with me? you suck anyways" game?

Hallelujah

9. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

screw Dwight and his antics.

he is the opposite of a winning culture. I don't want the Rockets franchise to have anything to do with this joker

10. dragonz

dragonz Member

Don't worry, Morey is at work. I am disappointed that we didn't turn Mochado into a 2nd round pick, but that's ok, with our style of playing, we can even sell Toney D for a good deal.

Dream Mode ON!

11. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Right on . Hahaha :eek:

12. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

This thread should be renamed . Thank jesus , allah holy cow . The universe we didn't get dwight and got harden instead.

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Can you blame him for not wanting to come to the team we had assembled the last year or two? We were an old, low talent, scrappy unit with next to no upside. The reasons he wanted to leave Orlando, they had no hope going forward, the situation we had better was much more flexibility to blow it all up, but that would have been useless for Dwight.

14. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Sorry! Suppose to put , in between allah and holy cow. My bad

15. zhen_hui88

zhen_hui88 Member

I got you, brah.

16. tonguyen

tonguyen Rookie

We are bless

Look at this group of players that we tried to get before: Nene, Amare, Bynum, Paul and Howard what are they doing right now?

17. Raw Texas

Raw Texas Member

I'd say a little like the Kobe-Shaq era without the drama

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

I'd be fine with 60%

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

Nene is playing well on a terrible team.

We had a chance to get Amare but we were the ones who backed out so I'm not sure he really applies.

Did we ever really try to get Bynum? I suspect Morey did not want him and that's why we didn't up our offer to Orlando.

CP3 is leading the Clippers to an amazing season and he is in the MVP discussion.

20. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

repped buddy