1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Some 'Lin'sights from The Bam Box Score

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rayrocket, Jan 2, 2013.

Tags:
  1. lfw

lfw Rookie

He just outed his troll account.

2. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Edited

3. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

I'm trying to prove that what people perceive other players as great, are not as great as they appear to be. It's the media that hypes them up that makes them appear as great as they are. Some are good, but not as good as the media blows it up to be.

4. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

Well if Clutch can merge them then I'm all for it

5. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Lin is a good player but hes not better than Kyrie or Rose...I dont even see why its an argument Kyrie and Harden would be the best backcourt in the league

6. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

You do realize that Lin lit up Irving in NYK for 19 points, 13 assists and 5 boards right?

7. Arthurprescott2

but they're both his troll accounts... :grin:

8. zazinteractive

Now when someone labels him a 2009fer hes gonna pull out an account he made in 2007

9. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Stop while you are still ahead. Just leave it as "Lin is a better defender than Kyrie." No one will argue against that.

10. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

I never said that. Anyways...

11. ERC

ERC Member

:confused::confused::confused:

Basketball is a team sport. It takes more than Irving to win games, you know. Besides, he's very young. All the things people say about Lin being young with potential to grow & develop apply to Irving too, considering Irving is 4 years younger than Lin.

And Rose is NOT a flash in a pan. You don't get drafted first overall and become the youngest MVP in NBA history if you are a flash in a pan.

I am a huge fan of Lin as well, but I think one should give credit when credit's due.

12. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Rose is the next Brandon Roy. Bank on it.

13. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

You don't use one game of inividual matchup to determine who is a better player. That's just down right silly.

If you ask 100 non-LOF's who is an overall better player, 101 will pick Kyrie.

14. pnr

pnr Member

Kyrie is a shooting guard in a point guard's body. He is a supremely talented offensive player with the potential of developing a better all-around game as he gets older.

15. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

I know you're being sarcastic with your 101 would pick out of a sample size of 101, but come on.

16. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

This guy keeps showing how little he knows with each post

17. ERC

ERC Member

Even if Rose couldn't get back to his pre-injury form, it doesn't take away the fact that he was a great player who, again, became the youngest MVP in NBA history.

18. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

Dude...did you just compared Derrick Rose to Brandon Roy?

Brandon Roy was a heck of a player, but even at his peak he was not the same caliber talent that Rose is/was. You're talking about the YOUNGEST player in the NBA to ever win the MVP award.

With that being said, you are also comparing a player with degenerative knee issues to a guy who tore his ACL on a freak accident of a play. ACL injuries aren't a death sentence like they were 15-20 years ago. There have been significant advances in medicine that will allow for players to return to their pre-injury form (see Baron Davis, Carl Landry, etc) and sometimes even stronger (see Adrian Peterson). Brandon Roy is going on what 6 or 7 surgeries including microfracture surgery on BOTH knees. You are comparing apples to oranges here. Derrick Rose's situation is completely different from Roy's. A more accurate comparison would have been comparing Roy to his oft-injured teammate Greg Oden.

19. ERC

ERC Member

Rose has played 4 full seasons prior to his injury. In 2010-11 he played 81 out of the 82 games, averaging 25p/7.7a on 44.5% shooting. He's PROVEN. It has nothing to do with the media hyping it up.

Again, huge Lin fan myself, but being a fan shouldn't prevent one from seeing the facts or giving credits when due.

20. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Irving is supremely talented on the offensive end but his defense is TERRIBLE.

I see him as a great individual talent but I haven't seen any ability of making his teammates better.