1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Would Dwight Howard Look Next To James Harden In A Rockets Uniform Next Season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Jan 7, 2013.

1. jjin15

jjin15 Member

Bosh would 3 way bromance with parsons and Lin or just with harden

2. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

We'd have to dump salary? As far as i'm concerned, we'd have max salary cap come off-season.

3. Raven

Raven Member

Just a year ago, no one would have questioned whether Dwight (a top ten player) was worth the price, but the Fakers are not living up to their expectations, and he's taking heat over it.

Still, I just don't see him leaving glamorous LA. I think most of his chatter about "wanting to win" was just a cover to get away from central Florida. Perhaps he will try to force out Kobe, which would be hilarious, since what team would want Kobe that Kobe would want in return?

4. yostros99

yostros99 Member

I love Asik just like any Rockets fan, I just don't know where the improvement can come from after this year. If he improves a lot in the post, the then becomes just a poor man's dwight. I think if the opportunity to get Dwight arises again, you have to jump at it, and I believe Morey will jump at it as well.

As far as what the deal would look like?

Probably something around Asik, Morris/Patterson, Douglas, etc.

5. rocketblood713

Do yall really still want Howard after everything thats going on for Lakers ...

6. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Morey is smart enough not to go for Howard

7. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Do. Not. Want.

Seriously, why would anyone want his sorry ass after he dissed us and cried his way to a team that's now playing like garbage even with Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol by his side? I think the basketball gods are trying to tell us something, broyos... They're saying STAY AWAY FROM DWIGHT.

Aside from the fact that he's a whiny prima donna who will bring the city of Houston bad karma, who knows if he'll ever even fully recover from his injury issues. I for one feel completely vindicated in my anti-Howard campaign from this summer.

Omer Asik makes like 1/3 the money Dwight would get, but he is certainly MUCH more than 1/3 as good as Dwight. So screw Dwight Coward.

And yes, I mad (while also very happy with the current state of the Rockets... and Lakers).

8. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Kobe will have to drop the NTC if another team wants him. Not sure if he will do that.

This will definitely complicate the matter. Despite what Kobe had said that Lakers is now Howard's team, I haven't seen anything close that Kobe's ego is relinquish the team to Howard.

9. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

How would he look? He'd look like an ******* in a Rockets jersey, just like he used to look like an ******* in a Magic jersey and now looks like an ******* in a Lakers jersey.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

"Max" has many different meanings depending on years of experience, contractual status, etc. For a guy like James Harden, "max" is roughly $13.67M. For Dwight Howard, "max" is roughly $20.5M.

The Rockets are probably going to have around $17.5M in salary cap space (Larry Coon said the cap is currently projected to be around $60M, won't know the final numbers until the end of season). This is enough to give the max to almost all free agents available this year, but you need to dump some salary (roughly the size of Patterson's) to get to what it would take to offer Dwight Howard the max. (FWIW, Chris Paul is eligible for roughly $18.7M).

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

See, you can always count on Carl or Bima. Who needs Larry Coon? :p

12. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Using his two eyes, of course.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He is overrated and the dude has totally disrespected the city of houston multiple times. He doesn't deserve to be on the rockets.

14. Grigori

Grigori Member

Take the risk on him for $61.2 mil / 4 if he wants to come, not a penny more. Take it or leave it.

15. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

I don't think this is a good mindset (to not want Howard because he is a poor FT shooter). Drawing foul, in and of itself, is valuable, especially early in the game. With both Harden and Howard drawing fouls throughout the game, it would be difficult to keep the opposing teams best players on the court, giving us more of an advantage. You are talking about 2 players that draw more fouls than basically everyone else in basketball.

Also, Howard can finish around the rim at a very high rate. I think it is insane to not want Howard because free throw shooting, when Asik is barely better.

16. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

He's not the hero we deserve right now, he's the hero we need.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Howard is on the decline.

He's a player that relied a ton on his physical ability but never really added any skills to grow his game.

He's been having problems with his back and right now we are all getting a good look at Howard in a few years when he can't just explode off the floor any more.

You see this a lot with players that rely heavily on athleticism. They are stars in the league for the first part of their careers and then dwindle away into something like Amare Stoudamire....

Oh and Amare had/has more skills than Dwight.

I would not hate Morey for the idea but...I just worry that we've already seen the best of Dwight. Buying into a max player that is on the decline is literally the worst thing you can do.

18. bmd

bmd Member

Honestly... I don't even want Dwight Howard.

19. Jedster

Jedster Member

Dwight would fit right in Houston.
    See the bromance of Lin and Parsons to understand why. Competitive but fun and happy group.

Whereas in LA, everything is always a Kobe death glare/temper tantrum away from falling off the edge.

20. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

So if we do get Dwight...what happens to Asik?