1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2012-13

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 10, 2012.

1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Royce White for another Boys II Men concert at the Toyota Center

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

At the deadline

Hou trades- Dmo, Jones, Parsons, Aldrich, Ppat
    Get- Love

Lakers trade- Gasol
    Get- Ppat, AK47, Aldrich

T-wolves trade- Love, AK47
    Get- Gasol, Parsons, Alrich, Dmo, Jones

Lin/ Douglas
    Harden
    Delfino/ Morris
    Love/ Smith
    Asik

Offseason
    I think Iggy will use his ETO to opt for free agency. Push hard for him to beef up the SF spot. Fill in remaining holes with vets

Lin/ Douglas?
    Harden
    Iggy/ Delfino
    Love/ Morris
    Asik/ Smith

3. RocketsFan69

RocketsFan69 Member

ha i wish. Lakers wouldnt do if they are getting an offer for thomas robinson, marcus thorton, aaron brooks, and more. etc cant find the link right now. but it was a 3 three way trade with the lakers, celtics, and kings

4. rogower

rogower Member

It should be completely obvious at this point that the Rockets would happily give Royce White away for effectively nothing (i.e., a $1.5-$2.5 mil expiring contract) to whoever will agree to take him and his guaranteed 2013-14 salary, the headaches, the potential lawsuit, the wasted roster spot, etc.

So here are a bunch of Royce White trade ideas. Please note that it does not really matter who Houston gets back, since this player will almost certainly be a mediocre journeyman who is not going to be re-signed by Houston this summer, and may even be immediately waived by the team (after the trade has been completed), so as to create an open roster spot for Patrick Beverly.

Here you go:

White to the Hawks; Jordan Farmar to Houston
    White to the Celtics; Keyon Dooling to Houston
    White to the Nets; Jerry Stackhouse to Houston
    White to the Bobcats; Reggie Williams to Houston
    White to the Bulls; Vladimir Radmanovic to Houston
    White to the Cavs; Luke Harangody to Houston
    White to the Mavs; Dominique Jones to Houston
    White to the Lakers; Antawn Jamison to Houston
    White to the Grizzlies; Hamed Haddadi to Houston
    White to the Bucks; Joel Przybilla to Houston
    White to the Hornets; Roger Mason to Houston
    White to the Knicks; Renaldo Balkman to Houston
    White to the Sixers; Royal Ivey to Houston
    White to the Suns; Sebastian Telfair to Houston
    White to the Blazers; Elliot Williams to Houston
    White to the Jazz; Earl Watson to Houston
    White to the Wizards; Martell Webster to Houston

Daryl Morey is for sure going to jump at the chance to make any one of the above trades. He would then waive the player he gets back and sign Beverly. Wash your hands of this idiot and move on. And guys, most #16 overall picks don't pan out. Nobody imagined this scenario, this is pretty much THE worst case scenario. Houston's short- and long-term success is minimally impacted by this wasted pick.

5. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I really find it to hard to imagine Morey trading his pet Chandler Parsons but then again, i don't think he'd be a deal breaker in such a trade that would land us Kevin Love.

It'd be interesting to see what kind of trade Daryl Morey would come up with at this season's trade deadline.

My prediction, unless a star like Kevin Love suddenly becomes available, i'm only expecting to see a minor trade. Something similar to last season's Camby deal. Someone who can help us in the playoffs (if we ever do make it this season), and has to be an expiring contract.

Won't be surprised to see Morey acquiring say, Paul Millsap's expiring for a package of some of our young players (Jones,Motiejunas,Morris..etc) or some other player with an expiring contract who wouldn't cost us to lose too much of our young assets.

6. teebone21

teebone21 Member

His cap hit to houston only is 8 mill. If traded it goes back to poision pill Structure correct? This is why asik and lin are basically untradeable because whoever takes their contracts will need to pay 15 mill in year 3

7. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

No sane GM would want anything to do with an unproven rookie with a huge baggage/issue. At this point, I consider Royce White as good as gone (soon to be cut or waived). Either that or both parties somehow find a common ground since Morey is adamant on keeping the disgruntled rook.

8. rogower

rogower Member

I seriously doubt that Morey wants to keep White. It appears to me that all pro-White statements made by Houston are made so as to maintain the appearance that Houston is acting in good faith in its dealings with White, in anticipation of possible legal action. And I'm not so sure that there isn't a team willing to basically get White for free, either. There are some very badly managed NBA teams!

9. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

It's not that simple to cut this player. He's not just someone with an attitude problem, he has a mental illness and this it's a sensitive issue. Getting rid of someone like him could leave a bad image to the organization.

10. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Anyway, i don't wanna talk about Royce White any more please. lol

11. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Lmao...

12. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

yea enough about white.
    i know its not a trade, but this offseason when i look at the FA list, a couple name sticks out at me. I really think they should go after Toney Allen for a backup SG.
    Do we have enough cap to go after Iggy this offseason and put him at the 3. That might mean move parsons, but he would be exactly what our team needs.

13. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Lin/Douglas
    Hardin/Allen
    Iggy/Morris
    Pat/ jones/ Dmo
    Asik/Smith

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Patterson, Parsons, Aldrich with whatever picks we have left for Cousins, Outlaw, Garcia

Lol i wish.

15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

It doesnt matter if they never get traded or get traded 15 times each, as long as they are in thier current contract thier cap hit(for ANY team) will be 8/8/8...

The only thing that a gm would be hesitant is the owner has to pay 5/5/15...

So lets say he is traded at the end of the second year of his contract. The recieving team would have to weigh how much the cap hit vs the salary of the pay(8.3 to 15)...

16. AFS

AFS Member

How do you figure that? Iggy might be a better defender than Parsons (even though Parsons is still a good defender), but Parsons can actually shoot the ball. Iggy is a poor 3-pt shooter and would have issues spacing the floor for our backcourt.

17. rogower

rogower Member

Obviously Daryl Morey is too clever to pay Tony Allen $4-$5+ mil/year to be a backup SG, particularly when he can find diamonds in the rough like Carlos Delfino in free agency, and pick up a guy like Toney Douglas off of the scrap heap, year in and year out.

As for Andre Iguodala: I don't think he's a good fit for Houston, really, but it is clear to me that Denver is one of the teams that a clever GM such as Daryl Morey will be looking to exploit over the next six months. Why? Because, like Chicago was this past season, the Nuggets have a bloated payroll, and have to auction off assets for 25 cents on the dollar, or allow them to walk in free agency, such as Iguodala. The Nuggets can't afford to keep this group together. It is obvious that one of the following players can be plucked away fairly easily:

-Andre Iguodala (will opt out of his contract this coming summer and will look to sign a 4-5 year extension, probably starting at around $10-$11 mil, f not more)
    -JaVale McGee (is getting paid a lot of money to be underutilized by the terrible George Karl)
    -Danilo Gallinari (young and reasonably priced; he likely stays put)
    -Wilson Chandler (looks like an albatross contract; Houston will pass)
    -Andre Miller (reasonably priced, but $5 mil/year is a lot to pay for a guy who doesn't start for Houston, and who isn't much of a perimeter shooter)
    -Kosta Koufos ($3 mil/year through 2014-15, which is very reasonable; Denver will keep this guy)
    -Ty Lawson (new contract kicks in next season, starting at over $10 mil)

Since Houston likely will have zero luck dumping Chandler, and since they presumably want to build around the quartet of Iguodala (who I think they plan on re-signing, especially since Iggy has long been undervalued in the marketplace, which is why they were able to get him for basically nothing this past summer), Lawson, Gallinari, and Kenneth Faried, you have to figure that they'll try to move the young and underutilized McGee for not a whole lot in return, probably a first round pick and that's it. Or a recent first round pick, such as Donatas Motiejunas, or Terrence Jones, or Marcus Morris.

Maybe McGee isn't the best fit in the world for Houston, but he's a very valuable asset, I believe, who can be plucked away fairly easily by a team with cap space this summer. Houston can always flip the guy later on.

Another option would be to orchestrate a three-way deal involving Denver and Utah, prior to this year's trade deadline:

Paul Millsap and Jeremy Evans to Houston;
    JaVale McGee (locked up for a while, unlike Millsap, and much younger than Millsap) and Quincy Miller to Utah;
    Patrick Patterson and Donatas Motiejunas to Denver

Yes, you can hold off on trying to get Millsap until this summer, but are you not a big upgrade at PF away from winning 50+ games this season and possibly a first round playoff series? You won't miss Patterson, who arguably isn't even a rotation player if you were to add Millsap, and you won't miss Motiejunas, at least not this season, anyway. And, by giving Millsap 2-3 months or so to grow used to the idea of being a Rocket, you are in a great position to re-sign the guy to an extension this summer, particularly since you'd have his Larry Bird Rights and could therefore offer him one more year than anybody else, which is often crucial.

Denver resolves its luxury tax problem for 2013-14 while getting back an affordable rotation guy (Patterson) and another center project for Karl in Motiejunas.

Utah resolves the issue of what to do with Millsap by acquiring the much younger McGee, who you're paying less than Houston may wind up paying Millsap.

Anyway, the point here is that Denver is in a tough spot, so look for them to wind up moving one of their big name guys over the next six months. McGee is the most likely guy to get moved, in my opinion.

18. eman

eman Contributing Member

Cole Aldrich and Royce White for Austin Daye.

19. Hank_1

Hank_1 Member

I'm inclined not to do anything for the next two-years and CONSIDER signing Love in 2015 when his contract is over. 2Pat, Morris and Smith have the potential to be very good players on a team with potential stars in Lin and Parsens. Harden is already an all-star.

We're on pace to win 48 games this year. I say be patient and let our young players develop.

20. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

3 team trade

Hou trades: Patterson, Aldrich, Delfino
    Hou receives: J Smoove & Festus

ATL trades: Smith
    ATL receives: Bogut, Barnes

GSW trades: Bogut, Barnes, Festus
    GSW receives: Delfino, Patterson, Aldrich

Houston does it: Upgrade at PF

ATL does it: Upgrade at C, move Horford down to natural position of PF.

GSW does it: Bogut hasnt really played in Golden State, they move him along with 2 rookies to get deeper in key positions.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=akovk46